[Updated] SGS2 (Rumored) & BIONIC coming Sept. 8

So no news on the Nexus Prime, huh? That would be my only hesitation in picking up the GSII or the Vigor.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Verizon has NEVER had a single pure Google device why does everyone (not just you, not aimed exclusively at you so don't take it personally) think they will all of a sudden get one with the Prime? Prime most likely wont show it's face in Verizon, thus don't hesitate :)

sent from my Droid Charge

I believe my Droid 1 was pure Google.

Droid 1 was not considered to be a "pure google" experience, as the fella above me pointed out the Nexus' are the only "vanilla" devices released. Didn't get either of them, more than likely we will never see the Prime on VZW.

So no news on the Nexus Prime, huh? That would be my only hesitation in picking up the GSII or the Vigor.

Verizon has NEVER had a single pure Google device why does everyone (not just you, not aimed exclusively at you so don't take it personally) think they will all of a sudden get one with the Prime? Prime most likely wont show it's face in Verizon, thus don't hesitate :)

I'm not sure why you guys think the D1 wasn't pure Google. But additionally, the Xoom was pure Google.

And the reason people believe the Nexus Prime is coming to Verizon is because 2 sources have claimed that it's definitely coming.

Brandon

I guess the reason why I'm losing interest is that, coming from a DX, I no longer feel this phone is worthy of locking in 2 more years and spending $300+. The improved specs are nice (less the screen), but at this point the performance of my DX is very satisfactory, especially with all the 2nd init roms now. It would be small jump in performance at a large cost, not to mention this thing probably won't get root for a while, let alone the dev support the DX currently has. LTE would be nice since it's in my city, but if I want it that bad I'll just guy buy a used Thunderbolt for $200.

I know everyone says you can wait forever for the next best thing, but the next best thing is subjective. If I had an OG Droid the Bionic would be a worthy upgrade, but as a DX owner, I can wait a little longer for the next best thing.

I guess the reason why I'm losing interest is that, coming from a DX, I no longer feel this phone is worthy of locking in 2 more years and spending $300+. The improved specs are nice (less the screen), but at this point the performance of my DX is very satisfactory, especially with all the 2nd init roms now. It would be small jump in performance at a large cost, not to mention this thing probably won't get root for a while, let alone the dev support the DX currently has. LTE would be nice since it's in my city, but if I want it that bad I'll just guy buy a used Thunderbolt for $200.

I know everyone says you can wait forever for the next best thing, but the next best thing is subjective. If I had an OG Droid the Bionic would be a worthy upgrade, but as a DX owner, I can wait a little longer for the next best thing.

I agree with you. I'm waiting for the Nexus Prime, SGS2 and Vigor

MIUI

Ummm, well the Xoom was was pure Google, the 1st 3.0 device and launched on Verizon. Verizon never had an Apple until a few months ago, Sprint never had a pure Google device until 2 months ago. AT&T just got their first Google phone. Google made the Nexus for T-Mobile because it is GSM, which is theoretically better than CDMA, and is the global standard. They probably didn't choose AT&T because they didnt want to compete directly with the iPhone yet. Now that the iPhone has spread to 2 carriers, Google is also expanding Nexus. Its come to 3 major carriers with only Verizon left. Google is saving their new flagship phone for q4 2011 to use the most advanced data technology in the world, LTE, which is becoming the new global data standard. It might come to att also, but I fully expect it to come to Verizon.

Sent from my DROID CHARGE using DroidForums

The D1 wasn't pure Google because it had VZW bloatware like Visual VM, Moto's calendar app and the Amazon MP3 store that couldn't be deleted. It was very close to vanilla though, except it dud have a locked (but not encrypted) bootloader that had to be cracked.

A question about this leaked schedule?

Malvado,

A question about this leaked schedule. If the Samsung Stratosphere is the 4G Verizon version of the Epic, then why is the Samsung Galaxy SII not on the list?
Thanks

Malvado,

A question about this leaked schedule. If the Samsung Stratosphere is the 4G Verizon version of the Epic, then why is the Samsung Galaxy SII not on the list?
Thanks

I have never said it was Verizon's version of the Epic.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

The Stratosphere is the Epic not the GS2

Both bbcrackman and Miami1683 are saying the Samsung Stratosphere is the Verizon version of the Epic?

So, if they are correct, why is the Galaxy SII not on the leaked list?

Aah ok. Well if they can prove it with a reliable source, then all it is right now is speculation. :)

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Last edited:
One of the owners where I work has been walking around with a SGII his business partner picked up overseas and I recognized it instantly and tried to pin him down to ask about it but he just kinda flashed the screen at me and confirmed that's what it was and moved on (imagine Larry David on redbull and that describes his personality to a T).

Anyway, the phone is sexy as hell.. and I say that thinking most of these leaked superphone pics make them all seem the same. I hope they get the thing out here soon and find a way to cram a LTE radio without altering the form.

Nice nice.
And wow an LTE Blackberry, RIM's steppin' up!
Too bad the specs are trash compared the slew of superphones we'll FINALLY BE GETTING! Sheesh why do Tmo and Sprint get all the nice phones! Sprints got a killer lineup!

Sent from my D2G on MIUI
:)

One of the owners where I work has been walking around with a SGII his business partner picked up overseas and I recognized it instantly and tried to pin him down to ask about it but he just kinda flashed the screen at me and confirmed that's what it was and moved on (imagine Larry David on redbull and that describes his personality to a T).

Anyway, the phone is sexy as hell.. and I say that thinking most of these leaked superphone pics make them all seem the same. I hope they get the thing out here soon and find a way to cram a LTE radio without altering the form.[/QUOTE]

icon_%20worthless.gif

I didn't mean to infer that he had some kind of US version or that its activated with a US carrier, its the one that's been released months ago. His business partner spends a lot of time in Israel. If you really want, I could try and snap a picture of him holding it while he walks by but you're probably better off googling stock photos.

If I had it long enough to tinker with it Id probably check out the camera or load some heavy duty apps and see how much faster it is than this Tandy Droid 386 I'm sill using.

Back