Battery lasting forever!!!!

Droids

Reaction score
My battery life is much better too. I usually leave the screen on full brightness and always run WiFi, but keep bluetooth and gps off if I'm not using them.

To the OP, there is no need to run a task killer app, Android deals with unused apps on it's own. At least keep this in mind... if the Droid ever starts behaving odd it may due to using a task killer that may kill services that are needed. A lot of people who used to swear by a task killer on a BB have found it is not needed on Android. I haven't used one yet.

mjs31

Reaction score
Typically after normal use and 11 hours I am at 20 - 30%. Now, since the update I am at 60-70% after 12 hours. Looks like a big improvement.

TightLines

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one but I have wifi and gps off and my battery is absolute crap, might be a deal breaker for me keeping the phone.

Battery was in the yellow today by 4:00, terrible.

icecold

Reaction score
Yeah...it's almost as if it is learning, and therefore able to do a better job the more times it...hey wait a minute!!!:icon_eek:

Hilarious!

As for my battery, I take the phone off the charger at around 6:30am every day and with my normal usage the phone is dead by 2pm.

Today, woke up to the update. Took the phone off the charger at around 6:45am and it's now 8:26pm and I am still at 75%. And I actually left my wifi on all day on accident.

808droid

Reaction score
Battery life has definately improved since the update, even with GPS on now, I'm still gainning more time without a charge...Lovin it!!!

gcs8

Reaction score
haven't gotten my update yet.. i feel like the girl that hasn't started growing boobs yet. is there any way to force the up date?

TightLines

Reaction score
What the hell am I missing? Coming from a 1st gen iPhone my battery life is crap.

sethmo

Reaction score
My battery life seems worse. Its not horrible, but 30% after 14hrs now. Before I could get at least 18hrs on 40-50% with more use. I have harldy used the phone today.

16% was used by Media Server, is that Pandora?

mcm180

Reaction score
Mine sucks ass too. Sweaty African Elephant ass, in fact! Even more so after the update.

What's the point of having wiFi and jawdropping GPS Google navigation & things syncing in background if it dies wayyyyyyyy before the end of your day!

MaYNOR Caleb M. (mcm180) on Twitter

Last edited:

appirishmen

Reaction score
i have a HUGE improvement in battery also. it has been up for about 14 hrs and still at 90% i love this. i didnt mind charging it, but i like this a lot better.

TightLines

Reaction score
How can I make sure the update took? My battery life is so horrendous there has to be something I'm missing.