Old Bionic Vs New Specs

Supply shortages and/or apple are likely to blame for the GS2 delays.

Im really leaning to the SG2 being hindered by pending apple lawsuits.. Perhaps it's because I dislike all that apple stands for and the dickish moves they pull thinking they own everything through patents.

The sg2 has released abroad and US markets are still pending... I dont think it is a coincidence. I sooo feel it is apple's fault.

Yea I think it's apples fault too. How can a device launch with Touchwiz if Apple is saying that Touchwiz is a rip off of the apple interface. I gave up on the GS2 a long time ago. Also VZW seriously hindered my fascinate and I expect them to do the same to the GS2. Plus the GPS is totally not functional in the GS1's. I am done with Samsung for now.

With all the Apple vs Samsung going on, and the fact it may not have 4G, I would say the bionic will be my next phone.

Still no word of it being LTE!!! So I am sticking with The Bionic!!!

Cant see how it will have LTE if this is really coming with Tegra 2 since we already know the DB was delayed because the LTE radio wasnt comptabile with the T2 processor

Im really leaning to the SG2 being hindered by pending apple lawsuits.. Perhaps it's because I dislike all that apple stands for and the dickish moves they pull thinking they own everything through patents.

The sg2 has released abroad and US markets are still pending... I dont think it is a coincidence. I sooo feel it is apple's fault.

Apple didn't create some elaborate conspiracy to induce Samsung's infringement of their patents.

Apple didn't create some elaborate conspiracy to induce Samsung's infringement of their patents.

allegedly.....

why would samsung hold off on a device that has been released in Europe for two months now, and has a good number of folks waiting for it. While im not a conspiracy theorist about apple, id still be curious as to why it has not launched yet...

Hopefully its passage through the FCC is a step in the right direction for release.

I cant decide whether the Droid 3 or Droid Bionic will be better.
The Bionic has LTE, but the Droid 3 looks...soo...cool...

Apple has already filed an injunction to stop a few of their products from coming to the US. While a decision hasn't been made yet to prevent Samsung from releasing them yet, its got to have an effect on bringing it to the US. Their lawyers are probably advising them to hold off because if Apple wins and a few million devices are sold in the US then that would surely increase the $$ in the settlement

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Apple has already filed an injunction to stop a few of their products from coming to the US. While a decision hasn't been made yet to prevent Samsung from releasing them yet, its got to have an effect on bringing it to the US. Their lawyers are probably advising them to hold off because if Apple wins and a few million devices are sold in the US then that would surely increase the $$ in the settlement

Right..... But Apple didn't make Samsung do the infringing in the first place. They were the ones who stole the iOS look for GeeWiz.

Either way, I think its more likely that Samsung wants a bigger cut a la Apple from the providers. The US providers have so many options now though, that they can just ignore Samsung and force their hand.

Right..... But Apple didn't make Samsung do the infringing in the first place. They were the ones who stole the iOS look for GeeWiz.

Either way, I think its more likely that Samsung wants a bigger cut a la Apple from the providers. The US providers have so many options now though, that they can just ignore Samsung and force their hand.

Apple is claiming they infringed on their patents, its not fact though. But pending litigation is a lot more likely the reason for the delay in the product coming to the the US than Samsung just being greedy, without a doubt

bionic to get less ram than the thunderbolt?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Don't forget the HUGE benefit of dual channel RAM with the OMAP 4 SoC in the Targa (new Bionic). The Etna (old Bionic) and the GS2 don't have this.

Sent using CM4DX

allegedly.....

why would samsung hold off on a device that has been released in Europe for two months now, and has a good number of folks waiting for it. While im not a conspiracy theorist about apple, id still be curious as to why it has not launched yet...

Hopefully its passage through the FCC is a step in the right direction for release.

Here's some evidence.

http://phandroid.com/2011/07/06/app...its-own-import-ban-request-on-galaxy-devices/

Back