Rezound Stuck in Boot Loop

issue fixed rezound rebooting over and over..

awesome i just did this,,,,,,,,,,,*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and back in business again thank you guys...

Thumbs up, I was like crap my rooting flub it, cause I was looking for a fix to the android.process.acore issue. Then I rebooted after uninstalling the updates to Facebook, one know issues for it ect. ect. I know that even when doing that a reboot is required, so I did. I was in 3g then as the Gieco pig goes weeeeeeeeee endless reboot for awhile then it went dead...... REZOUND down call 911 "WAIT NO PHONE" have internet go read, ah.... look what I found. Pulled sim card, reboot, did the *#*#4635#*#* looked under phone info changed radio setting. Power Down, pull battery and replaced sim card, power up and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing the right way...

Thanks man ...

I had to do this with my second rezound when rebooting in 3g. Amazingly enough it was verizon that talked me through this, so they are very well aware of this problem. I am on my third rezound and things have been going really well with no major problems yet. My question is.... Do I wait till this bootlooping problem happens again, or do I go in and change the CDMA settings now before it ever happens? I am still stock.

I had to do this with my second rezound when rebooting in 3g. Amazingly enough it was verizon that talked me through this, so they are very well aware of this problem. I am on my third rezound and things have been going really well with no major problems yet. My question is.... Do I wait till this bootlooping problem happens again, or do I go in and change the CDMA settings now before it ever happens? I am still stock.

Definitely change it now... It will save you headache because eventually it will happen again... I'm on phone 3 too... Hope this is the last swap...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I hear ya Surgeon! Can you tell me if I need to do the sim card pull if I am not bootlooping or can I just go to the dialer and do the 4636 thing. I also read to uncheck the fastboot option. What is your take on that? Thx for the help!

I hear ya Surgeon! Can you tell me if I need to do the sim card pull if I am not bootlooping or can I just go to the dialer and do the 4636 thing. I also read to uncheck the fastboot option. What is your take on that? Thx for the help!

No need to remove the SIM card to change those settings...

Definitely want to uncheck fastboit though... Some programs don't like it and pretty sure not all programs completely clear their cached memory parts...

Seems like my phone is a bit sluggish afterwards and I get the most reboots with this option enables...

However, no two devices are ever alike so???

Official software fix should be out in 2 weeks to stop this bug

My phone did this boot loop trick on Friday.:mad: I spent 70 min with Verizon tech support. I could have made it quicker if I knew you can not connect to 3/4G if you not have the battery cover on the phone. We spent too long trying to connect to the mobile network with no luck till I thought, This battery cover has antennas in it. Why don’t I attach it and see what happens. That solved the problem. I had the cover off so I could pull the battery to stop the boot loop trick.

A side note. The Verizon tech guy said a official software fix should be out in 2 weeks to stop this s/w bug with a patch.

So this morning's charging had finished, I decided to reboot since its been a few days since I rebooted my phone (boooyyy did i regret restarting it)...

After I hit that restart button, came back 5 mins later to see the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" logo... I'm like "why is it still on this screen? its lagging!" so I sat down on the couch with the phone watching it boot up... it goes past the 4G LTE startup logo and is able to get to the dialer mode for about 15-20 seconds, then BAMM it reboots! Got me shocked! So I didnt do anything and just watched it again... went like that for 2 more times... in between I managed to disable the 'fast bootup'

Decided to pop on here and search a quick fix or known/related issues... I see some have pulled the batter, pulled the SIM, dialed the *#*#4636#*#*, or finally resorted to the factory reset. So I did all types of combinations and however way I did it (with AND without SIM) the phone info still read that my setting was still on WCDMA... not the EDVO/CDMA...
So perhaps that wasnt the problem for me? ...but why ELSE would it boot loop???

After a loss of 55% battery, I decided to do a factory reset.... so far so good
Definitely disabling the fast boot just as a precaution (since you all think its better)

Otherwise, this Rezound r0cks!
Stock n unrooted.... Chyyeaahhh

Last edited:
Interesting... You actually had to do a factory reset. I had lots of reboot issues but the simple card pull always did the trick

Hopefully ICS will fix these issues

Sent from my Awesome Rezound using Droid Forums

So this morning's charging had finished, I decided to reboot since its been a few days since I rebooted my phone (boooyyy did i regret restarting it)...

After I hit that restart button, came back 5 mins later to see the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" logo... I'm like "why is it still on this screen? its lagging!" so I sat down on the couch with the phone watching it boot up... it goes past the 4G LTE startup logo and is able to get to the dialer mode for about 15-20 seconds, then BAMM it reboots! Got me shocked! So I didnt do anything and just watched it again... went like that for 2 more times... in between I managed to disable the 'fast bootup'

Decided to pop on here and search a quick fix or known/related issues... I see some have pulled the batter, pulled the SIM, dialed the *#*#4636#*#*, or finally resorted to the factory reset. So I did all types of combinations and however way I did it (with AND without SIM) the phone info still read that my setting was still on WCDMA... not the EDVO/CDMA...
So perhaps that wasnt the problem for me? ...but why ELSE would it boot loop???

After a loss of 55% battery, I decided to do a factory reset.... so far so good
Definitely disabling the fast boot just as a precaution (since you all think its better)

Otherwise, this Rezound r0cks!
Stock n unrooted.... Chyyeaahhh

Sounds like what happened to me. But in my case, it wasn't this boot loop issue. Like you, I tried everything, but I couldn't even stay in the dialer long enough to enter the key combination, with or without the back cover. Turns out mine was actually from a corrupted app from a botched Titanium Backup restore. Still not sure which one, but I just did a FDR, and manually went through to choose apps to backup, avoiding anything that used root access, was related to Motorola, or just seemed sketchy...mostly I could only restore games and basic apps. Sure enough, no problems since, even with fastboot. So perhaps you installed a bad app or something on the SD card became corrupted...no clue, but I think you get the idea. But just be aware that the Rezound has its own boot loop issue that might not be directly related to yours, which could be a multitude of things. Good luck!

Boot Loop

Just had this problem and Verizon was going to send me a new phone. This fixed it and I was able to stop shipment of new phone. Chris

Last edited:
Maybe I will try one of these solutions before I send mine back too...if I can find it. The beauty and downside of having more than one phone to use is always having a phone....but then the phone having issues get lost in the shuffle. And I have no idea where my Rezound is at.

Mine is stock, not even rooted.

OK, I will try to explain this, as I had the problem and was a little confused by the instructions. My phone would boot up and when I unlocked it, it got a loading dialog box on the screen and then would restart again. I removed the sim card and was able to get to the dialer.

So dial *#*#4636#*#* and you will see the first screening come up.
Select "phone infomation" and scroll down a bit to set preferred network type and you will see the box that has CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. Mine had CDMA auto.

This is where it gets a little weird. The first time I dialed the code, I did not change anything and my bootloop ended.

Last edited:
thanks for the info guys! I did this little "fix" and it worked for me too. I did have to reboot without the sim card in order to get to that menu, but all seems good. will/can this change possibly change anything for the bad on our phones?

Back