Universal Theme Porter by Wugfresh...

it just switches the images in each apk if images are named different it gets skipped. it doesnt port xml files. so if there was any edit to those those will get missed and you are missing the look the OG dev was going for. I hate these tools!!!

+1
I've seen my themes ported to other devices and ROMs and they totally didn't get fully ported and then people started criticizing me for a bad theme or issues reading text, mismatched colors...etc.

While they can make some of the porting work easy....be careful that you get the FULL experience that the OG dev wanted to give you! There's nothing worse than seeing black text on a black button! (or rather, NOT seeing it)

It doesnt do any xml's and if it did it would be too good to be true, but regardless its a nice feature to have and saves time if you are going to properly port a theme. Good job Wug

Thank you!

@Everyone

WugPort_v4.6.5 is officially released, will port to D2 ROMs, rolling out an update tomorrow to port to any ROM on any device. XML stuff is still pending. This version supports Fission.

{{ WugFresh }}

App is awesome Wug!!!!

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

App is awesome Wug!!!!

Thank you! I have made some good progress with xml stuff as well... not in this release but I have been getting help from a few people who know more about parsers than me. Looking forward to getting it working well enough release to the public. Stay tuned! :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Can't wait! Keep us posted!

App is awesome Wug!!!!

Thank you! I have made some good progress with xml stuff, getting help from a few people who know about parsers than me. Looking forward to getting it working well enough release to the public. Stay tuned! :)

{{ WugFresh }}

App is awesome Wug!!!!

Thank you! I have made some good progress with xml stuff, getting help from a few people who know about parsers than me. Looking forward to getting it working well enough release to the public. Stay tuned! :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Will do! I just made a twitter account so you can follow my progress there as well: @wugfresh

Enjoy!

@themers/devs
I still firmly stand by everything I said earlier... if you have any suggestions or would like to discuss anything with me about what I am doing, hit me up via email/gtalk/twitter at anytime.

Thanks to everyone who been following/supporting this project thus far, your encouragement and support is greatly appreciated!

{{ WugFresh }}

I do GTalk but not Twitter. I'll shoot you my email in a PM though :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Will do! I just made a twitter account so you can follow my progress there as well: @wugfresh

Enjoy!

@themers/devs
I still firmly stand by everything I said earlier... if you have any suggestions or would like to discuss anything with me about what I am doing, hit me up via email/gtalk/twitter at anytime.

Thanks to everyone who been following/supporting this project thus far, your encouragement and support is greatly appreciated!

{{ WugFresh }}

Quick update.. plans to re-write this entire thing in bash for linux users. Android has already made me like linux more... this is my chance to ween myself off windows. Plus seeing as this is an android/linux community, it's kinda lame that I built this program for windows... Also if I write this in bash I might be able to make it into an app... probably not for DX/D2 because the processor isn't powerful enough... but maybe for next generation devices... like the Atrix (as I eagerly await it to come to Verizon).

Stay tuned..

{{ WugFresh }}

New WugPort Mini Version For Deoedexed Gingerbread!

New Mini Version For Deodexed Gingerbread!

<< WugPort_v4.6.5.mini.gingy.exe - MOST RECENT RELEASE >> - 03/31/2011 2:20 PM
-Added support for Deodexed Gingerbread! hooray!
-Added the option to port to Deodexed Gingerbread with the Nexus CRT screen off animation
-This version ports selected pngs from framework-res.apk of the theme your trying to port to, to the SystemUI.apk necessary to complete the port to GB
-Also ports selected pngs to the GB framework-res.apk
-Utilized the progress bar so that it shows the progress of the complete job rather seperate progress meters for each step
-Minor bug fixes and code optimization
-Did I mention it ports to Gingerbread?
smile.png

:: File size ::
116.13 MB
:: Checksums ::
File: WugPort_v4.6.5.mini.gingy.exe
CRC-32: c6ef19e2
MD4: 9400de8124b99f54c52ef83cf8b630fd
MD5: 384b3aa2f202235d505caebaaaa2884d
SHA-1: ebad8283f778f1c7c13465eccb96f58d7f047818
:: Download Locations For Mini GingerBread Version ::

^^^^^Note that you must be on Deodexed GingerBread to use this; grab the Deodexed GB Here

Check out the full support thread on DXF

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:
I continue to impressed by your eloquence and work ethic, Wug. I think you're a madman, and that your sleep schedule would kill a lesser human being... but I'm damn impressed and most grateful! As a fellow college student, I'm even more impressed at your prose, especially here in a forum post. Seeing proper English being written/spoken when holding discourse about what color the status bar is going to be on my novelty cell phone is a breath of fresh air for teh internetz. I'm also a dual Computer Science / English major so I'm a tad biased towards that.

Theming is something I've always been intensely interested in; I LOVE GUI design (and preach about it to my friends on a probably irritatingly regular basis), yet when it comes down it I'm completely lost in the specifics of all these .xml and .pngs. You may just inspire me to actually learn what's going here. If I could teach myself enough to get Ubuntu installed on my Cr-48 without a tutorial, then perhaps I could contribute something to the part of Android ROMing I love the most.
Then again, I could just be sucky at it. We'll see!

Anyhows, on to my actual question. Does mini.gingy port themes to the newest leak, .591? Specifically, Liberty Gingerbread Nightly .5 based on .591? :p
Thank you good sir. Best of luck.
And sleep sometime, won't you?

EDIT: I've found that many existing themes for 0.4 (which was based on .588) do not even work on .591/0.5, so I can only assume that WugPort probably does not either. However, I'll keep the post here for good measure; simply feel no pressure to actually answer it anyone (unless you have some amazing revelation, which would be cool n' stuff).

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words man, most appreciated. :)

I certainly think that you would be capable to learn how to theme. It's relatively simple once you understand the structure and how to edit the xml properly with apktool. The primary things that make building themes difficult is debugging unexpected FC's after you edit xml in the perfectly textbook way but it just makes things fail for whatever reason. Things don't always work perfectly first shot. As you mess with it more, like anything, you will learn how to better identity solutions to bugs, or possibly avoid them all together. But in the end its just pngs + xml + artistic ability

I don't have the last one, that is why I am not a themer... lol. I just stick to trying to simplify things with code.

Building ROMs is a more complicated undertaking though. That involves actually compiling your own apps and dealing with lots of back end system files if you want to make it any good. Requires some actual coding, rather than just editing some code.

Regarding sleep... eh.. maybe. Got to persevere my madman status.

Regarding WugPort. I have just been really busy. My last two finals of the semester are tommorow back to back and then all is said and done.

I will be more than happy to pick up where I left off and finish the new full version which will do all the things you asked, as well as work on nearly every device (hopefully), continue to support the feature in the last full release for porting to any ROM via option 0 & including the ROM.zip in the romofchoice folder, will port froyo themes to GB and vice versa, and include some xml editing (well more like xml swapping at this point) options. And probably other features that I am forgetting to mention now.

The wugport mini is an incomplete program. It was just the first work I did on GB and then kinda neglected to finish working on it for a little while. I know what code has to be written, and I am comfortable writing it, I just got to skill these next two exams and then I will get that done.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:
Everytime I try to port theme it says browser calender calculater desktop clock email path not specified then it doesn't do anything.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

Everytime I try to port theme it says browser calender calculater desktop clock email path not specified then it doesn't do anything.

Are you using the mini or full? GB or froyo? Either way, that shouldn't happen. You can get path not specified... thats fine; it still renders that even when port works perfectly. I just can't null that message.

But it "not doing anything"

Makes me think that your download is incomplete. Also, is it in a top directory with no spaces like
C:/wugporter

{{ WugFresh }}

Are you using the mini or full? GB or froyo? Either way, that shouldn't happen. You can get path not specified... thats fine; it still renders that even when port works perfectly. I just can't null that message.

Makes me think that your download is incomplete. Also, is it in a top directory with no spaces like

{{ WugFresh }}

Froyo one and yes no spaces it shows what path isn't specified as before and then just sits there and I loaded the rom of choice and theme correctly I dont get why it aint working for me.

Last edited:

{{ WugFresh }}

Froyo one and yes no spaces it shows what path isn't specified as before and then just sits there and I loaded the rom of choice and theme correctly I dont get why it aint working for me.

What ROM are you trying to port it too? What device do you have? I am assuming that you are using option 0 right?

{{ WugFresh }}

{{ WugFresh }}

What ROM are you trying to port it too? What device do you have? I am assuming that you are using option 0 right?

{{ WugFresh }}

Liberty 2.0.1, Droid x and yes im using option 0

Back