Skype Calls Over 3G Hacked Already

When it calls for an update for the skype, should I download it, or not update?

You will lose the hacked version if you update from the Market. In other words the whole purpose of this version is to allow VoIP calls using 3G data, which the Market version of the App will not do, only WiFi.

Yes, the update from the market wil replace the hacked Skype file with itself, meaning no more 3G calling capability.

even if the one from the market is un installed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help guys, but I a going to stick with the original one. I don't use skype much on the cell phone, and I have wifi all over the place, so it works fine.

Thanks for all the help guys, but I a going to stick with the original one. I don't use skype much on the cell phone, and I have wifi all over the place, so it works fine.

there are two skype versions in the market...skype create by skype and skype for verizon. just install both. one allows 3g, the other allows wifi...just use the one that you need. this hack is unnecessary.

there are two skype versions in the market...skype create by skype and skype for verizon. just install both. one allows 3g, the other allows wifi...just use the one that you need. this hack is unnecessary.
Is the Skype version over WiFi? I assume this means you can talk to others on Skype while using the WiFi version and it will not count against your data plan?

Sorry - I'm a noob with this stuff :D

Is the Skype version over WiFi? I assume this means you can talk to others on Skype while using the WiFi version and it will not count against your data plan?

Sorry - I'm a noob with this stuff :D

i dont know if it uses data, i assume it does, but skype to skype doesn't use minutes...if i'm wrong someone please correct me :)

The Skype version in market states that it is Wifi only in the U.S. I haven't tried it to confirm whether the non-hacked version will allow 3G calls in US. Can you verify that it does?

The Skype version in market states that it is Wifi only in the U.S. I haven't tried it to confirm whether the non-hacked version will allow 3G calls in US. Can you verify that it does?

There are 2 skype apps in the market. one is called skype and it is made by skype. the other is skype by verizon. one allow wifi calling, the other 3g calling. install both and use them interchangeably.

There are 2 skype apps in the market. one is called skype and it is made by skype. the other is skype by verizon. one allow wifi calling, the other 3g calling. install both and use them interchangeably.

Quote from the market of the Skype application:

Free* Skype-to-Skype calls over 3G or WiFi
• Call landlines or mobile phones at great Skype rates
• Instant message one or many friends at the same time

- * Data plan or WiFi connection required (calling in U.S - WiFi only)

Still looks to me that Skype is saying that 3G calling is not available in the US.

Still looks to me that Skype is saying that 3G calling is not available in the US.

haha...i think i'm being pretty clear but maybe not...

There are 2, count them two...two..not one...skype apps in the market.

One app allows 3g, the other app allows wifi. There are two (2), not one, apps to download. Download both apps and use them interchangeably.

You have to download two different apps. Not one app. Search skype in the market. One app is called "Skype"...the other one is called "Skype for Verizon"...install BOTH :)

One app allows 3g, the other app allows wifi. There are two (2), not one, apps to download. Download both apps and use them interchangeably.

You have to download two different apps. Not one app. Search skype in the market. One app is called "Skype"...the other one is called "Skype for Verizon"...install BOTH :)

One last try to clear this up for me. I see both Skype apps in the market, Skype and Skype Mobile for Verizon.

On the Skype app (not for Verizon), is says in the description, (calling in U.S - WiFi only). This is where my confusion is coming from - based on the market description I would conclude that 3G calling is unavailable in the US.

Thanks

One last try to clear this up for me. I see both Skype apps in the market, Skype and Skype Mobile for Verizon.

On the Skype app (not for Verizon), is says in the description, (calling in U.S - WiFi only). This is where my confusion is coming from - based on the market description I would conclude that 3G calling is unavailable in the US.

Thanks

Right...through the official skype app (not from verizon) it only works through wifi...however, through the skype from verizon it works through 3g...

Does anyone have a alternate way to get their hands on (download) this file?

My computer at work won't let me access the website to download the file.

Thanks,

Troutbeck27

Back