ROM Help!! Why do some ROMS take away the boot charging screen

satinsilver

Reaction score
Ya know the one when the phones powered off that has a battery with a fluid animation. This is a useful feature that disappears after i flash my droid x with cyanogen mod. It's not the first ROM that's ever done this but I never understood why. I have my girls phone running CM7.1 on her Motorola Atrix and she still has the feature available. I really want to use it for a battery calibration. I'm so anal that I do them almost daily latley, but I really wanna let the phone charge while not running. Not to mention an over night trickle charge. I know that's probably pointless but I still want to do it. How can I get that back into boot? :)

Sorry for the double post but I figured I'd get a better response here.

ccsoccer03

Reaction score
The "powered off" charging screen is a part of Motorola Blur. Cyanogen is made to make use of every "not proprietary" file as possible, so its not actually even on the phone while you have any 2nd init roms. I'm not going to say its impossible to implement, as I'm sure there probably is a way. The 720p camcorder is not supported in the AOSP gingerbread, so we had to use proprietary files to fix it(gingerbread Kernel only at this point). Someone may eventually come along and fix the charging screen, but its unlikely that the "Official" cyanogenmod nightlies will feature it, at least for a while, just as the camera is right now.