Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) Overclocked To A New 1.6Ghz Speed

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

When your phones speed is just not enough, don't be scared to bring it to a new max. That is the latest philosophy behind many overclocking projects these days, except here where the 1Ghz, in my experience, is just good enough where you don't need to over clock for a good experience. Well not everyone thinks like I do, and that is why we have this latest news from our buddies at XDA, where a team of hackers have managed to get the Vibrant to a speed of 1.6 Ghz and a quadrant score of 3196. This speed is also accompanied with a frame rate max of 89.2, which means movies cannot be any smoother and game play is just the best.

The speed you will get out of the processor is the same speed you will experience when your battery dies. I cannot say that I would want this sort of thing for my device, but again, I like it just the way it is.

The Fascinate should also get this soon, unless you can use the same software/hack the Vibrant used... If you can, then go for it :)

Get the full details

in my experience the speeds kind of just blend together when you hit the 900~ mark, thats why i keep mine around 800., cause it conserves battery and still gives me optimal speed.

Is it worth going over the 1.3GHz mark if your battery starts to die extremely fast? That's the real question.

Ulv kernals... that's why the d1 runs at 1.25 ghz and has better batterylife. Overclocking doesn't mean you always have to send more voltage to processor to make it run faster.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Ulv kernals... that's why the d1 runs at 1.25 ghz and has better batterylife. Overclocking doesn't mean you always have to send more voltage to processor to make it run faster.

Well... sometimes it does... lol. ;)

Its not actually running at 1.6 ghz. If you read the bottom it'll explain the problem

Nuh uh, no it doesn't :p

Not always, but that doesnt mean the processor will perform at that speed with the supplied voltage or not. So your both right, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.

Meh, just overkill, the human eye isn't even capable of seeing anything over 40 fps, quadrant numbers are insane though

I agree with the writer. At 1Ghz, I'm very happy. Unless future Android updates benefit greatly from increased speeds, I'll stay at 1Ghz and a good battery life.

Nuh uh, no it doesn't :p
It does require that sometimes. If you have too low a voltage for a given clock speed, the phone will become sluggish - if the voltage is even lower, it will hang and become pretty unusable.

Ocing my 550mhz droid made since. Ocing my 1ghz fascinate does not imo because its PLENTY fast as is why lose battery life for benchmark scores?

what happened to this guy (wenWM)?

he hasnt written an article in a month

Anything worth doing is worth over doing!!!

Don't be a wuss. If you are concerned about battery life, just carry a few spares or have chargers with you night and day!

Plus, I'm watching Pitt and Cincinnati playing football in the snow. Think of all the body parts you could keep warm with thing running at 1.6 !!! :icon_ banana:

Back