Steinheil Crystal

That anti-fingerprint one looks kinda foggy. @Shel Can't wait to hear what you think of it. Do you think you can post a picture of it on your Droid with the screen on so we can get a general idea of screen quality.

That anti-fingerprint one looks kinda foggy. @Shel Can't wait to hear what you think of it. Do you think you can post a picture of it on your Droid with the screen on so we can get a general idea of screen quality.

Sure. Should be here in a few days...

I'll post a photo.

I got the ones from Verizon and had no luck. I got one from Seidio and had the same problem as givmedew outlines. They are so close to the screen size that they have to be perfect to the nearest nanometer or they bubble at the edges! Are these slightly smaller than the others? Heck, they only need to cover the lighted area, not really the whole screen....

I got the ones from Verizon and had no luck. I got one from Seidio and had the same problem as givmedew outlines. They are so close to the screen size that they have to me perfect to the nearest nanometer or they bubble at the edges! Are these slightly smaller than the others? Heck, they only need to cover the lighted area, not really the whole screen....

No, they are cut pretty close to screen size, so you'll need to be pretty straight when putting them on. They are however, thicker, so they don't tend to bubble if you go slow and use the squeegee they provide.

Here are some photos...

The Steinheil went on PERFECTLY! I've used numerous other screen protectors, with mixed results... some had dust underneath, some had bubbles, etc.

This one went on without a hitch, and looks great!

There is a frosting type look, when the Droid is turned off. When you turn the Droid on, the screen looks bright and colorful. I haven't seen how the Anti Fingerprint screen protector looks outdoors, during the daytime, as it arrived today, and I got it when I arrived home tonight.

At an angle, you'll see some frosting... looking head on, again, indoors, the screen looks bright and easy to read... you really can't tell there's a protector on there!

Best of all, you really can't see fingerprints! You have to REALLY try to smudge the screen up, and then look VERY closely to be able to see anything that can wipe off of this screen protector! I think my days of wiping my screen constantly are really, finally over!!! :icon_ banana:

Here are some photos.... (note: The last photo was taken at an angle... not exactly head on, and I used a flash, so you can see the frosting effect in the lower left corner. This is supposed to also reduce glare outdoors, but that's not why I purchased this screen protector, I purchased it to eliminate fingerprints. Nonetheless, you can see the "frosting effect" in the last photo)

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4352.JPG

IMG_4353.JPG

How does it feel when you swipe your finger across it? Does it have a slight texture. One review was that it actually helped for using the touch screen. Those times when your finger gets a little moisture on it and sticks to the touch screen. This is supposed to help prevent that. Is this the case?

How does it feel when you swipe your finger across it? Does it have a slight texture. One review was that it actually helped for using the touch screen. Those times when your finger gets a little moisture on it and sticks to the touch screen. This is supposed to help prevent that. Is this the case?

It does have a *very* slight texture, but so far, I haven't noticed it hindering or helping with swiping action on the screen.

It certainly isn't making it any more difficult to swipe...

I haven't had the problem of my fingers getting moist, and it causing any problems with swiping, so I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask.

It does have a *very* slight texture, but so far, I haven't noticed it hindering or helping with swiping action on the screen.

It certainly isn't making it any more difficult to swipe...

I haven't had the problem of my fingers getting moist, and it causing any problems with swiping, so I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask.

oh its nothing major. Im just talking about if your fingers get a little wet from sweat or rain then when you swipe on the touch screen they stick a little bit. So all in all would you recommend I get one of these? I have been thinking about it the last few days. It seems like one of the top screen covers and if I was to get a scratch on my screen I might have a cow. lol

I purchased a Zagg last week and hated it. Putting water all over the Droid didn't end up doing any good except causing the screen to become unresponsive.

I'm up in the air between the Steinheil or Seidio protectors.

Sgp

Go with the Steinheil it is awesome. Makes the touchscreen feel easier to use. You don't get the friction feel of the regular screen protectors and the SGP one is thicker. The screen always looks clean.

Does this have a little notch cut out of it for the light sensor?? It doesn't appear so from the pictures on the website, and I heard this is really important.

Does this have a little notch cut out of it for the light sensor?? It doesn't appear so from the pictures on the website, and I heard this is really important.

No cut out for the light sensor and it hasn't made any difference on mine.

I purchased a Zagg last week and hated it. Putting water all over the Droid didn't end up doing any good except causing the screen to become unresponsive.

I'm up in the air between the Steinheil or Seidio protectors.

I've now had both. I prefer the Steinheil, but if the frost effect will bother you more then fingerprints/smudges bother you, go with the Seidio.

They both go on with static cling, and when the Seidio Ultimate Screen guard is clean, it's crystal clear, with no "egg shell" effect, and no frost effect. It does, however, show smudges...

If the frost effect bothers you, go with the Steinheil Crystal. It actually does a good job of not showing finger prints too.

Back