Where's 4.0.4 ota?

soulshot96

Reaction score
Okay I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering where the hell the 4.0.4 ota is. I'm not gonna root this phone yet so installing the leak isn't gonna happen. Are they ever gonna release it? If it is as good as it sounds why wouldn't they release it? Probably some kind of Verizon bull. But that wouldn't hold back the gsm update would it? Idk, just seems like its taking awhile. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

You don't have to be rooted to install the "leak". There were at least a couple forums that had members who received the OTA and pulled it for the community's benefit. Just install it manually and it will essentially be the same thing as receiving the OTA. And yes, its as good if not better than advertised. I would say it's an upgrade in every way. See the link below for the pulled OTA.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-android-404-ota-package-now-available

Last edited:
no official word of release. You'll definitely see a thread regarding someone getting the update once it's released though. Keep an eye out on the news section

excuse me I should have been more specific. I don't want to unlock my phone either. I have like 4gigs of apps. 4gigs of music and 5 gigs of videos. I don't feel like backing all that up or going through all the steps. If theres a way to do it without loseing anything I'd be happy to try it. Far as I know there isn't.

I check it everyday. I'm anxious for the last little issues to be resolved. Kinda tired of typing in portrait all the time too. ;)

excuse me I should have been more specific. I don't want to unlock my phone either. I have like 4gigs of apps. 4gigs of music and 5 gigs of videos. I don't feel like backing all that up or going through all the steps. If theres a way to do it without loseing anything I'd be happy to try it. Far as I know there isn't.

Same here.

I check it everyday. I'm anxious for the last little issues to be resolved. Kinda tired of typing in portrait all the time too. ;)

Im about ready to root this thing,tired of reading how good the phone is with 4.0.4,with the new radios and all the other perks.

Lol. Its very tempting. I'm still kinda afraid I'll mess it up! ;) I'm trying to hold out.

Lol. Its very tempting. I'm still kinda afraid I'll mess it up! ;) I'm trying to hold out.

Lol!!,on the afraid Ill mess it up.This would be my first time also,Im gonna play Modonna while I do this-"Like a Virgin,Rooting for the very fist Time." :D

I've rooted before but I was driven there by waiting for a update for 5 months...after it was supposed to have already been out. And the update was to 2.2. So I rooted and flashed its vanilla gb rom. But that was b4 the nexus. I don't feel like going through all the steps. Maybe later...

Back