Verizon Rolling out 4.1.1 as of now

I live in Chicago il. I still haven't received update. Wanna root but scared I will brick phone. Any help will be appreciated

You won't brick your phone by rooting. Especially on a Nexus device. If you're simply wanting to root because you haven't received the update, there's no need. It's already rolling out and should come to you shortly. Just make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi and you'll get it eventually.

So I've been playing with jb is it a bit over hyped?? In not to impressed to be honest....signal quality isn't all that great or improved.....thought I was gonna get better radios what happened

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

just got the update after the first data wipe of the framework today. I attempted to update before and it didn't work but then I deleted the data and it started downloading like a charm :) still downloading as I type this.

After reading about the update this morning, I went to "Settings" then "Apps", "All" the "Google Services Framework", hit "Force Stop" then "Clear Data".... then with wi-fi on I went to "Settings" then "About Phone" then "System Update" First try it immediately started downloaded the update. I was 100% stock with the IMM76K version on a VZW phone. 10 minutes later Build number JRO030 "Jelly Bean" is up and running... so far so good, but too new to report any major differences in operation.

nexusnate said:
what was your build number? does that really have anything to do with the order of the roll out?

I was on the stock build before...IMM76K or whatever. I doubt there's any rhyme or reason to how the update goes out. I mentioned in another thread that a coworker got the update on the first day...he lives in the same area as I do and got his phone about a month AFTER I got mine.

I got the official jelly bean update over wifi I turn my phone off and then back on and then went to setting, apps then all Google service frame I believe and then force close clear date then backed out and went to update and it worked

Mine is finally downloading,second try. I removed my sim card (this time) and am on wifi, went into settings>apps>all>google service framework>clear data>force close. (in that order) Then went and checked for update and there it was =)

My maps is highly active since the update. Awake time and awake locks are really high.

Really? Sorry for the bad info then. Maybe it just automatically worked for me cause I have root.

Just DL JB via the Google service framework trick here in Delaware..... Had to do it 4/5 times but it finally DL..... early opinion on it seems to be smoother moving around.... Won't really get a feel for signal til I get to work where my signal goes in and out and dropped with ICS...

Back