Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
fred03031 said:
Being new to all of this but I am curious as to why the folks that are already on the 247 even care about the ota? Why would that matter if you are already rooted and on the newest version?

To make sure the ota matches our current build so we are not off the ota path

Sent from my 1.600 ghz 3615 quadrant score ICS .247 DROID BIONIC

Being new to all of this but I am curious as to why the folks that are already on the 247 even care about the ota? Why would that matter if you are already rooted and on the newest version?

Once an OTA comes out usually a FXZ is not far behind! And for us on .235 and up, that means a lot to have that ultimate security. Although HoB does a great job of it, the actual FXZ will allow us to flash radios and stuff easier. (correct me if I'm wrong)

A) Warranty issues for those of us still under warranty, or with extended warranty
B) FXZ file for recovering from bricks more easily
C) Finalized build of ICS so that work can begin on a possible Jelly Bean release

The file will be identical when/if .247 goes official, but the game changes entirely because it is no longer "unapproved" software.

'Cause we have sympathy with the poor masses that don't share our joy yet.
And.... we want to see if another update gets pushed out before OTA.

IMHO

welsalex said:
Once an OTA comes out usually a FXZ is not far behind! And for us on .235 and up, that means a lot to have that ultimate security. Although HoB does a great job of it, the actual FXZ will allow us to flash radios and stuff easier. (correct me if I'm wrong)

An then HoB wil dieeeeeee muahahahaahahabhabababababaahahahah

we also need an FXZ file for the final build, that way there will be somewhat of a safety net going forward.

edit: jesus ninja'd by like 4 or 5 of you

An then HoB wil dieeeeeee muahahahaahahabhabababababaahahahah

Yes, because HoB couldn't POSSIBLY be useful for moving to Jelly Bean leaks................ :p

Just speaking for myself but I care because of people like my friend at work who is still on .905. Also my wife is still on .232 because I explained about the security issue and she chose not to take the risk. Speaking of which, those of us on .235+ are anxious to find out for sure that the OTA doesn't screw us with a new security. And lastly, once the OTA is out the door we are hoping they will focus on JB development.

fred03031 said:
I thought that once rooted you are off the ota path.

Lmao rooting does not affect otas what so every go do some research i see hiw u feel samuri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back