[Official] Help and Support for JRummy Roms

I've tried twice now to install the new 1.1 from ROM manager. But everytime I go through the google sync and setup. The setup force closes and when I get to the home screen I just have the notification bar and black screen, I can't do anything. Then when I reboot it just gets stuck at the boot animation. I'm on 1.0 blue theme right now and I'd really like to get to 1.1

btw tried the same thing on a friend's droid and got the same result, i'm guess the common denominator is me lol but what am I doing wrong?

it saysE:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(no such file or directory)
Installation aborted

Internet connection issues

Yesterday I noticed I'm no longer able to access the internet on my phone. Nothing that uses the internet will work. Can't browse the web, can't access the market, can't load Pandora radio, can't get into RomManager, nothing. I'm using kangerade 1.0. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions as to how I could troubleshoot this?

PS. if there's a better forum for this thread please let me know.

Update: Just wanted to add that I can do all the basic phone functions. SMS, calls, etc.

Last edited:
Yesterday I noticed I'm no longer able to access the internet on my phone. Nothing that uses the internet will work. Can't browse the web, can't access the market, can't load Pandora radio, can't get into RomManager, nothing. I'm using kangerade 1.0. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions as to how I could troubleshoot this?

Yeah, let's put you with the kangerade people and see if they can help you.

Update: Just wanted to add that I can do all the basic phone functions. SMS, calls, etc.

This JUST happened to me as well. Everything was working fine until a few minutes ago.

I managed to solved the problem. I started out by taking the phone all the way back to stock 2.0.1 using RSD Lite. Then I went through the rooting process and reinstalled kangerade. At this point, I had internet connectivity. But when I restored my apps with titanium backup I lost connectivity again. So I did a full data wipe from recovery and booted back into the OS and had connectivity again. I haven't really tried to narrow down which app it was that caused this because I had over a hundred at the time and I didn't feel like going through all of them. But if you can remember installing any apps shortly before this happened try uninstalling them. If that doesn't work back up all your apps with titanium backup and do a datawipe from whichever recovery platform you are using.

I managed to solved the problem. I started out by taking the phone all the way back to stock 2.0.1 using RSD Lite. Then I went through the rooting process and reinstalled kangerade. At this point, I had internet connectivity. But when I restored my apps with titanium backup I lost connectivity again. So I did a full data wipe from recovery and booted back into the OS and had connectivity again. I haven't really tried to narrow down which app it was that caused this because I had over a hundred at the time and I didn't feel like going through all of them. But if you can remember installing any apps shortly before this happened try uninstalling them. If that doesn't work back up all your apps with titanium backup and do a datawipe from whichever recovery platform you are using.
You didn't need to do that. I just reinstalled the rom from recovery (update.zip). Going back over the original thread I noticed the disclaimer about using godmode. I hit that by mistake earlier and that's what the problem was.

news and weather widget not working

I'm running 4.07 and I have really bad signal and the news and weather refuses to get my location automatically. My 3g comes in and out a lot and I'm averaging 1 bar. I have the blue theme for 4.07 kangarade.

My beautiful widgets stopped updating the temperature after I installed 4.0.7.

Not sure if it has to do with kang, or is just coincidence? Anyone have any insight?

Not sure if it has to do with kang, or is just coincidence? Anyone have any insight?

I have this same issue. Haven't found a fix for it yet, let me know if you do lol

Market Issue

I installed the Nex-Tang theme but when I tried to open my market it auto closes. Also my Pure Calandar Widget wasn't syncing. Do you have a solution to this?

I have this same issue. Haven't found a fix for it yet, let me know if you do lol

So far the only thing I've found is that you have to uninstall/reinstall - and set it up by manual location only. But thats a lot of a pain in the butt to get a weather update - but maybe the info will help someone smarter than me figger out what its doing?

sames issues here, installed 4.0.7 and geolocation apps like Beautiful Widgets and an app I use for Boat Launches, don't find me. However, Navigation seems to be working fine. No issues on Kang 1.1. Going to try reinstalling 1.1 then 4.0.7 again.

Last edited:
Same here

sames issues here, installed 4.0.7 and geolocation apps like Beautiful Widgets and an app I use for Boat Launches, don't find me. However, Navigation seems to be working fine. No issues on Kang 1.1. Going to try reinstalling 1.1 then 4.0.7 again.

Geolocation doesn't work

Back