[Rumor] Google no longer supports vzw Nexus

Aosp = android open source project... a fully aosp rom is built from the source that Google I believe provides.. once u r on an aosp rom your phone essentially has a new system app for everything from the phone to user interface.. this allows major customization and unlimited ideas to be implemented.. its a beautiful thing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

There was a reason I put "rumor" in the title. I saw the story and asked around about it. But until we got 100% facts or it all out wanted to post to get feedback and allow a place to discuss since I know others saw or either would see it. Now I will admit when I saw the story I had questions and honestly still have questions. But like I said time will reveal all and we eventually will get more truth. If you have a nexus you should not abandon it yet because vzw has a good track record for updates compared to other carriers. Plus as long as you are unlocked you will be able to get all sorts of goodies. Looking into it, it just seems that aosp roms from google will be for the devices they have listed because of the phone.apk but I am sure devs can figure out how to make that happen for people with the nexus on lte devices. They been doing it up until now and they did not just forget now because of the news. So nexus users Rom on :hail:.

even if it is true, i'm not going screaming into the night :D

Aosp = android open source project... a fully aosp rom is built from the source that Google I believe provides.. once u r on an aosp rom your phone essentially has a new system app for everything from the phone to user interface.. this allows major customization and unlimited ideas to be implemented.. its a beautiful thing

So since I don't root and got the nexus mainly to get pure Google, ics, and first in line update, I suppose this whole fiasco doesn't affect me

So since I don't root and got the nexus mainly to get pure Google, ics, and first in line update, I suppose this whole fiasco doesn't affect me

It doesn't affect anyone honestly. They just adjusted the text on their site to represent their feelings of what had been occurring in terms compatibility.

Stage 2? As in LTE-Advanced? Try 5-7 years...

Unless you mean voice over lte. I'm confused.

Next version of LTE is going to include Equipment Identification Registry.. its designed to seek and blacklist custom unlocked, rooted, romd phones. This has been talked about in the past already. Its marketed as a device that can kill off stolen phones and such. Estimated at a year out or so before we see much of it

I have a Nexus on its way from Verizon. Given all the recent events, rumor or not, would you guys return it and get a different phone if you were me? Or do you think I should keep it?

Upgrading from a Droid Inc

I have a Nexus on its way from Verizon. Given all the recent events, rumor or not, would you guys return it and get a different phone if you were me? Or do you think I should keep it?

Keep it 100%.

Do you like the aspects of the phone? The screen, camera, os, etc....whatever is important to you on a device? If not find something that meets your needs more. If it does this shouldn't change your opinion.

I would keep an eye out though. If it ever becomes fact that Samsung is responsible for updates run for the hills, or if you have radio(data connection) problems I would return it. Samsung made us wait 8 months for a froyo update after my droid 1 got it. Radio and gps are bad in about 5 out of 10 Samsungs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think Google ever supported vzw Nexus, considering the Nexus S is already on 4.0.4...

The Nexus S isn't officially on 4.04, you can use the leaked 4.04 just like you can with the LTE Nexus.

Nothing is officially running 4.04.

Do you like the aspects of the phone? The screen, camera, os, etc....whatever is important to you on a device? If not find something that meets your needs more. If it does this shouldn't change your opinion.

I would keep an eye out though. If it ever becomes fact that Samsung is responsible for updates run for the hills, or if you have radio(data connection) problems I would return it. Samsung made us wait 8 months for a froyo update after my droid 1 got it. Radio and gps are bad in about 5 out of 10 Samsungs.

proof of the updates an the frequency of the radios an GPS going out?

IMO the nexus and Maxx are equally good phones, but for different reasons. Decide which phone's strengths suit you better

proof of the updates an the frequency of the radios an GPS going out?

I don't own a GNex I don't know anything first hand on that device.

I am just talking about the 2 fascinates, 2 captivates and 1 droid charge we have owned. Radio connection was very week on all. GPS navigation took like 30 secs to lock if it ever did. The proof that the update took 8 months for fascinate I experienced 1st hand, but it does seem like Samsung is getting better with certain phones.

My opinion is low on Samsung, but its just one opinion and it may not really matter. Just sharing my first hand experience. I have never owned a Samsung that is of the caliber of a nexus.

I honestly don't think Google ever supported vzw Nexus, considering the Nexus S is already on 4.0.4...

I thought the S hadn't even got 4.0 officially yet? I thought it was just roms and such that make it that way... if the S has 4.0.4offical already then that makes me kinda mad

No, I would not. This is NOT a reason to pass on the Nexus. These rumors are greatly exaggerating the situation. If you want a nexus type device, the Galaxy nexus is as good as it will get on Verizon in the foreseeable future.

Back