Rezound 1900mah slim ext. battery available from Mugen

I got the shipping confirmation email on Sunday, which I thought was weird, so I'm expecting it sometime today. *crosses fingers*

I got mine today. As of this thread, it's being charged.
I will report the outcome soon !

Lookin forward to hearing! One disclaimer, sometimes extended batteries from non-OEM mfgs drop the first 10-20% real fast then slow down. So if it starts off poor, don't jump off the ship immediately!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My extended sits in a drawer, probably for when I go on a trip, it was just way to bulky and took me about a day to realize it. I have managed through habit though to make the original battery last all day, by plugging it in whenever i get in the car or walk in the house.

Which external charger do have? I was thinking about going that route too. But I want one that I can carry in my pocket

Sent from my Awesome Rezound using Droid Forums

In general, the from what I've read and personally experienced, you really need an external charger that is at least 4 times the capacity of the device you wish to recharge in order to actually be worth buying. This is because these devices passively charge your phone and thus not every mAh of capacity on the charger will transfer over to your phone... It's almost as if the charger follows a charging gradient and thus once the chargers capacity is around 20 percent left of its own charge, it is unable to recharge your phone because the gradient is not big enough.

I tried an Energizer XP4001, which has a 4000 mAh capacity, and it was only able to recharge my old Droid Razr 1 and a half times... Compared to the New Trent IMP99D with a 9900 mAh capacity was able to recharge my Droid Razr 4 and a half times.

Here is my review of the New Trent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSDso84MDh4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=QSDso84MDh4

My personal advice is this: if you want a portable charger for the Rezound, get one with at least 6000 mAh capacity to make it worth while. It won't be very light, but anything smaller is only gonna give you 1 or 2 full charges. If you want something light and portable then get an extra battery to carry with you. That will guarantee one full charge and is only a fraction of the weight of a portable charger.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus, using Tapatalk.

I got mine today. As of this thread, it's being charged.
I will report the outcome soon !

Mine's taking forever to get here... you gotta report back! :)

Got mine yesterday, couldn't use it till today though, and it's awesome. Fits perfectly with the standard battery door. I put it in my phone right away at 12:50pm and it was at 71%. At about 7:30 PM it was at 41%. This is with a little less than 2 hours of music from Poweramp, a few youtube videos, maybe 10 minutes of browsing, and maybe 15-20 minutes worth of calls, 30% over about 6ish hours. Not bad at all IMO, especially if this is the "uncalibrated" stats. If you're a hardcore heavy user, then you should probably get used to a charger; but, if you're just a moderate to occasionally heavy user who wants to last through the day without worry, then this is a great buy. Only $13 more than the extended, but without any added bulk. I love having my sleek Bionic and not what looks like a blackboard eraser. Overall I'm very satisfied, just hope it continues to work. I'll report back if any problems arise for sure...

As to the price/per maH ratio, I think the higher price has a lot to do with the fact it's a higher maH but the same size as the standard. If it needed it's own door and everything I'd be willing to bet it'd be a bit cheaper, or would at least equal out to the same "new" price as the other batteries. I don't regret it at all though, I hated the extended, so this is perfect. Thanks Mugen.

Here is my first charge outcome - After getting the Mugen battery, I placed it in my phone. My battery app showed it had a 73% charge out of the package. I immediately charged it to full charge.
After the charge, I used my phone in the same way as I have been using it with the stock battery.
The Mugen discharges at a noticeably slower rate.Even sitting idle, I've noticed a difference in how it discharges.
I'm sold on it so far. I'll report back with another dicharge/ charge/ use cycle.

Yes, please report back after a week or so. Thanks guys....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Any updates in this matter?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

To those who own this, does it ever get hott, have you noticed a huge difference.....etc? I'm thinking about buying but not sure about the $45 price tag. Also is there a big difference between the 1800 and the 1900?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Just went through my 3rd charge/use cycle. I'm very pleased with the Mugen battery compared to the stock that came with the Rezound.
Again, there is a noticeable difference between the 2 batteries, with the Mugen lasting longer between charges !
I don't know if there is an 1800 battery, as asked about.
This Mugen battery was a little warm, for a brief period, when using my music app and downloading, but nothing to get alarmed about. As for my normal use during the day, it does not get warm . I'll keep updating my experiences with the battery. Hope this helps !

OK, a 1900mah battery for $45 shipped? dayum! they have 1700mah batteries 2 for $25 shipped and even the extended batteries are the same price as the 1900mah. I'm having a hard time convincing myself it could be worth the price. Heck, someone is selling 2-1800mah batteries shipped for $32. :blink:

Just went through my 3rd charge/use cycle. I'm very pleased with the Mugen battery compared to the stock that came with the Rezound.
Again, there is a noticeable difference between the 2 batteries, with the Mugen lasting longer between charges !
I don't know if there is an 1800 battery, as asked about.
This Mugen battery was a little warm, for a brief period, when using my music app and downloading, but nothing to get alarmed about. As for my normal use during the day, it does not get warm . I'll keep updating my experiences with the battery. Hope this helps !

Any take on how much added battery life? Like 2 hours? 3 Hour?

Back