Wireless Moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried both ways. Even went as far as uninstalling the moto drives, RSD, HoB from the PC, then reboot, then reinstall them all, and then reboot again. HoB still cannot find RSD.

As I understand it, the HoB does not use your PC's version of RSD because there are isssues with some versions. So when it fails and says it can't find RSD, it's not referring to your installed version of RSD but the version in the HoB folder structure. Either download RSD 5.7 from the HoB thread and install that one, or move your RSD files into the HoB directory under the RSD sub-directory. If you're using a certain version though it will cause the flash to fail (can't remember which off the top of my head) so you're safer just installing the one on the HoB page.

I had to download the 905 FXZ files for when I updated to 247 on my own, so I've got em. ^^
I also took a look at your script before I used it. It looks a lot like the language I used to
write 2600 games. Pretty cool ^^
*LOL* Wow, I always assumed 2600 games were written in Assembly language. Guess ya learn something new every day.

Tried both ways. Even went as far as uninstalling the moto drives, RSD, HoB from the PC, then reboot, then reinstall them all, and then reboot again. HoB still cannot find RSD.
Did you install 905 fxz?

You can, but it's hard to hold an umbrella and row a canoe. You will need to improvise an umbrella holder of some sort.

Just gonna have to hold the umbrella in my mouth then.

I'd offer to try it, but I still need to get ADB working on my Ubuntu VM. And truthfully, VMware makes me nervous when it comes to USB stuff. Maybe i'll set it up on WUBI instead.

No you don't. It's completely self contained. :) It has adb for mac and linux. fastboot for all flavors of linux and mac. It'll have a readme that people will need to take seriously cause 64 bit users will need to do a few things. I'm flashing from an Ubuntu 64 VM as we speak. Doing a full reinstall. On my laptop.

I had to download the 905 FXZ files for when I updated to 247 on my own, so I've got em. ^^
I also took a look at your script before I used it. It looks a lot like the language I used to
write 2600 games. Pretty cool ^^

That script was nothing compared to the new one. LOL :) I think you'll be amazed as to what I've been able to do in 2 days. Remember, I've not used linux in several years, so, getting this far this quickly amazed even me.

Loving the way smart actions is saving my battery. Almost 9 hours and only down to 50%. Yesterday my battery was at 20% in less than 7 hours. Usage for both days has been similar. Turned off data at work since we have wifi, as data seems to consume more battery than wifi. Still trying to sort it all out. Screenshot after 9 hours:

View attachment 56780

As I understand it, the HoB does not use your PC's version of RSD because there are isssues with some versions. So when it fails and says it can't find RSD, it's not referring to your installed version of RSD but the version in the HoB folder structure. Either download RSD 5.7 from the HoB thread and install that one, or move your RSD files into the HoB directory under the RSD sub-directory. If you're using a certain version though it will cause the flash to fail (can't remember which off the top of my head) so you're safer just installing the one on the HoB page.

Yea I already explained this twice now. I gave up trying.

Just gonna have to hold the umbrella in my mouth then.
Or you could rig up a wooden frame to hold a tarp over the canoe which will act as a roof. Just remember to design it with the center being the high point and sloping down from there, so that rainwater does not collect. This will also act to protect you from the sun.

No you don't. It's completely self contained. :) It has adb for mac and linux. fastboot for all flavors of linux and mac. It'll have a readme that people will need to take seriously cause 64 bit users will need to do a few things. I'm flashing from an Ubuntu 64 VM as we speak. Doing a full reinstall. On my laptop.
I'm still gonna set up a wubi partition to try it, VMware USB and my PC can be a flaky combination.

Set USB to media device
Started RSD Lite
Clicked Start, Programs, House Of Bionic, House Of Bionic link
CMD windows comes up and states:
File Not Found
ERROR: RSD not found. Please install the RSD installer.

Thank you for entering the House of Bionic

Press any key to continue . . .

Why did you manually start RSD? That is an unneeded step. Let the House launch it... Sam, is it possible that the script can't launch it as it's already running?

I'm still gonna set up a wubi partition to try it, VMware USB and my PC can be a flaky combination.

Well, since I'm W8 64 that's why I bought the upgrade to VM WS 9. Damn thing is like a tank on this machine. It's flashing webtop now. I need to add a bitwise check. 32 bit linux users will *NOT* be able to flash webtop. RAZR linux people are struggling with it, too. They finally said F it and made it optional in their script. :D On 64 bit it'll flash. Even from my VM. This is sick. I actually like the Linux version quite a bit. This is some SERIOUSLY elegant code I wrote for it. I don't mean to come off sounding like an arrogant ass. That wasn't my point. It's just that I wrote this in 2 days and it matches the windows version pound for pound, function for function.

*LOL* Wow, I always assumed 2600 games were written in Assembly language. Guess ya learn something new every day.
Actually 2600 games ARE written in Assembly, but I was using a piece of software called batari Basic. I actually programmed a car physics engine in it, a fully-functional level editor, and games with music and titlescreens with working menus. It's pretty amazing what you can make such limited hardware do with clever programming.

BTW, My Bionic's digitizer is in Chicago! LOL! xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back