Yahoo Mail?

Thank you so much TXSkeets. I've been trying to figure out how to setup my yahoo email account for awhile. I know i wasn't misspelling my password and username

Has anyone figured out how to stop all the emails sent from Yahoo through the phone from showing up in SENT folder 400 times? I have over 20K messages in my sent folder when I go to my account online. It's all the emails I sent from the droid duplicated 300 times.

Has anyone figured out how to stop all the emails sent from Yahoo through the phone from showing up in SENT folder 400 times? I have over 20K messages in my sent folder when I go to my account online. It's all the emails I sent from the droid duplicated 300 times.
I used to spend hours going in my "sent mail" folder and deleting all the duplicates (leaving 1 copy of each). But I soon realized that they KEEP COMING BACK! Long after an email has been sent, duplicate copies continue to be generated. My "sent mail" folder now has over 100,000 messages in it. It's completely unusable - there is no way I could ever go to the folder and find a copy of a particular email that I sent to someone. I guess I might just as well delete the folder and not save "sent mail" any more. I wish there was a fix for this...

re: yahoo

Although in beta, you can download MailDroid which works for yahoo, ymail, and rocketmail (and some other mail providers).

And by the way, changing your settings in Yahoo mail to NOT save a copy of a sent email into the "sent mail" folder does NOT work. Any email sent from the Droid will go into your sent mail folder whether you've checked that option or not. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of copies of each sent item....

And if you delete all the email from your sent mail folder they WILL return. The same OLD sent emails from weeks and months ago. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of copies of each one...Like zombies - THEY CANNOT BE DESTROYED!!!

Yahoo Mail set-up problem

I set this up two days ago. It worked fine until this evening. I don't see that anything has changed. It tells me the username or password is wrong but they are both correct.

Could it be because I also have a gmail account set up with different username and password?

I use K9 and its works great. I set it to pull every 5 minutes...
good app and very simple to use

Any special step to get Y! mail working with the MailDroid app? I get an error message: "pop not allowed for this user." when attempting to set up my account.

droid chopper1 if i knew you you'd get a HUGE hug...i've been trying to figure out that dam pop mail and imap stuff forever. thanks

I just set up my yahoo mail, but it downloads too slow....anyway to speed it up? I got very good 3G signal here.

To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Motorola Droid:

1. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
  2. Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
  3. Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password (here you need to put in [email protected])
  4. Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
  5. For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
  6. For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
  7. Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
  8. Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
  9. Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages

Any special step to get Y! mail working with the MailDroid app? I get an error message: "pop not allowed for this user." when attempting to set up my account.

i did "trayanh" way last night and low and behold, a full 3 hours and no emails.. THen I refresh it and have like 20 form all afternoon.. Thats disappointing..

I have my sbcglobal (which is through yahoo) and gmail accounts set up on the droid; however I don't always get emails the emails from my sbcglobal account. Also, I can not send emails from either...any idea how to fix this?

Same here i dont get any notifications of new emails and then i go to my email and i got like 20 new emails y is this? The notifications are turned on and everything

I called VZW yesterday afternoon and all they had me do, which is typical of them, is to remove the battery. They had me leave it off for a minute or so and then when I turned it back on they asked me to dial *228, which from what I understand resets the cell tower that you are pulling from. I've been good to go since then. They told me that if I have any furter delays or issues to call the Motorola Department directly.

Back