Smartass and interactive governors on D2G

Edit: I checked the option for the experimental kernel patch and it started clocking like I selected. The kernel runs in the top 4 slots. The fifth is going to be your lowest setting and will stay at 300. Better to create a stable preset with tweaked slots on the upper 4 to make use of the permanent step,

Sent from a D2G Dark Angel

Where was this patch? I didnt see it myself.

As for the slots, could you specify which slot will not change? I mean what number the slot is according to Droid OC?

..wow, i shoulda got an htc i guess lol...Ok, im more of a 'make love, not war' kinda guy, so you win4x4, u r undoubtedly the most educated man in the world and never wrong, I am nothing but wrong w everything I do...there...all better...I hope.id rather get on the forums to learn, not defend myself and have it turned on me ...the phones r the same, or similar, whatever you wana call it... happy? ..I didn't join this forum to be patronized or belittled, the reasoning was to learn, so im all ears when it comes to me being wrong, which happens alot...I've only done this stuff for a few months, and am too busy w my business to give android moddingthe attention I would like to... ..but, when im wrong, I just want to know what, or how, I came upon the err of my ways... ...but, I've read somewhere(can't remember the thread) but it said the 300 slot doesn't change... ..so would that mean if you ulv ur phone and have a slot set@ 250 would that mess w the phone and have slot 1:300 slot 2:250 slot 3:etc.. ? ..because that could very well have been the issue w my droid overclock... ...with setcpu I made a txtfile and put it on the sd card adding another frequency for the app to pick up and adjust when scaling, but, im not sure...it didn't seem to make any difference besides making my battery extreamly hot... ...so tell me what im doing wrong, I wana know how to fix it...and to make all of this right.. community of people should be there for helping, not bickering, sorry I started it by posting, but I thought that's what was to be done.

Well.. Hopefully everyone is done fighting. Anyway, you shouldn't set any values below 300, it won't work well with those apps until they add compatability for a 5th slot. If you'd like to know what I did, I used Quickclock to calibrate my phone. Of course, I don't quite trust it's settings, so I tweaked them to the safer side a bit, buffered them some, exported them to Droid Overclock, and applied the settings there in the advanced settings. Also, for anyone that's interested, I've been running the smartass governor for about a day now. It seems to run a bit more responsively, although my battery runs slightly warmer when in use. But I haven't really noticed a change in battery life, and looking in SetCPU in the info section it looks to spend a lot more time at 300 then it used to.

In settings, choose the experimental kernel....one is the original at 1.2t, the other is 1.4 something. When doc came out, the 1.4 was for droid x....so it makes sense that it would work with d2g. The slot 1 on droid oc when you open the side panel stays at 300. The voltages read way off though even with custom settings for me.

Edit: slots 2-5 are what get effected with doc. So if you put in 550 800 10500 12000 then 300 is your first step due to no change.

Last edited:
..wow, i shoulda got an htc i guess lol...Ok, im more of a 'make love, not war' kinda guy, so you win4x4, u r undoubtedly the most educated man in the world and never wrong, I am nothing but wrong w everything I do...there...all better...I hope.id rather get on the forums to learn, not defend myself and have it turned on me ...the phones r the same, or similar, whatever you wana call it... happy? ..I didn't join this forum to be patronized or belittled, the reasoning was to learn, so im all ears when it comes to me being wrong, which happens alot...I've only done this stuff for a few months, and am too busy w my business to give android moddingthe attention I would like to... ..but, when im wrong, I just want to know what, or how, I came upon the err of my ways

LMAO make love not war but yet you make smart remarks like "u r undoubtedly the most educated man in the world and never wrong." Can you not see the irony in your own comments?

Now if you can truly quit belly aching and put the personal comments aside for good, I am genuinely curious how you would like me, or any one for that matter, how we could have told you the errors based on "they messed up my phone?" You were referring to multiple apps and they all accomplish the same thing but have different ways of achieving it. Like Milestone, for example, requiers you to load module, and drag the slider to one of 4 options, the last being custom. Say you choose custom, and entered values here. How can we help if we dont know the values you put in here?

Also, I was trying to have a mature discussion and understand exactly why you say the phones are so different? I am genuinely curious. If I am wrong I would hope some one would correct me so that I do not further spread misinformation.

Well.. Hopefully everyone is done fighting. Anyway, you shouldn't set any values below 300, it won't work well with those apps until they add compatability for a 5th slot. If you'd like to know what I did, I used Quickclock to calibrate my phone. Of course, I don't quite trust it's settings, so I tweaked them to the safer side a bit, buffered them some, exported them to Droid Overclock, and applied the settings there in the advanced settings. Also, for anyone that's interested, I've been running the smartass governor for about a day now. It seems to run a bit more responsively, although my battery runs slightly warmer when in use. But I haven't really noticed a change in battery life, and looking in SetCPU in the info section it looks to spend a lot more time at 300 then it used to.
Interesting information. I guess by importing in to droic clock you mean you entered everything manually?

Oh and sorry chris got so bent out of shape over something so stupid, and we jacked the thread. I thought you were done, and I simply felt that I should point out to people reading this thread for information there is no reason that the apps should mess up your phone unless you have no idea what your doing.

In settings, choose the experimental kernel....one is the original at 1.2t, the other is 1.4 something. When doc came out, the 1.4 was for droid x....so it makes sense that it would work with d2g. The slot 1 on droid oc when you open the side panel stays at 300. The voltages read way off though even with custom settings for me.

Edit: slots 2-5 are what get effected with doc. So if you put in 550 800 10500 12000 then 300 is your first step due to no change.

Do you mean the "Scaling Frequency Preset? I can not find anything about kernels.

Last edited:
I apologize. It's menu>settings>module....not kernel. Should say use latest module.

4x4, I can be a smartass, I know,..and if irony were made of strawberries, we would all be having fruit smoothies for a month... and again, I really AM sorry about that(text doesn't show emotion as well as being in a face to face conversation), but, regardless, I got over zealous w my defense...I gota have a big brick wall to defend myself and make my superiority known when im dealing w the snot-nosed-kids that work for me...I shouldn't bring that persona here, again, sorry, now to the fun-phone-stuff.(i always use my phone and i hate scrolling back up...marijuana makes things slip my mind so ima try to recall best i can)...droid overclock wasnt what i did the custom txt file w frequencies, it was setcpu, it has an option to load a custom list...in a thread i read the guy suggested using setcpu and milestone in tandem with each other, by loading the custom frequency list onto setcpu and then loading milestone and sliding it over to custom, all I did on the txt file was add one more frequency being 1.4(not literallyy 1.4, it was 1400000), saved it to root of sd card and it loaded fine...when I say it 'jacked my phone up' I use that loosely, and basicly meant that it simply slowed down my phone and made it start sweating like a hooker in church(figuratively speaking)...after which, I tried using each app han-solo style, and it left me with the same results, sluggishness and a tendency of random overheating, even when not in use... ...I also used quickclock, but, I never got far with this app, it always threw me an error message saying it can't unload the current module(the one that comes stock on the global), and after trying a few times I just threw in the towel on that one... ..if anything, I would want droid overclock on my phone as my oc app, just because it was solid on my d2 and I fell in love w it...but, then I got this global...god I hate this phone... ..I think that covers it, but..I,again, could be wrong

Your problem is 1.4....not all phones hit the perfect mark. Set 1.35 max and it will usually work fine. Sweet spot for most droid 2/x and ms2...higher puts the cpu in protect mode...

I selected use most current module and am on interactive governor ocd to 1.35mhz. Its seems to be working great. Super responsive and no lag, some of the problems I encountered before with droid 2 overclock. And it shows 1.35 in the 5th slot. Two profiles, screen on and off. Battery hasn't got above 26 degrees C. I will see how it acts today while at work, as far as overheating and batt life change.

my ANGEL blacked out at 1.35 Ghz

Hottie, I always heard quadrant scores are useless, why, I am not sure, havnt read up on it in detail, but several people have said this to me...maybe someone can shed some light?

marijuana makes things slip my mind so ima try to recall best i can)...droid overclock wasnt what i did the custom txt file w frequencies, it was setcpu, it has an option to load a custom list...in a thread i read the guy suggested using setcpu and milestone in tandem with each other, by loading the custom frequency list onto setcpu and then loading milestone and sliding it over to custom, all I did on the txt file was add one more frequency being 1.4(not literallyy 1.4, it was 1400000), saved it to root of sd card and it loaded fine...when I say it 'jacked my phone up' I use that loosely, and basicly meant that it simply slowed down my phone and made it start sweating like a hooker in church(figuratively speaking)...after which, I tried using each app han-solo style, and it left me with the same results, sluggishness and a tendency of random overheating, even when not in use... ...I also used quickclock, but, I never got far with this app, it always threw me an error message saying it can't unload the current module(the one that comes stock on the global), and after trying a few times I just threw in the towel on that one... ..if anything, I would want droid overclock on my phone as my oc app, just because it was solid on my d2 and I fell in love w it...but, then I got this global...god I hate this phone... ..I think that covers it, but..I,again, could be wrong
I dont even smoke any more and I forget what I did the day before.:p No hard feelings.

Ok now I am not an expert on overclocking, far from it, but those results are quite odd. I honestly cant say much more then that, but will elaborate on my Droid OC App experience latter on. I know that when using setcpu and milestone, I saw no signs of sluggishness.

I seem to recall, now that you mention it a guide about importing profiles in to setcpu and using it with Milestone. Might try to dig it up and see what I can come up with on all that.

I selected use most current module and am on interactive governor ocd to 1.35mhz. Its seems to be working great. Super responsive and no lag, some of the problems I encountered before with droid 2 overclock. And it shows 1.35 in the 5th slot. Two profiles, screen on and off. Battery hasn't got above 26 degrees C. I will see how it acts today while at work, as far as overheating and batt life change.

my ANGEL blacked out at 1.35 Ghz
1.35 shouldnt make a huge impact on battery. Will you notice it? Probably a slight bit but nothing major. Will it perform better? Your quadrant scores might pick up a little, but in all honesty you probably wont see much performance just by the eye alone. Any performance increase you see is likley a placebo imo. Your mind playing tricks on you, but maybe I could be wrong. At the stock speed, I see havent noticed lag or anything.

Hottie, I always heard quadrant scores are useless, why, I am not sure, havnt read up on it in detail, but several people have said this to me...maybe someone can shed some light?
There not useless, well not completely, but there not 100% relevant either. It is a benchmark tool, as you know, and the problem with a benchmark is it doesnt always reflect real world performance.

Ok now on to my results from Droid Overclock, I did use the newer module. I didnt try any OCing itself, I just played with profiles for now. The only profile I set was Screen Off = 300 Mhz with a conservative governor. Problem I saw was that occasionally when I wouldnt use my phone for awhile, and then started using it, I saw bad lag. Almost unusable. When I would check Droid Overclock I noticed my scaling was set at 300 max and min. Might play with profiles a bit more, and some over clocking.

So guys, do you know if there is any way to set a bias in SetCPU to undervolt the CPU by a few VSEL? I want to undervolt a bit without losing my five slots.

Back