screen wont rotate

Let me make sure I understand this: You are saying I faked a photo to show that a photo can be faked of a photo that you say is real? I am guessing you also think the moon landing was faked and 9-11 was setup by the government. Take the photo yourself, it is real easy. I am done with this discussion as it is now serving no usefull purpose. I will be back when I see video proof.

Let me make sure I understand this: You are saying I faked a photo to show that a photo can be faked of a photo that you say is real? I am guessing you also think the moon landing was faked and 9-11 was setup by the government. Take the photo yourself, it is real easy. I am done with this discussion as it is now serving no usefull purpose. I will be back when I see video proof.
lmao dont cry lil guy...no reason to get ur panties in a bunch...anyways...but anyways i know what i saw and so do other ppl..i doubt u will find a video (check the date this thread started) dude this **** was when the droid barely came out...

Last edited:
The reason people dont' post a video is because they don't notice the damn thing until it stops working. THEN, they go and find out what the deal is on the internet. And then, too late for a video. I'd make one for ya if I had known about it. My girlfriend's Droid just stopped doin it after she dropped it a foot, and it rebooted. Then it stopped rotating. Until then, the homescreen would autorotate, and so would the lock screen. You can pretend that all of us are going insane, or you can just admit that you're being a stubborn jerk about it.
And yes, your denial bothers me enough to register on this forum just to post.

The reason people dont' post a video is because they don't notice the damn thing until it stops working. THEN, they go and find out what the deal is on the internet. And then, too late for a video. I'd make one for ya if I had known about it. My girlfriend's Droid just stopped doin it after she dropped it a foot, and it rebooted. Then it stopped rotating. Until then, the homescreen would autorotate, and so would the lock screen. You can pretend that all of us are going insane, or you can just admit that you're being a stubborn jerk about it.
And yes, your denial bothers me enough to register on this forum just to post.
exactly =]...i find it funny that u just registered for this lol...let me guess you went online and searched for answers and it brought you here lol

exactly =]...i find it funny that u just registered for this lol...let me guess you went online and searched for answers and it brought you here lol
That's exactly what happened. GF went and found the motorola post cause she didn't beleive me...heh. We were both like "WTH is wrong? did we break it??"

Same deal, no rotation of the homescreen anymore. However, my co-worker was showing me that the droid reacts with a magnet and will rotate to landscape with a magnet behind it! So you can't tell me it doesn't rotate. I'll try and take video tomorrow and post it up.

I'm using Helix now but the lock page still doesn't rotate and neither does contacts.

Same deal, no rotation of the homescreen anymore. However, my co-worker was showing me that the droid reacts with a magnet and will rotate to landscape with a magnet behind it! So you can't tell me it doesn't rotate. I'll try and take video tomorrow and post it up.

I'm using Helix now but the lock page still doesn't rotate and neither does contacts.

I've been reading thru this thread and of course have the same problem, my droid is only 3 days old and after a slight drop this afternoon the home screen wouldn't rotate. After reading the last post found out that it reacts to a magnet so I came across a very small/thin magnet that I removed from an old blackberry holster (used to put BB's to sleep while in holster) and placed it on the back of my new droid and it enters 'car dock mode', which will rotate the home screen like it did when I got it. I was able to place the magnet in between the droid and the case and it works like it used to, but just have a 'connected to car dock' icon in the notifications. Odd how it works with the magnet there but not without, not sure if I want to take it back and get a new one. Any other ideas out there?

Last edited:
I got my Droid 2 days ago and I'm pretty sure it never autorotated the home screen, but I'm having problems with my apps and my browser not rotating. I too have to open the keyboard, but when I close it phone goes back to portrait.

I got my Droid 2 days ago and I'm pretty sure it never autorotated the home screen, but I'm having problems with my apps and my browser not rotating. I too have to open the keyboard, but when I close it phone goes back to portrait.

Your problem sounds like you need to change the orientation, under 'Settings/Sound and Display/Orienation', hopefully it'll autorotate for you after that.

Tried and tried again, but unfortunately the same result

Tried and tried again, but unfortunately the same result

That's no good, only other thing is back up your settings and take it to the store and either swap it or hopefully they'll fix. I highly recommend bringing everything that came in the box back to them in case they do a swap all your info will correspond to their system.

OK, so I took it to the store. The girl says there is nothing they can do but give me a new one. However, I get back in my car and it now works. She must have dropped it in the back of the store and ta-da! Fully functional. But the home screen is still vertical.

Anyone that says it's not supposed to rotate is wrong, me and my daughter have the same phone, bought on the same day, all setting are the same. Mines rotates hers doesn't no more proof necessary

I noticed that on the homescreen that if I wanted to make it go landscape then I had to basically put the phone on a 90 degree or more angle( 0 degrees having the camera and sound level buttons pointed away from your body) to get the phone to recognize it was landscaped.

Anyone that says it's not supposed to rotate is wrong, me and my daughter have the same phone, bought on the same day, all setting are the same. Mines rotates hers doesn't no more proof necessary

:greendroid: Im sorry but you are all TRIPPIN. The phone DOES NOT auto-rotate to landscape from the home screen!!! The phone does go into landscape WITHOUT opening the keyboard if you exit an application you were in landscape mode IN.

Example: Browsing internet in portrait, then switch to landscape for a bigger browser screen. ---> Then exit out to home screen, and voila it WILL be in landscape and auto orient back to portrait if you move it.

However it never NEVER could auto orient to landscape from the home screen! Unless your running Ahome or launcher Pro or some other launcher that HAS THAT CAPABILITY.

I seriously cant believe you tech savvy people would be deceived by your own false memory's. Lol I'm not bashing I'm just surprised considering none of you thought about your launcher being able to do that or the their circumstances I mentioned. :greendroid:

Back