Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
sargentmajord said:
Lmao rooting does not affect otas what so every go do some research i see hiw u feel samuri

Sent from my 1.600 ghz 3615 quadrant score ICS .247 DROID BIONIC

Or any update leak or not people

unbesorgt said:
Sarge, quit scaring the new recruits :D

How many times to i have to tell people that rooting doesnt affect any updates what so ever

An then HoB wil dieeeeeee muahahahaahahabhabababababaahahahah

Right. Like I'll let that happen. :) I didn't write it to be dynamic for nothing. They'll just drop the new FXZ in place and prepare for JB leaks. :)

Just speaking for myself but I care because of people like my friend at work who is still on .905. Also my wife is still on .232 because I explained about the security issue and she chose not to take the risk. Speaking of which, those of us on .235+ are anxious to find out for sure that the OTA doesn't screw us with a new security. And lastly, once the OTA is out the door we are hoping they will focus on JB development.

What are they going to do, drop the security to a lower version? That's the only way they can "screw us with 'new' security". if it's higher than what we have, great. It's only if it's lower (not likely) that we have a problem.

How many times to i have to tell people that rooting doesnt affect any updates what so ever

I'll throw ONE curve ball at that. If people applied the forever root hack, then that will cause updates to fail assertions but *NOT* because of root. Only because it ****s with a system file.

What are they going to do, drop the security to a lower version? That's the only way they can "screw us with 'new' security". if it's higher than what we have, great. It's only if it's lower (not likely) that we have a problem.

I just meant in the unlikely event that they add some new unforeseen element that causes problems for those of us who can't do a full FXZ to .905. Don't worry, I have full confidence that you would bail us out even then, or I wouldn't be on .247 right now. :)

I just smashed a mosquito on my shorts and left it's guts sitting there as a warning to other mosquitoes that I don't play around .
Living the thug life!

Sent from my . 247 House of BIONIC Edition

noticed that just now he missed that. but still it's not finding rsd. so either way BROKE

I am pretty sure I flashed to .905 FXZ a couple months ago when going through the update from 902 to 905 and then rooted (i know I didn't get 905 OTA) or I don't know what the heck I am talking about which is always possible :)

So her is where I am at and I am not going to assume anything. I am already at 905 so should be ready to go.

Uninstalled all previous versions of Moto Drivers, RSD Lite, etc from PC (did this to get a fresh install of all the files needed)
Rebooted PC
Installed the Moto Device Manager (driver): USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
Installed the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(7.7).exe
Install the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_RSD_(5.7).exe
Install the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_(247).exe
Rebooted PC
Plugged in USB cable
Enabled USB debugging
Set USB to media device
Started RSD Lite
Clicked Start, Programs, House Of Bionic, House Of Bionic link
CMD windows comes up and states:
File Not Found
ERROR: RSD not found. Please install the RSD installer.

Thank you for entering the House of Bionic

Press any key to continue . . .

Press enter so it would continue but the CMD windows just goes away.

RSD Lite does show my device as detected in the app window but it does this regardless. This is where I have stopped. Is this expected and I just need to browse to the HoB file in RSD or should the HoB CMD window done something more.

Holding tight on this one until I get confirmation.
You don't need to start RSD,HOB does tht for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back