Sirius/XM Satelite Radio app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a XM app for Android. A full on car radio replacement. Then I could stream it from the Droid to the car stereo, AND be able to listen to XM away from the car. I hate that I can only listen to XM in the car. Used to get it on the computer free but I'm I'm not paying extra every month for that. XM costs too much as it is.

Ha..I just called the other day to cancel my Sirius subscription as they wanted to charge me $160 for the upcoming year. As I was about to hang up they said "Would you be interested in keeping your current plan at a $77 rate"? I still said no thank you and finished ending the call. :mad:

I first got the $77 subscription when I was about to cancel 2 years ago. Last year I told them I wanted the $77 deal again, and got it. Didn't really come out and say I was going to cancel, said something along the lines of it's just too expensive, i think it's worth $77 to me but no more, and I got it. Mine just expired again, got an email that the service could be cut off any day now. Tomorrow I'll call them and offer THEM the same deal again. Give it to me for $77 and you have me for another year, any more than that and I'll let it go. I'd miss it a lot, but I refuse to pay $160 a year for it.

Nice to know about Orb. You'll still be paying the extra sub cost to get Sirius/XM on the computer though, right? I just can't pay them anymore than I currently am.

Nice to know about Orb. You'll still be paying the extra sub cost to get Sirius/XM on the computer though, right? I just can't pay them anymore than I currently am.

if you have an account with a sirius or xm radio it includes internet streaming.

they have an app for the iphone. only makes sense to make one for the android os.

if you have an account with a sirius or xm radio it includes internet streaming.

It used too. But not anymore.
XM Radio Online

$2.99 extra for most subscribers. Dont know what that means........

I already have been using a Pioneer Inno for XM service for a few years now, and it serves most of my Satellite radio needs on the road and on the boat, seeing as it's fully portable with it's own antenna. However, it doesn't work indoors (satellite mode). I would love to get my internet XM stream on my Droid for when I'm sitting in an airport or other places inside.

It used too. But not anymore.
XM Radio Online

$2.99 extra for most subscribers. Dont know what that means........

Yeah, hasn't the merger been just freakin AWESOME for us subscribers?? I recently logged onto my XM account to do some online listening, and found my online stream account deactivated! I haven't had a chance to re-activate it since my receiver is in the car. Guess I won't bother now.

Sirius stunk before, and now they've just gone and stunk up the entire Satellite Radio spectrum. :mad:

Last edited:
Rather not talk about it :(

It all went down hill when Lee Abrams left. His vision turned everything i ever knew about radio around. Im too young to remember when Beyonce and Lady Gaga didnt rule the airwaves.

The new company run by the same idiots that ruined regular radio makes me sick. Yet i pay for it. Huge O&A/R&F fan and NFL Network on the radio is pretty amazing. After that, MP3's. So sad. I was a huge fan before the merger. Thanks Howard and Mell.

the only reason i have it right now is because its free for 5 years with my new car.

i dont think i would actually pay for it. i used to years ago but i dont think i would now.

the only reason i have it right now is because its free for 5 years with my new car.

i dont think i would actually pay for it. i used to years ago but i dont think i would now.

heh me too free satelite ftw

As an XM subscriber, I feel the merger has had negative affects on "both" business units in the company. If I could find another way to listen to O&A live and replay I would drop them. There is a shoutcast station, i found on another thread, that does play them live but not the replay. The MLB app came out today, that's the only other reason I have XM. Bottom line price has gone up with no added services and customer service is horrible. They are always trying to sell you something, canceling a service is a pain. The reps will not usually deviate from their scripts. OK, I went off subject a bit but I do feel a little bit better. Bottom line we need an app fro the Droid, then I can cancel my 3 other subscriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back