Old Bionic Vs New Specs

Let me preface this by saying that most of this is speculation because there hasn't been much confirmed by anyone outside of what images we see. But working off of tips and inside information its worth comparing what moto has done with its "improvements"

--------------Old Bionic---------- New Bionic----------------------Samsung Galaxy S2

CPU--------- Tegra 2 1.0 Dual--- TI OMAP 1.2 Dual--------------Exynos 1.2 Dual
Display------4.3 540x960 qhd-- 4.3 or 4.5 qhd gorilla glass-----4.3 Super AMOLED 800x400
RAM------- 512MB DDR2--------- 1GB (presumably DDR2)------1GB
O/S-------- @CES 2.2 ------------2.3.4 (GB)----------------------2.3.3
Internal ----16gb----------------- 16gb (rumored)----------------16gb internal
Camera(s) - 8mp and VGA------- Rear 8mp 1.3 or 2.0 FFC------Rear 8mp 2.0 FFC
Video------- 720p----------------- 1080p--------------------------1080p @30fps
Battery-----1930mAh-------------1750mAh-----------------------1650mAh
Again all of this is speculation but its nice to see the side by side for the mean time to see why we've all been waiting 6 months for a new phone.

Where did you read that it was going to be a dual core 1.2Ghz TI chip. I thought it was going to be a dual core 1.0 Ghz TI chip. Also how do you know its going to be 1GB RAM? Not trying to be a dick but I just want to know where you got your information from.

I am pretty sure 1GB RAM will happen since you want more RAM when supporting gingerbread.

OXN @ AC gave up the specs and wnrussell confirmed the TI OMAP @ 1.2ghz and said it is a 44XX version, either 4430 or 4440. I believe the 4430 goes up to 1ghz and cannot "do" 1080p which is supposedly what the Bionic can do, which means (hopefully) its the 4440 which goes up to 1.5ghz and can "do" 1080p or even better the 4460 i read about too.

OXN also stated it has 1gb of RAM, 99% sure it's DDR2, with 800mb usable with ~200mb reserved for the OS.

Let me preface this by saying that most of this is speculation because there hasn't been much confirmed by anyone outside of what images we see. But working off of tips and inside information its worth comparing what moto has done with its "improvements"

--------------Old Bionic---------- New Bionic----------------------Samsung Galaxy S2

CPU--------- Tegra 2 1.0 Dual--- TI OMAP 1.2 Dual--------------Exynos 1.2 Dual
Display------4.3 540x960 qhd-- 4.3 or 4.5 qhd gorilla glass-----4.3 Super AMOLED 800x400
RAM------- 512MB DDR2--------- 1GB (presumably DDR2)------1GB
O/S-------- @CES 2.2 ------------2.3.4 (GB)----------------------2.3.3
Internal ----16gb----------------- 16gb (rumored)----------------16gb internal
Camera(s) - 8mp and VGA------- Rear 8mp 1.3 or 2.0 FFC------Rear 8mp 2.0 FFC
Video------- 720p----------------- 1080p--------------------------1080p @30fps
Battery-----1930mAh-------------1750mAh-----------------------1650mAh
Again all of this is speculation but its nice to see the side by side for the mean time to see why we've all been waiting 6 months for a new phone.

Where did you read that it was going to be a dual core 1.2Ghz TI chip. I thought it was going to be a dual core 1.0 Ghz TI chip. Also how do you know its going to be 1GB RAM? Not trying to be a dick but I just want to know where you got your information from.

I am pretty sure 1GB RAM will happen since you want more RAM when supporting gingerbread.

OXN @ AC gave up the specs and wnrussell confirmed the TI OMAP @ 1.2ghz and said it is a 44XX version, either 4430 or 4440. I believe the 4430 goes up to 1ghz and cannot "do" 1080p which is supposedly what the Bionic can do, which means (hopefully) its the 4440 which goes up to 1.5ghz and can "do" 1080p or even better the 4460 i read about too.

OXN also stated it has 1gb of RAM, 99% sure it's DDR2, with 800mb usable with ~200mb reserved for the OS.

Thanks Mike. That was where I pulled my source for the specs. Again.. All this means nothing until something is confirmed, but to me its nice to see a side by side to see what we've all been waiting too long for = )

This guys last article quoted the popherald source regarding the hotspot extension, bionic release connection. Or rather the article that assumed that vzw was doing "A" so it must directly be related to "D" that gather site seems to be a bunch of n00bs that wanna write stuff. Nothing ive read from that site from any poster regarding the bionic has had any accuracy. The last guy there was reviewing the etna bionic as of last week.. lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

It doesn't really matter, unless it can be rooted. Otherwise, what's the use?:icon_evil::icon_evil:dancedroid
I've been waiting Soo long, but liquid 2.0 eases my pain.
1380 quadrent score with a 1200 kernadancedroid:icon_ banana:

It doesn't really matter, unless it can be rooted. Otherwise, what's the use?:icon_evil::icon_evil:dancedroid

Why would it not be able to be rooted???? I think you may be confused.

dancedroiddancedroidEveryone has been complaining about a locked bootloader and no easy way to root stock GB 2.4+. I hope that I am confused. BTW just reran quadrent and got a 1406. Damn, LSR 2.0 is fast.:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Why would it not be able to be rooted???? I think you may be confused.
BTW see my last post and the "Update for Bionic pics" string and you will see what I was posting and why I am concerned about the difficulty in rooting the Bionic:icon_eek:

I personally dont see the absolute need for root at release especially since their wont be any roms out until the community devs get to work on it. You dont need to oc a phone that fast right from the get go, and blur is easily bypassed by a custom launcher. So why is root absolutely neccesary right out the box?

The only thing I could possibly think that would/could be absolutely essential for someone to have would be low voltage kernels to save battery life. Me personally I tend to plug in my phone here and there throughout the day either through home/car/ or dock charger. If I have to leave my phone for a half hour without it being glued to my hand **gasp** then so be it :icon_ nana:

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:
I would bet my iphone that the Bionic will be rooted. it will have a locked bootloader though.

I agree. What is the deal with the tiny batteries? They better offer the desktop charger with free extra battery like the LG Revolution has for only $50!

Samsung Galaxy S II Passes Through the FCC with Nvidia Tegra 2

Looks like the S2 in the US might just have a tegra 2 instead of the exynos. Phandroid is saying it passed through the FCC with the above mentioned processor. time will tell.

Reposting my response in the GSII forum:

This is really odd that the Bionic seems to be set to come out in about a month and we've heard diddly squat about the Verizon version of the GSII. I was really hoping they would be launching around the same time so I could have at least compared the two and made a decision but at this point it looks like I'm going with the Bionic because I won't be able to wait any longer. Sadly I probably would have gone with the GSII. I guess there's always hope in the off chance of a stealth launch within the month.

I'm also surprised that we still don't know if it will have an LTE radio in it. It would be sad if it didn't. Then it would be like a Samsung version of a DX2.

Supply shortages and/or apple are likely to blame for the GS2 delays.

Back