Stick with RAZR or trade in???

I upgraded from the OG from over 2 years ago. I'm at day 7 with my trial period for the Nexus. I have to say, I'm not impressed with the sound quality at all. I used to be able to talk on my motorola in my lab with no problems at all, but I have to hold my finger to my other ear to block out any noise outside of the phone conversation just so that I can make out what is being said. I took a call while I was outside of the hospital today and the sound still sucked. Both times I was on the phone with someone on the iPhone 3GS and she was outside of a building. We're in a city with great coverage so I attribute the poor sound quality to the hardware. Maybe I just have a bad device, as others have had to exhchange theirs for a new one. I'm giving this nexus a little more time. I really want to like it and want to be convinced that it will work out because I really like the replacable batt and I can do without the Razr's SD card (never ever took mine out of my OG) so Nexus would seem like a good choice. BUT ultimately, I'd like to have good sound quality when I need it. I don't even want to imagine what the sound would be like if the signal was bad. I'll keep reading posts and maybe those in the know can enlighten me on whats coming down the road as far as fixes/updates go.

Actually I would advise against playing with one in the store. When I knew I had the GN on the way I went into 2 different stores to play with a GN....walked out of both stores doubting my decision to change from the Razr to the GN.\

Got my GN and couldn't be happier to report that the demo models were crap and in no way close to the actual experience you will have with yours.

My advise....play with someone else's....go into the VZW store and ask if any of the rep's have a GN as a personal device. Ask to play with it for a couple minutes.

Wow I had the same experience. I was so psyched for the GNex. When it finally came out I went and played with it at the Salem, VA store and it was kinda laggy. I was bombarding the sales rep with questions about its specs and performance because I was so upset/surprised. The rezound right next to it (that I was also somewhat interested in) was smooth as butter. And the rezound spanked the GNex in quadrant scores, but I took that with a grain of salt considering the new OS and the fact that quadrant scores aren't the most accurate representation of performance. Anyway, I ultimately ended up pulling the trigger on the GNex and I'm glad I did. Its just as smooth, if not smoother, than the rezound. The in store model must have been messed up or something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I upgraded from the OG from over 2 years ago. I'm at day 7 with my trial period for the Nexus. I have to say, I'm not impressed with the sound quality at all. I used to be able to talk on my motorola in my lab with no problems at all, but I have to hold my finger to my other ear to block out any noise outside of the phone conversation just so that I can make out what is being said. I took a call while I was outside of the hospital today and the sound still sucked. Both times I was on the phone with someone on the iPhone 3GS and she was outside of a building. We're in a city with great coverage so I attribute the poor sound quality to the hardware. Maybe I just have a bad device, as others have had to exhchange theirs for a new one. I'm giving this nexus a little more time. I really want to like it and want to be convinced that it will work out because I really like the replacable batt and I can do without the Razr's SD card (never ever took mine out of my OG) so Nexus would seem like a good choice. BUT ultimately, I'd like to have good sound quality when I need it. I don't even want to imagine what the sound would be like if the signal was bad. I'll keep reading posts and maybe those in the know can enlighten me on whats coming down the road as far as fixes/updates go.
so its speaker SOUND QUALITY or speaker VOLUME that's the problem? I'm sorry, its just sounds like you're describing issues with the speaker not being loud enough. Either way, you may have a dud. Granted, I've only made like 6 calls in the 2+ weeks I've had this phone, but my sound quality and volume are pretty good. Not quite on par with the blackberrys of a few years ago, but better than any other phone I've owned. I definitely think it beats my D1 and D2 in both sound quality and speaker volume...ringer volume? Now that's a different story. Motorola takes the cake in that department.

i would say return the Razr the whole non remove-able battery with the Razr should put you off, the battery will go dead and what than when it can't hold a charge? I would say go with the Rezound it has better of everything, and if you decide to root your phone the phone is rootable as well and can be modified just like the Nexus.

so its speaker SOUND QUALITY or speaker VOLUME that's the problem? I'm sorry, its just sounds like you're describing issues with the speaker not being loud enough. Either way, you may have a dud. Granted, I've only made like 6 calls in the 2+ weeks I've had this phone, but my sound quality and volume are pretty good. Not quite on par with the blackberrys of a few years ago, but better than any other phone I've owned. I definitely think it beats my D1 and D2 in both sound quality and speaker volume...ringer volume? Now that's a different story. Motorola takes the cake in that department.

Volume + or Equalizer by sa labs will fix the ring volume. The speaker volume on my GNex is beyond loud, only use it on half volume.

The GNex will have more support from Google and be updated faster. But it all depends on which one u like the look and feel of better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

I went into the VZW store on GN launch day with the intention of trading my Razr in but walked out with a new case for my Razr.

I just saw no reason to trade in the high quality build and radio quality of the Razr for ICS, which the the Razr will be getting once the beta testers have ironed out the bugs.

I am still within my trade in period but you would need to pry the Razr from my cold dead hands.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I went into the VZW store on GN launch day with the intention of trading my Razr in but walked out with a new case for my Razr.

I just saw no reason to trade in the high quality build and radio quality of the Razr for ICS, which the the Razr will be getting once the beta testers have ironed out the bugs.

I am still within my trade in period but you would need to pry the Razr from my cold dead hands.

Wise...the Razr has proven itself worthy. I have been so amazed with its performance and battery. Finally a phone that I haven't had to carry a damned charger around.lol I usually get a whole day with heavy use....day and night and morning with moderate.. etc.

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

One feature that gets overlooked IMO is the HDMI mirroring. I had an evo before the razr and the quality that the razr puts out is far superior than the evos clarity. I think you can do it with the nexus but you have to buy an adapter and its feed goes through the charging port. (I think) Not sure how the quality of that would be. I almost switched to the rezound but I'm glad I stayed with the razr. Here is a link to a video I made of the razrs HDMI mirroring if anyone is interested.

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=m...B&hl=en-GB&rdm=4ozmbjqc5#/watch?v=RG1m4V8IJrk

If you don't plan on running roms or rooting, stick with your razr. Its a sweet phone. My Nexus was nothing but bugs til I rooted it, now its flawless, but that is because of the rom I am running.

Razr is a great all around phone, sucker does get pretty hot though. If anything trade it back and wait for a razrmaxx in the spring.

If you don't plan on running roms or rooting, stick with your razr. Its a sweet phone. My Nexus was nothing but bugs til I rooted it, now its flawless, but that is because of the rom I am running.

Razr is a great all around phone, sucker does get pretty hot though. If anything trade it back and wait for a razrmaxx in the spring.

Wow mine never gets hot! Maybe you had a bad one..I haven't had any come to me with that complaint. I'm sure like all phones a few bad ones do come out of the batch...lol and though I agree the Gnex is my choice for ROMs its only easier to and more available. I have put many ROMs on many devices and the Razr will be no exception. Development is growing and soon they will be plentiful. I am not saying one is any better just that both can be flashed like most others. The Gnex like I said is just plentiful and easier. For now....Peace!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

Back