Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

joemontana

Reaction score
Just one of many options available.
The best slide out keyboard for the galaxy s4

just find it kinda strange that someone who's interested in the droid 4 would come to this section to tell us why we dont need a hardware keyboard. but whatever..

hardware keyboard for lyfe. my opinion wont change. if it means i have to buy and stock up on droid 4s.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

joemontana

Reaction score

EDIT: *I* didn't say it was the best slide out kb for the s4. Just first thing that came up on google.

A drawer full of Droid 4s? LOL I might have to do the same thing.

In the end though, I might have to cave and give up the keyboard when my D4 goes and get an octacore beauty, even if I am consigned to an onscreen keyboard. *sighs tragically*

silverfang77

Reaction score
My concern with those addon keyboards is they rely on bluetooth, which drains the battery horribly.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

silverfang77

Reaction score
The Galaxy S4 has a removable battery? I thought all the high end phones had them built in now. Props to Sammy for bucking the trend.

jmagi

Reaction score
There are quite a few slide out kb's available for the s4, this is just one.

those are cool but the bluetooth is an unecessary drain on the battery imo. i guess if we have no choice then those addon keyboards would be the way to go. but from what ive seen they seem to be pretty thick and adds some unappealing bulk to the fone. doesnt have the sharp appearance of motorola's design. who knows, maybe ill go with an xfone and keyboard addon case if it turns out alright. then there is the downside of not being able to use a case with a front screen bezel. for me the front screen bezel is the thing that has saved my screen every time preventing it from touching the ground. but ill also be looking for a book style leather case for ultimate screen protection.

either way tho i think my d4 will be hard to let go for an onscreen keyboard device. id rather stay with my d4. it does everything i need really. too bad it doesnt have upgradeable hardware lol.

Last edited:

rongotti

Reaction score
I am getting more and more nervous by the day :mad:

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

hanstoppable

Reaction score
love the droid 4 and the hardware keyboard..
the only flaw for me with the phone for me is the battery life

has anybody figured out a way to replace the battery with something higher-capacity?

silverfang77

Reaction score
I saw that! Hopefully that's our Droid 5 with full slider keyboard, HD display, 2.5 GHz octacore CPU, 8 GB RAM, 64 GB storage, frontal stereo speakers and Key Lime Pie out of the box.

What, me dream?

Shelly79

Reaction score
I was forced into a Droid Razor when I lost my Droid 3. It has been almost a year since I have had it and I STILL miss the physical QWERTY! I have been waiting for Droid 5 news for a while now and haven't heard anything yet. I'm really hoping they do release a Droid 5 and I'm sure that if Motorola hasn't had a new Droid line phone in months then they are completely overhauling the line and will eventually surprise everyone with new and amazing things. All I ask is for one phone with the keyboard.

jmagi

Reaction score
All I ask is for one phone with the keyboard.

from motorola specifically. they can call it the pink powder puff droid for all i care lol. but if its got higher specs and a qwerty they can just shutup and take my money lol

Nathaniel_Hale

Reaction score
Motorola DROID 5: Verizon’s Next Flagship Slider? FINALLY!!!

Motorola DROID 5: Verizon’s Next Flagship Slider? 22 June 2013 by Anna Aoki

Motorola have more than proved that they are able to party with the best for specs as they offered the Motorola Droid Razr HD along with the Motorola Maxx HD. The Moto X is coming out later on this month and it should come with Jelly Bean 4.3. But what we want to know is what happened to phones with keyboards?
In the past Motorola has brought out some high end QWERTY phones which have the base of handsets which are touch-screen. The Motorola Droid 5 could arrive towards the end of the year and it is thought that the device could have the same specs of the Motorola Droid Razr HD or the Moto X.
So what specs could the Motorola Droid 5 possess when it arrives? There has been a lot of talk in forums, with some of the most common being that it would come with a 4.5 inch HD display, the Tegra 4, a battery of 2800 mAh, a camera of 8MP, which can record video at 1080p and a front camera of 2MP. The handset might look similar to the Motorola Droid Razr HD and it will be slim.

At the moment these are nothing but rumours of course. But if we were to bet on it then we believe that the Motorola Droid 4 may not be the last device with a physical keyboard, if you take a look at how successful it was last year.