Who's waiting for the Nexus / Droid Prime?

I am waiting and I have been able to upgrade for a few months now. If it is a true Google device then I'll be almost guaranteed to get it because I will no longer need to root to get the latest and the greatest. I like the screens, form factors, cameras and other such things of other manufacturers besides motorola so I'm almost gone. I just need to be able to purchase the device. The D1 was the best motorola made to date imo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Been waiting on this one since its release almost a year ago and got to touch its sprint brother last night and i must say its the smoothest running touchwiz i have ever seen, its so thin it makes my DX look & feel like a huge brick, I say the best looking screen I have see yet in person, and over all makes me want this phone SOO bad. :icon_ banana:

I was going to upgrade to the Bionic until i got to see how much better Samsung:hail: really is

O and the prospect of a Google phone over a Crappy UI is enough for me to want it.

Yo guys! I just returned my bionic and hopped on the prime-train, i know it is going to be worth the wait! Funny that motorola would still have me as a customer (bionic) if they just used the same screen as the droid-x! I personally take offense to that pentile crap, who do they think we are? dumbasses?

Other reasons why i returned the Droid Bionic (coming from a droid-x)

-Droid X has a sturdy, metal back, even the battery cover was metal. The bionic has a cheap plastic back that you need to pry off (i bet people will be using tape to keep the back on within a months time.)
-Droid X has a physical camera button
-Droid X has 300mb ram available after killing all tasks, the bionic has about 400mb (100mb available increase thats all, i guess 1gb ram means more BLOATWARE) And yes i know that the Droid-X has 512mb Ram and the Bionic has 1gb
-Droid X has a better camera (focus/colors)
-Droid X has a much better screen (non-pentile)
-Droid X has a much better external speaker (bionic sounds fuzzy)
-Droid X camera has two LED lights that were capable of luminating a small house (literally), the bionic only has one.
-Droid X has four physical buttons at the bottom. The bionics touch buttons are non-responsive when the phone is idle.
-Droid X has no errors with the internal storage. Bionic has problems with apps dissapearing (this is the interal storage dissapearing)
-Droid X was $100 less
-Droid X has reasonable data plans (bionic they are dirtbagging us with the new 4g prices) 98% of people don't live in a 4g area. I consider this theft

Seems like motorala made the phone as cheap as possible and charged $100 more. (Dual core cpu's are the same size as single core) and there is no reason for such a large price increase. And there really is only 100mb more ram because of the bloatware. With all the commercials im hearing everyday mentioning it, i think it was just motorolas top-secret plan to rip people off in the masses.

The bionic is fast, but thats going to be the new standard of smartphones. I think the bionic is crap to say the least.
-After playing NOVA on the bionic for an hour i went into the kitchen and my moms face looked like it was behind a screen. That was trippy. Pentile is garbage.

Last edited:
In the same boat here. Still hanging on to my OG because I haven't found anything worthy of my money yet. A dual core 1.2 or better with a gig of ram, 4g, unlocked bootloader, and a nice screen that isn't so big I feel like I'm toting a tablet in my pocket is all I want. Is that too much to ask?

I'm still a huge fan of a physical keyboard too so that would be a bonus if there was an option that had one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I agree, my husband got the Samsung SideKick, and other than a few apps that run a bit differently, my little 3g OG Droid "runs" circles around his 4g unlimited phone (he doesn't want to root) :) and I too have to have that keyboard.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Back