Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

Big D

Reaction score
I`m with all of you guys. Can't imagine not having a physical KB. I do think though, that moto had all about trashed the KB concept until the Blackberry Q came out and people went nuts for the KB. Shows that there is still a robust market for KBs and that just might have swayed them. The thing is, the 1-4 have sold so well, you'd thisnk they wouldn't need anectdotal evidence from another manufacturer to get a green light.

I haven't heard one way or the other, but I sure do hope they keep them going. I`ll be holding onto this thing forever if they bag the physical KB.

silverfang77

Reaction score
You hold out hope that Moto might make another keyboard Android because of the new BlackBerry? I hope you're right.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

Big D

Reaction score
I read that the q10 sales with the physical KB were FAR better than they forcasted due to the unexpected preference to the KB. It was all over CNBC as well.

But again, the 1-4's own popularity should be the driver of future offerings, right? Who the hell knows?

silverfang77

Reaction score
I really hope this will lead to a keyboard renaissance.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Y'all really like the keyboard? I'm just passing thru.. Haha... But I can't ever imagine myself using one.. Tap Google mic and speak the whole email out.. SwiftKey with flow.. I'm golden..
But it would be nice they should have an option for a new phone with it.. I mean non smartphones have keyboards why not for y'all... I vote D5... Making call to Moto now....

Noted 2x~4 beta

silverfang77

Reaction score
The sad thing is keyboards were originally a hallmark of smartphones. Now they seem to be an object of derision.

jmagi

Reaction score
just find it kinda strange that someone who's interested in the droid 4 would come to this section to tell us why we dont need a hardware keyboard. but whatever..

hardware keyboard for lyfe. my opinion wont change. if it means i have to buy and stock up on droid 4s.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

silverfang77

Reaction score
A drawer full of Droid 4s? LOL I might have to do the same thing.

In the end though, I might have to cave and give up the keyboard when my D4 goes and get an octacore beauty, even if I am consigned to an onscreen keyboard. *sighs tragically*

jmagi

Reaction score
they should make dual sim a standard... that would be awesome. would love the higher specs and dual sim in a droid 5. to me that would be the king of all phones. motorola build quality destroys samsung by a mile and 10 kilometres lol.

im giving it till the end of the year when they announce the x-phone lineup. if no droid 5.. then to ebay it is.

silverfang77

Reaction score
With dual SIMs, can you use both simultaneously?

I think you could drop a Droid series phone down a flight of stairs and it would just get scuffed up.

jmagi

Reaction score
mine has taken a few hard falls and just rolled them off his back like water on duck feathers.. lol. ive got a generic stealth black rubberized case on it. looks lethal.

texting in the rain has been fun too while everyone hides their fone from a drizzle lol

Last edited:

silverfang77

Reaction score
Using my phone in the rain is something I wouldn't dare do. I put it away at the first sign of rain falling.