Verizon letting me choose a phone, which one should i pick? Upgrade from Droid X?

Sounds like you should just get an iphone.
On AT&T. You're screwing up the warranty process for every one else.

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my DROIDX

Or Verizon could check there CLNR phones before they're sent out. In other words someone isn't doing there job and its costing Verizon and Motorola money. If you lived close by i would drive to your house and let you take a look at this phone that i received today. that's still fine if you want to blame me. :icon_ banana:

I don't think any phone will work for you. I say this after I read the sentence where you're already saying the CLNR you haven't even received yet will not work out.

+ 1
At some point, you have to stop blaming the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sent from my DROIDX

Or Verizon could check there CLNR phones before they're sent out. In other words someone isn't doing there job and its costing Verizon and Motorola money. If you lived close by i would drive to your house and let you take a look at this phone that i received today. that's still fine if you want to blame me. :icon_ banana:

They do check them out that is why CLNR = Certified (notice this word in particular) Like New Replacement

Getting a bad replacement isn't impossible. Getting 7 in a row is.

Sent from my DROIDX

I don't think any phone will work for you. I say this after I read the sentence where you're already saying the CLNR you haven't even received yet will not work out.

+ 1
At some point, you have to stop blaming the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sent from my DROIDX

They do check them out that is why CLNR = Certified (notice this word in particular) Like New Replacement

So they become defective during shipping?

Getting a bad replacement isn't impossible. Getting 7 in a row is.

Sent from my DROIDX

I agree, just 3 were junk on arival. The others i got some use out of them...its possible dust got under the keys and in the microphone.

I think you need the Commando.. ... I have never had any troubles except the Camera button came off because of a case on my X. I think you have Ghosts in your House.. Watch the Movie "Christine".. Have you been Stuck by Lightning before.. ? Maybe you need to have someone else set the Phone up.. ?

Commando like on call of duty black ops.....that gun rocks i do need one. So during set up it controls your mic and your hard keys? hardware problems occur during set up? On this phone you can't hit the C when trying to type, so its not allowing me to set it up.

I can kinda relate to the op. Granted I didn't go through 7 phones but after my og droid had a bad digitizer it did take me 3 replacement phones before I got one without obvious hardware problems. Verizon really doesn't do a good job at actually certifying their clnr phones.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I have also had a few phones, 4 OG droids, first lasted the longest then after that the next two where screwing up within days, now 4th one seems good so far! As far as the clnr's, my second droid came with dust under the screen and the space bar didn't work, my third droid head phone jack didn't work then directional stopped working! So some place someone is letting phones get to clnr status that shouldn't be.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

How do you like your Thunderbolt? Does it have an option to lighten the background from being so dard?

Thanks for the input guys, glad to see im not the only one that gets junk phones.

On another note I just bought another Droid X about a half hour ago. The Droid X is an awesome phone. Now i'll keep the DX2 unrooted and "warranty legal" and use the droid x i just bought for modding.

Thanks for the input guys, glad to see im not the only one that gets junk phones.

On another note I just bought another Droid X about a half hour ago. The Droid X is an awesome phone. Now i'll keep the DX2 unrooted and "warranty legal" and use the droid x i just bought for modding.

So what made you choose the Droid X2 over the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk
Rooted: RZRecovery 2.0.3
ROM: ChevyNo1 SS Gingerbread v5.4
Kernel: ChevyNo1 ULV125-1100mhz
Theme: SS Blue

So what made you choose the Droid X2 over the Thunderbolt?

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk
Rooted: RZRecovery 2.0.3
ROM: ChevyNo1 SS Gingerbread v5.4
Kernel: ChevyNo1 ULV125-1100mhz
Theme: SS Blue

The lady i was talking to on technical support told me that there manager wouldn't let anyone upgrade from a 3G phone to 4G phone. But a single core processor to a dual core was okay for some reason. Otherwise i would be stylin the Thunderbolt. But i did manage to try out the droid x2 today and it feels pretty sweet.

I hate to say it, but if that happened to me, I'd buy an iPhone. Just saying...

Can't believe all of the people giving this guy crap. I'm on my 12th replacement device myself. None of the issues have been user-based. If you've never been through CLNR-hell, I imagine it's hard to relate. Over the devices I've received, I've dealt with physical keys that were depressed underneath the key itself (so it would press essentially on its own), defective screens (large discolored dots, and I'd receive them in this condition and have a new one sent out literally within an hour of receiving the dud), blown earpieces, and one (my personal favorite) came with keys so loose that they would fall off when in my car dock and have to be reattached.

Verizon just simply doesn't do a good job of "inspecting" these devices. To the guy saying the OP was ruining the warranty process, he's not - Verizon is.

Back