[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy Nexus Likely Available "pretty much everywhere" November 21

People shop on Black Friday. If I don't have a sense for the Nexus release, I am probably going to pick-up the RAZR - maybe not Friday specifically, but some time next week. That's when a lot of people do their shopping, and buying gifts. People are off work and have time and probably a good number of people sitting on upgrades who will use the time to pick-up a new phone (like myself).

The average or typical user is not going to care or know to return a RAZR for a Nexus after unwrapping on Christmas. Lots of phone will be sold next weekend and if the Nexus isn't in the mix it will lose a lot of sales.

I just don't see a several hundred dollar cell phone being high on the xmas shopping list, (at least not in this economy) maybe a flat screen, PC, or a tablet, but not so much a phone.

I 100% agree that the longer they wait to put the phone out is money they are losing to other phones being sold but as far as losing hundreds of thousands in lost sales because of launching after Black Friday, not happening.

I spoke with the cell phone person (3ed party) at Sams club today, she recommended against me picking up a Razr today, because the GNex is coming out "real soon". I couldn't get her to elaborate, other than they had a meeting with the VZW rep yesterday afternoon... So, add me to the list of people who know nothing definitive, but decided to post in a thread! :icon_ banana:

I spoke with the cell phone person (3ed party) at Sams club today, she recommended against me picking up a Razr today, because the GNex is coming out "real soon". I couldn't get her to elaborate, other than they had a meeting with the VZW rep yesterday afternoon... So, add me to the list of people who know nothing definitive, but decided to post in a thread! :icon_ banana:

LOL...now that's funny!

If you are in the distribution range of Great Lakes Brewery, nothing will make you time travel quite like a bit of Christmas Ale.

I picked up two CASES at Giant Eagle last week, one will go over this weekend to help me get through the wait...

This is NOT typical sales staff behavior. She should have sold you the Razr, Then, sold you the Nexus. Two sales in the pocket! Maybe something
is afoot?

I picked up two CASES at Giant Eagle last week, one will go over this weekend to help me get through the wait...

This will be my helpful crutch getting me through the wait! :)

bgzr7c.jpg

NP, sorry if I came off sounding a little harsh. I don't think anyone has read the original article. I really like these forums and use them almost exclusively for my Android news, but some of the thread titles they post here can seem a little misleading. Then again, I could be completely wrong and maybe Google was referring to the whole world, but I somehow doubt that.
No,u wasnt harsh and like u,I come 2 this site 2 find out the lastest news,so its all good.

I just want to have a phone to play with over the Thanksgiving holiday. Got all that free time to set things up and test. But I'm pretty much leaning toward the Nexus and don't want to pay a re-stock fee, however I also really need a new phone.
Im with you on this one kodiak799,this would be an awesome time for all of us to get to know our phone better with some good food

If Verizon announce this phone well in advance it will hurt the sales of existing phones that are out such as RAZR and Rezound by less informed buyers. They will launch the GNex with little to no notice and once they feel like the RAZR and Rezound have reached certain number of sales they will launch the GNex marketing. I am pretty sure that we here will be able to buy it before most people would be even aware it exists. Verizon might save the GNex Marketing dollars for Christmas and not Black Friday. I'm that the reason they are skipping black Friday is to offer discounts on existing phones and not a new one that so many people are waiting for anyway.

If Verizon announce this phone well in advance it will hurt the sales of existing phones that are out such as RAZR and Rezound by less informed buyers. They will launch the GNex with little to no notice and once they feel like the RAZR and Rezound have reached certain number of sales they will launch the GNex marketing. I am pretty sure that we here will be able to buy it before most people would be even aware it exists. Verizon might save the GNex Marketing dollars for Christmas and not Black Friday. I'm that the reason they are skipping black Friday is to offer discounts on existing phones and not a new one that so many people are waiting for anyway.
After readin what i just read in the-HOT OFF THE RUMOR MILL thread-Dec 8 is now the date,so what ur sayin diff makes senes from a sales point of view.

I just got back from our local Verizon. I'm in a bad way, my OD is about on it's last leg. I have to literally pound on it to get it to respond and a lot of time it freezes when I get a phone call. They denied knowing anything about the Nexus and said they hadn't even had training. They also denied knowing anything about Verizon extending return. Is that a web only thing?

I just got back from our local Verizon. I'm in a bad way, my OD is about on it's last leg. I have to literally pound on it to get it to respond and a lot of time it freezes when I get a phone call. They denied knowing anything about the Nexus and said they hadn't even had training. They also denied knowing anything about Verizon extending return. Is that a web only thing?

You should SBF back to stock... it helped my d1 for a bit...

Back