[Unofficial] setCPU Settings

Will do, but it turns out lean kernal doesn't have a conservative gov so I am running it with interactiveX. I downloaded Franco's kernal, but want to try out lean kernal 1st. I'll report back after a day or so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Ah, I gotcha. Sounds good man.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

Here we go! I too use No Frills default before switching to this.
oruxrs.jpg

After a lot of testing and random reboots due to my phone not liking the settings, these finally seem to work perfectly with my phone. Not sure if this was.. a mistake? or something, but when I applied these I somehow went up 2% in battery from where I was. :p

I'm jealous underclocking works for you! I've been running the Lean kernel and tried the experimental. Unfortunately, my phone fails to wake up when underclocked to 180

I'm jealous underclocking works for you! I've been running the Lean kernel and tried the experimental. Unfortunately, my phone fails to wake up when underclocked to 180
It took a while for me to find the perfect settings for it.. my phone would reboot SO much just slightly going to low.

Seems to have worked pretty fine, you can always try a lower one as well. One I find a safe point that's really good, I try not to switch it more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

Where are you guys getting voltage settings on SetCPU? Mine doesn't have them (didn't think it did when I had ICS on the Nexus, either). I have the paid version, obviously, but it's nearly 2yrs old.

Where are you guys getting voltage settings on SetCPU? Mine doesn't have them (didn't think it did when I had ICS on the Nexus, either). I have the paid version, obviously, but it's nearly 2yrs old.

I believe your kernel has to support it.

There's been numerous threads and people in development and ROM threads/forums trying to figure out exactly what settings will help their phones battery life most. However, most people don't get straight forward answers and are left not knowing how to use setCPU or No Frills correctly.

So basically, I'm making this thread to have people post their Profile and Voltage settings in posts below.

Feel free to post what rom/kernel you are on to best help users know which settings will likely best suit them. Everyone's phones of course react differently then one anothers so results will vary of course.

Type your settings or post screenshots below. :). I'll do so also once I get to a computer.

I'm stock rooted and stock kernel getting 15-18 hours of battery with 10-15% left with screen time of about 2 hours less than 25% os taking. Here are my setcpu profiles and settings. Works like a charm

Nice, good share man!

Not a problem man. That's only with some moderate use though. If I used heavily then battery doesn't last much. I'm eventually going to flash custom rom kernel and radio. Then play with voltage settings as you don't get with stock kernel. I'm positive I can get more juice out of it. In sleep mode it conserves battery very nicely with my current settings.

Good stuff. Have to play with my voltage

Depending on your kernel, there should be a Voltage setting/tab in the setCPU app that you can mess with.

Hey Ben, can you share the name version of custom rom, kernel, radio you flashed? I want to flash my stock rom but want to check positive feedback on the ones people have flashed:)

Im curious how low people have gotten then 180mhz. Lowest I have seen posted is 875 (higher than 320mHz). I have been running at 800 without any problems. Anyone try lower?

Axiom 2.4 with LeanKernel 180-1200 InteractiveX. Moderate usage --> 40-50% battery life after 12-14 hours.

1420 --> 1400 (not using)
1350 --> 1225 (not using)
1200 --> 1175
920 --> 1050
700 --> 975
350 --> 850
180 --> 800

Last edited:
Back