OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I hope you don't ruin your battery

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I only tried for a minute or two z2 force still seems fine. It so far never even gets hot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I hope you don't ruin your battery

I checked with Moto support and it seems their portable chargers output 2.4 amps, not sure of voltage and watts
I'm going to look for portables that are similar in stores and compare

Buy Motorola Battery Packs - MotorolaStore.com

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why not just buy a Moto Mod battery pack that snaps right on the back of the phone. It IS a Moto Mod phone after all.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Why not just buy a Moto Mod battery pack that snaps right on the back of the phone. It IS a Moto Mod phone after all.

I don't want Moto mod as I don't want the thinkness or risk them breaking apart when I drop or else that would be a good idea:)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The new one is not thick at all. So you would rather have a heavy battery dangling from your USB C port than a thin battery magnetically snapped to the back of your phone?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The new one is not thick at all. So you would rather have a heavy battery dangling from your USB C port than a thin battery magnetically snapped to the back of your phone?

That's a good point I'll check it out

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trust me.... You'll love the battery pack. Drove to Dallas from Houston. 4 and a half hours. Had maps (hence the screen never shut off) while streaming Amazon music through the Bluetooth. All while driving through some weak signal areas.
Mophie battery was at 30 percent and my phone stayed charged up to 80 percent when I got to the airport.
Not bad at all. Went the rest of the day without charging. Placed some calls... some more navigating through town...Did my bedtime reading... Lots of screen on time. Woke up this morning to a 9 percent on the battery pack and my phone battery at 80 percent. (The battery pack is not a "battery", it's a phone battery charger, got it set up to keep my phone at 80 percent)
All without dangly cables! Suck it iPhone!!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, amazing for traveling. Forget carrying another box dangling from it. Traveled to Florida, videos on the plane, game. Landed. Went to Universal Studios. Had 60% when we got back to the hotel. Real nice never having to worry about the battery. I do the 80 thing too.
/Edit Oh, and it doesn't need its own charger.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Yea, amazing for traveling. Forget carrying another box dangling from it. Traveled to Florida, videos on the plane, game. Landed. Went to Universal Studios. Had 60% when we got back to the hotel. Real nice never having to worry about the battery. I do the 80 thing too.
/Edit Oh, and it doesn't need its own charger.

I looked at a local store and the battery mod is $37 I'll consider it if I ever get to the point it doesn't last the day 1st phone that has needed an external battery half way through the day. They also have a Mophie for $79 that has even more juice. Options options. I wonder if I'll need it when the battery gets older...

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I looked at a local store and the battery mod is $37 I'll consider it if I ever get to the point it doesn't last the day 1st phone that has needed an external battery half way through the day. They also have a Mophie for $79 that has even more juice. Options options. I wonder if I'll need it when the battery gets older...

if you don't need it now, and your usage stays the same, chances are you will replace the phone first :)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The morphie is the one I have. It adds the wireless charging.
Battery life usually starts to degrade IME at 12 or 16 months.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The morphie is the one I have. It adds the wireless charging.
Battery life usually starts to degrade IME at 12 or 16 months.

Well I guess new phone in 12 to 16 months unless this one lasts... Maybe it's the Energizer bunny phone

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That's without the Morphie. Right now I only use it for charging at night mainly. I already had a wireless charger so I just attach it and charge it bedside on the wireless charger. This also frees up the charger that came with it to keep in the living room when I occasionally need a top up. So if the battery does suck in 18 months I can start carrying the Morphie. Boom. 2 years +.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My Incipio Battery Mod came with my phone for free, but I would have bought one anyway. It's always in my backpack, so no matter where I am I can charge my phone cord free if I need it. The piece of mind of having an attachable battery which allows you to continue using your phone normally vs a battery pack dangling from the cahrger port is awesome. Home run Moto!