So tell me, how is your froyo 2.2 experience?

Anyone notice when rebooting you get stuck on the moto logo but the phone boots up? Twice I rebooted and this happened and both times I had to do a battery pull and that did the trick. Any way to fix this?

This has happened to me a few times and also a friend of mine. I've also had the music app cause the screen to freeze when changing orientation and the only way to shut down was to do a battery pull. I've had problems with not being able to play videos that I've recorded in 2.1. Those recorded now play fine.

May try doing a fresh SBF and root again to see if it corrects anything.

So far so good. Haven't had any major issues so far and all the apps that I use are working perfect. Just waiting on a good theme for this and I will be set to go.

so far so good had it freeze a couple of times had to pull battery out. I know flash player 10.1 is included seeing it in the apps running tab in settings. my browser just keeps shutting down. If I want I can spf back to the original state right.

Well, I have noticed 1 time today my phone just rebooted, after searching for something in Maps. I went on a road trip today, so I tried out a lot more on the phone, Navigate, Pandora, Music Player ect... All seemed to run smooth, and much faster than 2.1 (in my opinion). The camera and video cam both worked great, texting with handcent still no problems. WiFi Tethering worked. The phone still has an issue with TiKL as far as loosing connection with network, I think it occurs when you switch from 3g to wifi and back, but was doing this before the update. I was banking on it was a problem with the Droid X, and would be fixed. I did notice that my phone doesn't show both a wifi AND 3g connection at the same time anymore, like it did with 2.1 I hope that was corrected because it would fight over what it would use... slowing down the network either way.

I still love 2.2 but I don't know why if you double hit the . key it doesn't make a , like it did in 2.1 on the X. I got to use to it.

all in all :rating09:

I think I have worked out the few bugs that I had. Mainly the Market would not show all apps. The Flash 10.1 that comes already installed is awesome. I downloaded the Live TV app and its great along with other Flash features. Almost everything is a bit snappier also. I also believe the speaker is just a little louder. Dunno if it is a placibo or not but now can watch and hear movies without headphones.

After doing some editing on the build.prop file (per birdmann's advice), my quadrant scores are around 2100. Everything is much snappier and the final version of flash is so much better than all the betas I used to run on the Droid.

Did you remove bloatware or something similar? I'm getting 2016 (with bloatware)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Be careful, that edit will cause you to not be able to play back the videos that your recorded on your Droid X.

Does anyone else have a problem while using pandora and navigation? With 2.1 I could use both and hear music, nav would interrupt and then the music would come right back. With 2.2 I hear music, nav interrupts and then nothing, I have to press play in pandora again.

Also, car mode seems to lock you into it now so I can't browse the internet while Nav is going.

I can't seem to find any remedy for these problems. Any help?

I have yet to get a clear answer to this. Im unrooted and out of an urge updated. Will I be able to receive ota updates still? And also can I go back into my sd card and remove the update.zip file?

Does anyone else have a problem while using pandora and navigation? With 2.1 I could use both and hear music, nav would interrupt and then the music would come right back. With 2.2 I hear music, nav interrupts and then nothing, I have to press play in pandora again.

Also, car mode seems to lock you into it now so I can't browse the internet while Nav is going.

Only does it with Pandora - I'm guessing they need to update their app.

Edit: I mean to say, it doesn't do it with the built-in music player, it comes back on just fine. So I'm guessing it's Pandora disagreeing with FroYo.

Only does it with Pandora - I'm guessing they need to update their app.

Edit: I mean to say, it doesn't do it with the built-in music player, it comes back on just fine. So I'm guessing it's Pandora disagreeing with FroYo.

Hmm well I just got an update for Pandora today so I'll have to try it again. Thanks.

I have yet to get a clear answer to this. Im unrooted and out of an urge updated. Will I be able to receive ota updates still? And also can I go back into my sd card and remove the update.zip file?

Yes, you can remove the update.zip after the install with no problems (I mean just deleting the original file, not uninstalling the changes). There should be no problem receiving OTA updates if you have all stock applications on the phone but... no one will be able to promise that since there have been no updates with this. However, if you cannot update, you can always SBF back to stock then do updates as a last resort. I wonder if the Devs can make an UPDATE.zip for stock???

Last edited:
Adv back to stock? I wouldnt know how to do that lol. Can you pm me how to in case I can't receive the official update?

Back