Should I get rid of my Bionic for the GNex?

I got a bug free Bionic and love it. I think the Nexus is sooooo much nicer tho. On superbowl Sunday I showed my buddy my phone (he has the Bionic) and man was he jealous.

I love the bionic. I wouldn't trade it for the nexus myself. I understand why some people would, but I think a lot of people don't like the bionic cause they must be in the "in crowd" and for some reason it's "cool" to rag on the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Not ragging on it. My girl lives hers and I don't mind playing with it. But the nexus is SO much smoother.

I had a bionic for 6 months worst phone I've ever owned to the point where I was thinking of leaving verizon (still upset with them on how they handled it) nexus so far is a way better phone has a free bugs but nothing like a bionic. I've had a Nexus for a week now

Sent from my galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yes,change quickly if you want a good phone.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using DroidForums

What about the Razr though? I hear amazing things about it, such as battery life

I didn't read the whole thread but do yourself a favour and wait for march...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

What's happening in March?

Edit: If you're talking about the Galaxy S3, the news is that they aren't revealing it in March after all :(

Yeah. Or better yet, wait until July. And then, when July comes around, wait until December. When December 2012 comes around, hold off a bit more until February 2013. I hear about this strange phenomenon where manufacturers now days always have something better in the pipe lines.

For the OP, you just have to decide what you are looking for. If you really like the flashing of ROMs and a large developer community, the GNex is the one to go with. That's not to say the RAZR or Rezound don't have devs, but the GNex is the dev phone much like the OG was - being a Nexus phone and all.

However, both the RZR and Rezound are great phones and shouldn't be discounted just for anything I mentioned above. You really have to get some hands on time and see which you like better. All 3 phones are fantastic.

As for battery, yes, the GNex stock battery dies quickly. But I hear the same for the other 4G phones too. The extended battery is a must if you are away from a charger most of the day.

The other major issue we are waiting on a fix for is the volume. Most have downloaded an app called "volume+" to boost the volume for all sounds as everything seems to default to a low volume. Supposedly, a fix is pending. The reception issue some people were having seems to be fixed with the latest radios from 4.0.4.

It has it's bugs just like any other new phone out there. Just browse the forums and read about the bugs on each device to help you decide which ones you can live with or not.

I have an opportunity to get rid of my Bionic and get the Galaxy Nexus. Is the phone as awesome as I want it to be? Should I go for it?
Yes, the phone is awesome. Yes, in your place I would prefer the Nexus to the Bionic.

The display alone would be worth it.

I got rid of my Bionic for a Rezound...GREAT IDEA.....Traded in the Rezound for a GNex....still wondering if that was the best idea....
I would prefer the Rezound too. But the Nexus is still a great phone. If the Nexus'd had an SD slot it would have been a lot harder to choose between them.

I love the bionic. I wouldn't trade it for the nexus myself. I understand why some people would, but I think a lot of people don't like the bionic cause they must be in the "in crowd" and for some reason it's "cool" to rag on the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums[/QUOTE

utter nonsense.

Back