R.I.P. GNex

Meh... it's the 15th, the last day I could go and get a free replacement, and I am feeling like IDK what to do... My signal has improved, I saw -75dBm yesterday in an extremely crowded area (that's for 4G, too)... But my battery dies quickly. I turn off everything unnecessary, but not to the point of crippling my phone. Yet, today: unplugged at 10:07am. Three phone calls for a total of 16min of talk time. Sixty-five text messages. One hour and twenty eight minutes of internet browsing. Battery level at 3:33PM: 11%

Now, should I drive all the way to the Verizon store to get a new battery before my "30 day coverage" runs out, or what???? I need help here guys

See I dont knoe about a 2700+ extended battery. I bought this thing because how thin and comfortable it feels. My phone gets me through 12 hours. The only way I could see getting an extended battery that large is if I am going to be on a long trip (international travel) and I want a way to watch movies and listen to vids and I cant charge my device for awhile. Other than that I am satisfied.

I've got the screensaver mode set to turn on at 10 minutes. Do you think that's too long, or is that safe?

The stock clock when you long press it has the time move every so often however the three dots where the softkeys are stay lit.

Also I wish I could make it darker.

At least I can have a clock again now - I had no idea about the long press. I just balanced the phone next to a book on my nightstand last night and the clock worked very well.

Yeah, one thing that you might not have known is this:
open clock and begin by tapping the screen once then after it dims click again this time holding down for around 2 seconds.

I also put my brightness all the way down - not with the power control widget but with the slider in settings or in the widget drop down menu if your rom has one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

The stock clock when you long press it has the time move every so often however the three dots where the softkeys are stay lit.

Also I wish I could make it darker.

At least I can have a clock again now - I had no idea about the long press. I just balanced the phone next to a book on my nightstand last night and the clock worked very well.

Someone needs to write a book on this! I read these forums daily and find out at least 1 new thing a day this phone does! And I agree on the battery life. Stock unrooted, my phone was fine after the first time I let it die.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Yeah,

That's what I do... long press to get to the blue clock. I just don't like how bright the blue is. In the middle of the night when my eyes have adjusted to the dark it's searing my retina's.

I suspected that turning down the brightness might solve the issue but then I'd be turning it up and down every day which is annoying. They should have a setting for brightness on the clock - the Bionic did.

Maybe I'll turn it down as low as it goes tonight to see what happens.

Yeah, one thing that you might not have known is this:
open clock and begin by tapping the screen once then after it dims click again this time holding down for around 2 seconds.

I also put my brightness all the way down - not with the power control widget but with the slider in settings or in the widget drop down menu if your rom has one.

Yeah,

That's what I do... long press to get to the blue clock. I just don't like how bright the blue is. In the middle of the night when my eyes have adjusted to the dark it's searing my retina's.

I suspected that turning down the brightness might solve the issue but then I'd be turning it up and down every day which is annoying. They should have a setting for brightness on the clock - the Bionic did.

Maybe I'll turn it down as low as it goes tonight to see what happens.
You misunderstood me. Tap once, then tap again this time holding it down. So two different traps.

OP: not sure how long you had the phone for, or if this message is too late, but I had terrible battery life for the first couple weeks with the phone. partly attributable to "new toy screen on usage", but also settings mentioned in this thread. Google+, background data sync, etc.

i went from half day to all day and then some, and now that i've rooted, i can almost go two days 9am - 9pm (the next day) on a single charge. (36 hours, if that's not clear). yeah, if i talk on the phone or play world of goo, the number goes down, but i dont think ive put it on the charger at night in the past 2 weeks with less than 30% battery (i'm at 70% now with 10 hours on the clock). battery stats says i get 1d7h on a single charge (estimated). no idea how it comes up with that, but its about right.

anyway, there is hope? (if not for you, the razr maxx looks sweet too, then for others who might be bummed (like i was) on the out of box battery life, even a few weeks in)

i take part of it back. i just checked, and since unlocking/rooting, NFC, google+ sync, and the other things I had turned off to save battery were all turned back on by default. but even though i'm rooted, i'm on pure stock ICS (no mods, no roms, no setCPU profiles (yet), and still...great battery life. i have no explanation, really -- and i know that doesnt help you, but there is hope. perhaps your device did have something glitchy?

Why do you think I misunderstood you, do you realize the blue clock is the farthest you can get? I tap, then tap-hold. That's the only way to get to the blue clock.

Unless you are doing it another way.

You misunderstood me. Tap once, then tap again this time holding it down. So two different traps.

getting great battery life, 1day 8hrs on 1 charge, :icon_ lala: good luck with the razr though View attachment 45859

Which rom are you using to get this kind of battery life? Curious. I'm stock rooted and unlocked disable most of background synching, maps, GPS etc.I get barely 10-12 hours with moderate use. Screen time usually less than 2 hours. I have setcpu running with about dozen profiles. Definitely it conserves a tons of battery when screen off but when u used the damn phone it drains crazy.

Why do you think I misunderstood you, do you realize the blue clock is the farthest you can get? I tap, then tap-hold. That's the only way to get to the blue clock.

Unless you are doing it another way.

That is the dimmest blue clock you can get. But if you long tap on the bright white clock you get a bright blue clock.

Back