Can Moto display be scheduled off at night

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Can the display be scheduled to be off at night like the active display on turbo 2 could?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Maybe this will help....

Moto Display - Moto Z Play (2nd Gen)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The article does not say where this setting is but says it's possible does anybody know where this setting is?

"Moto Display does not show notifications:

At night, during hours you specify"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is it not right there in your Moto app?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Is it not right there in your Moto app?

Nope only enable or disable . Can you screenshot the setting on yours?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My phone doesn't have that, supposedly it's a Z2 feature

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
My phone doesn't have that, supposedly it's a Z2 feature

Oh u have the z force not the z2 when are u gonna upgrade :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh u have the z force not the z2 when are u gonna upgrade :)

I'm not planning on it. The Z Force Droid runs fine. And it's the last "Droid" so I like that too.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Z2 force doesn't have that feature. Sorry.
2579518bcb14a1ad5d9a2e522d3373a3.jpg

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm not planning on it. The Z Force Droid runs fine. And it's the last "Droid" so I like that too.

So the z force is a Droid and the z2 force is a ... Lenovo generic w no brand name like Droid?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Z2 force doesn't have that feature. Sorry.
2579518bcb14a1ad5d9a2e522d3373a3.jpg

Bummer maybe Tasker could do it hmm

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So the z force is a Droid and the z2 force is a ... Lenovo generic w no brand name like Droid?

Not quite. The name Droid on a phone meant it was a Verizon exclusive phone with some Verizon added functionality that might not be found on other phones, like the Command Center widget. The Command Center widget was different on "Droid" phones compared to the same model without the Droid branding. Also, Droid phones have been made exclusive for Verizon for many years. The Z2 is not generic. It's a true Motorola phone, made by Moto but not with the Droid name attached to it, and not exclusive to Verizon. The brand name is Moto Z2 Force.

Think of it like the Droid Turbo. That was made by Moto exclusively for Verizon with the Droid name on it. The Moto Maxx was basically the exact same phone, made by Moto without the Droid name and sold all around the world on any cell carrier. Then with the Droid Turbo 2, which was exclusively sold by Verizon (Droid name on it) Moto also made the Moto X Force. Basically the exact same phone as the Turbo 2 but without the Droid name and sold all over the world, not exclusive to Verizon. The only major differences that I am aware of was the Command Center widget and a few other Verizon goodies on the Droid branded phones.

Your Z2 is not a generic phone, it's a flagship phone named Moto Z2 Force made by Moto, not Lenovo. Yes, Lenovo is the Parent Company but they are letting Moto make their own phones.

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Not quite. The name Droid on a phone meant it was a Verizon exclusive phone with some Verizon added functionality that might not be found on other phones, like the Command Center widget. The Command Center widget was different on "Droid" phones compared to the same model without the Droid branding. Also, Droid phones have been made exclusive for Verizon for many years. The Z2 is not generic. It's a true Motorola phone, made by Moto but not with the Droid name attached to it, and not exclusive to Verizon. The brand name is Moto Z2 Force.

Think of it like the Droid Turbo. That was made by Moto exclusively for Verizon with the Droid name on it. The Moto Maxx was basically the exact same phone, made by Moto without the Droid name and sold all around the world on any cell carrier. Then with the Droid Turbo 2, which was exclusively sold by Verizon (Droid name on it) Moto also made the Moto X Force. Basically the exact same phone as the Turbo 2 but without the Droid name and sold all over the world, not exclusive to Verizon. The only major differences that I am aware of was the Command Center widget and a few other Verizon goodies on the Droid branded phones.

Your Z2 is not a generic phone, it's a flagship phone named Moto Z2 Force made by Moto, not Lenovo. Yes, Lenovo is the Parent Company but they are letting Moto make their own phones.

Oh that explains allot. What was different about the command center?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
You set this with DO NOT DISTURB. There's an option there to prevent the screen from waking. Last option.
e48f8720cb489470c0351b949ee53951.jpg

I like that fix except it conflicts with another problem I mentioned in a different thread. When priority mode is enabled and then disabled it doesnt seem to set the ringer back to the original volume so you miss all your calls till you notice volume is at zero? this happens if you turn on manually and if scheduled.

Does anyone else experience this or know the fix?

Last edited: