rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

So 2.0.1 doesnt have the blur apps?
No 1.8 is the same rom but it has blur so its not the same blur slows you down a bit plus without the blur you have more control over what you want not what they want

Wait so r u saying liberty has just as much blur as rubix?

Wait so r u saying liberty has just as much blur as rubix?

Liberty and rubiX Focused both have the same amount of blur.

Actually, I think liberty 1.5 kejar removed some more stuff in framework, but honestly, Focused 1.9.7, 2.0, 2.0.1, Liberty 1.0, GummyJAR 2.5 have more than enough removed without making the rom from AOSP. Fission contains more blur than all of these.

The point is to remove as much as possible in focused.. Honestly, it's been done. I heard of issues with Liberty 1.5 when it was first released. For the work that Kejar is putting himself through, he'd be better off building the whole thing from source instead.

Drod,

First, as usual absolutely incredible ROM. I've been with you since 1.8.6 and I'm still loving it. I never even jumped ship to liberty.

I just got 2.0.1 installed today so far it is feeling as snappy as usual.

I did have a little trouble getting the Rubix QC app to work properly so I just bought the full version and now smooth sailing with ULV at 1.4, can't wait to see the batter life.

Question: Since at least 1.8.6 there has been an issue with screen brightness. It seems no matter what I set it on, it uses Autobrightness. If I manually go in an slide it up and back down again the screen stays darker for a while, but eventually goes back to a much brighter level even though the slider says it's on the lowest.

Any chance this could get fixed?

This will by no means make me stop using the ROM, I still love it, it's only a minor inconvenience, I still appreciate all your hard work.

Anyway thanks again

Drod,

First, as usual absolutely incredible ROM. I've been with you since 1.8.6 and I'm still loving it. I never even jumped ship to liberty.

I just got 2.0.1 installed today so far it is feeling as snappy as usual.

I did have a little trouble getting the Rubix QC app to work properly so I just bought the full version and now smooth sailing with ULV at 1.4, can't wait to see the batter life.

Question: Since at least 1.8.6 there has been an issue with screen brightness. It seems no matter what I set it on, it uses Autobrightness. If I manually go in an slide it up and back down again the screen stays darker for a while, but eventually goes back to a much brighter level even though the slider says it's on the lowest.

Any chance this could get fixed?

This will by no means make me stop using the ROM, I still love it, it's only a minor inconvenience, I still appreciate all your hard work.

Anyway thanks again

I've heard this before.. I'll see if I can find the culprit.

Not sure if it would help, but if you can get an adb logcat when it happens, and PM it to me, that might help pinpoint it.

I've heard this before.. I'll see if I can find the culprit.

Not sure if it would help, but if you can get an adb logcat when it happens, and PM it to me, that might help pinpoint it.

Great thanks!

I tried to grab the logcat for you, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

I tried the top to apps I could find for this, but neither of them worked: adb logcat - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

I know this is amateur stuff, but I'm not a dev, just a happy user.

If you can tell me what to do I will.

Thanks again

First off, this is an amazing rom so I want to thank Drod for the work he put into it. I noticed that when using a security lock pattern even if I purposely use the wrong one, I could still get into my phone. Based on a suggestion in this thread, I tried to wipe the cache for the Rubix parts and it didn't give me an option to wipe, just to uninstall it.

After reading about past versions of Rubix, I wanted to know if the Auto Brightness option in 2.0.1 had the same hack as older rom versions to reduce battery consumption when this is selected.

Lastly, one poster asked a really good question that no one addressed. I can't recall his username but he asked when and why someone would want to remove the throttling hack for this rom? On the first page it provided the link to remove it but there was no direction anywhere that I saw that we should definitely remove it. Thanks again.

As for Data Throttling, My understanding of data throttling is that the carrier networt (VZW) will throttle down our download speeds once we hit a certain amount of data usage. So what this zip does is alter our services.jar to work around this. So once this zip is applied we will still download at regular speeds no matter how much data we use. Really there is not a necessity to remove this, I only do it cause I download a lot of stuff. Once again this is just my understanding so please correct me if im wrong. Hope it helps. The install is quite simple for this zip : reboot into clockwork/mount system/install zip/ choose zip/ find directory you placed zip/ install/ reboot/ enjoy. The initial reboot will take a few minutes longer than normal.
First off, this is an amazing rom so I want to thank Drod for the work he put into it. I noticed that when using a security lock pattern even if I purposely use the wrong one, I could still get into my phone. Based on a suggestion in this thread, I tried to wipe the cache for the Rubix parts and it didn't give me an option to wipe, just to uninstall it.

After reading about past versions of Rubix, I wanted to know if the Auto Brightness option in 2.0.1 had the same hack as older rom versions to reduce battery consumption when this is selected.

Lastly, one poster asked a really good question that no one addressed. I can't recall his username but he asked when and why someone would want to remove the throttling hack for this rom? On the first page it provided the link to remove it but there was no direction anywhere that I saw that we should definitely remove it. Thanks again.

Thanks for mentioning that. I had used the 'QuickClock Rubix Edition' to automatically detect settings and such, but shortly after noticed frequent reboots. So I manually turned off the overclocking.

Apparently though, I forgot to disable 'set at boot', and just disabled the quickclock. So, theoretically I should be back to stock clock settings?

I plan on just leaving it there... hope this solves my frequent reboot problem.

One time quickclock ran it's test and put me at like 1150...i was psyched..ran like that for 30 min and it rebooted.
Re-Ran quickclock and got my normal 1056 and it didn't reboot after that.
maybe that happened to you too?
Mine was @ 1265!!! No wonder I was having problems, eh?

So if I re-run it, it should be able to pick up a more stable value?

yup. re-run it and see if it gets lower...
if not and you are still getting reboots you can just manually tweak it down a little and see if it stabilizes

Back