Rooting and Rom's For Dummies.

Did you try a factory reset without root and then re-root and try again? There is something that is shooting you to stock recovery. Did you get bootstrapper from the market or Sid you download it online?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Growing interested in this. Video was perfect by the way so when I get home I may just do this. But after i do that just what else can I do. Just what are these ROMs I can put on. I just want he phone cleaner and simpler and less junk on it. Anything also to save battery and the internet wifi and tethering is a great thing too.

I guess I just need to search some videos on different roms or something.

The only one i saw was verizon (bootstrapper) I also am in no hurry for the ROM's thing, as I mainly did this for the wifi.. It's actualy pretty cool, my phone is rooted and exactly the same w/free wifi.. I am rather interested in that Rubix rom I saw though...

I looked and I downloaded "verizon tab bootstrap" ill bet that was the issue. I just uninstalled that o e and downloaded "Droid x bootstraper"

alrighty, droid x boot strapper works great!! NOW! I went to download darkslide rom in the same fashios you (JSW" flashed your current liberty to rubix) and it did not work, said "failed" so I went back a screan and selected reboot and my phone is like it was the day I first got it, I even had to log in with my gmail?!!? I'm kinda freaking out! How can I get it back to the way it was before, I'mo.k. with out different roms for now, lol.....

Alright, this isn't so tou, kinda all makes sense.. I'm back to pre attempted flash.. I will try more tomorrow.. This is kinda addicting,lol....

Alrighty, So!! I'm rooted, running the dark slide ROM, LOVE it!! This is so cool!!! Heres my next thing, how can I save my entire setup here on Dark Slide adn flash back to my Original set up, Or flash over to a NEW rom?Q? Will I be able to save multiple ROMS how I have them set up and just flash over as I please?! This thread is not only great at helping me (Thank you to everyone again btw) BUT should shed some light on MANY others in my same situation!!

Buy Titanium Backup pro (you have to dl the free version first) that will allow you to back up everything. Read the guide I posted if you havent already and also

HomePage : Titanium Backup - Wiki

Thats the wiki for titanium backup.

I (and others) suggest making external copies of all your saved backups in case you lose the ones on the sd somehow.

Titanium lets you save multiple set ups, as far as switching back and forth you probably could but alot of roms make you do a clean install so it can get kinda involving to re flash alot. But im sure that people do it.

Back