Steinheil Crystal

EMC23

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Steinheil Crystal for my Droid. I just want to share how happy I am with this screen protector. I wanted something to protect the screen but not take away from it and it did exactly that. It is just like having a naked screen. It went on quickly and easily and doesn't use water. I have an Invisible Shield on my itouch and I am much happier with this. There is no orange peel effect or stickiness.

I have Seidio case to protect the outside and now the Steinheil Crystal to protect the screen so I am very happy. I highly recommend this screen protector.

Thanks for posting this, as I was very curious about this screen protector, and now I'm pretty certain I want to get it. Just a quick question, does it feel a bit more rigid, or is it flimsy like some of the skins (Invisible Skinz, Invisible Shield, etc)? I had an Invisible Skinz screen protector and I could actually scratch it with my finger nail. I'm currently using a chopped up iPhone screen protector that is far more rigid and feels much nicer, so I'm hoping to find something like that that's made for the Droid.

Thanks for posting this, as I was very curious about this screen protector, and now I'm pretty certain I want to get it. Just a quick question, does it feel a bit more rigid, or is it flimsy like some of the skins (Invisible Skinz, Invisible Shield, etc)? I had an Invisible Skinz screen protector and I could actually scratch it with my finger nail. I'm currently using a chopped up iPhone screen protector that is far more rigid and feels much nicer, so I'm hoping to find something like that that's made for the Droid.
You cannot feel it at all. Honestly if I didn't know that I put it on I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

How does it compare to the one Verizon is selling? I bought one so I could have a protector on my device from day 1, so I haven't ordered anything else. These seem to be working pretty well, but a lot of oil gets on them so I have to wipe them.

On the other hand, wouldn't you need to wipe anything you use with a touch screen just as much?

How does it compare to the one Verizon is selling? I bought one so I could have a protector on my device from day 1, so I haven't ordered anything else. These seem to be working pretty well, but a lot of oil gets on them so I have to wipe them.

On the other hand, wouldn't you need to wipe anything you use with a touch screen just as much?

I agree with EMC23. These are fantastic screen protectors. I purchased this and a Zagg. I've used Zagg in the past and it worked well. No comparison...this is by FAR the best screen protector I've ever used.

No contest on between this and the Verizon one. This is thicker and more closely resembles glass. Very smooth and doesn't effect touch responsiveness at all. Also seems to show less fingerprints than the naked glass.

Anyone need a Zagg screen shield? 10 bucks and it yours!

How easy is it to apply? I went through the entire 3pack of Verizon ones without getting one to apply without all sorts of bubbles and crap.

How easy is it to apply? I went through the entire 3pack of Verizon ones without getting one to apply without all sorts of bubbles and crap.

Pretty easy. Pack comes with 2 protectors. I used one learning how to apply. Second one went on smooth. Because its thicker it makes it easier to remove the bubbles and lay flat. Just need to be careful to keep your fingers on the edge and not underneath while applying. Once applied, you then peel off the protective cover off the screen protector. Looks like glass. :icon_ banana:

How does it deal with fingerprints? I know they had one for anti-fingerprint before but I don't see it anymore.

The anti fingerprint is out of stock..but its also no crystal clear.
The crystal clear shows some prints but not nearly as noticible as the naked screen. Its a trade off.

I work at Verizon and the screens they use are great quality however it takes a lot of practice to get them on perfect and I feel they are slightly oversized. I stopped selling them and now instead cut out protectors out the generic ones verizon sells to the size of just the lit area of the screen I feel this is the best way. Also at 9.74 for a pack of 3 for most customers you cant beat the price. Also most medium to low volume Verizon stores will have 1 or 2 reps that are very good at putting screens on. Just dont get upset if someone tells you no. If they are not comfortable doing it or too busy then leave it be and either dont buy them or do it yourself.

The crystal clear shows some prints but not nearly as noticible as the naked screen. Its a trade off.

Btw, I just went to the site & it's back up for sale :icon_ banana: Just ordered mine!

Btw, I just went to the site & it's back up for sale :icon_ banana: Just ordered mine!

Thats cool. I've been using the Crystal for a week now and wow is it nice. I hardly ever wipe prints off of it and you can't tell its on there. Best protector I've ever used.

These seem to be working pretty well, but a lot of oil gets on them so I have to wipe them.

I actually ordered the Steinheil Finger Print resistant screen saver, for this very reason.

I've read reviews, including some comparing the Steinheil Crystal to the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint screen protectors, and they all say that they prefer the Anti Fingerprint resistant one.

I love my Droid, but I'm just tired of wiping it every ten minutes, and I get a little neurotic about smudges and fingerprints on the screen!

Check out this [video=youtube;oA_KKUeN17Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA_KKUeN17Q"]video[/video], go to the 2 minute mark, and you'll see the guy tapping his fingres all over the screen, and it doesn't show any fingerprints!

It does cut down somewhat on the screen's clarity, but from reviews I've read, it's minimal, and most people feel it's a good trade-off to not have to worry about fingerprints and smudges.

Should have mine in a couple of days (it ships from California, and I'm in California) so if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to report on it once I get it. (You can probably view the video link I've furnished, and get a pretty good idea of this screen protector is for you or not)

Back