What's max watt for z2 force charging

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have seen 15w/5 from bekin which makes z2 force actually display turbo charging instead of charging
I also saw a 27watt Belkin charger. Might be too much watts for z2 but don't know.
Adaptive quick charge from Samsung
Also a different Fast charge from Samsung which is lower wattage I think.
Verizon sells a car charger but not sure the wattage

The z2 comes with a wall charger that says 1.2 amps out but not the volts so u can tell what the watts out are. When connected it says turbo charging.
The turbo 2 also says 1.2 amps out but when connected to force it doesn't say turbo which leads me to believe the force needs more watts to turbo charge.

What's the max watts and amps the z2 force can handle?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Dude....what are you doing? Use the charger that came with your phone and don't worry about "Turbo Charging". That was a term used in Verizon Droid branded phones only. Use the charger that came with your phone and don't worry about after market chargers. You are going to end up blowing up your battery just trying to see "Turbo Charging" on your screen and that doesn't apply to your current phone. You don't own a Droid anymore.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
give the model of the belkin you are looking at. it should give the phones it works with. I do agree with the previous post, stick with oem. get the wrong charger and you could have a fire.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Dude....what are you doing? Use the charger that came with your phone and don't worry about "Turbo Charging". That was a term used in Verizon Droid branded phones only. Use the charger that came with your phone and don't worry about after market chargers. You are going to end up blowing up your battery just trying to see "Turbo Charging" on your screen and that doesn't apply to your current phone. You don't own a Droid anymore.

The charger that comes with the phone makes it say turbo charging. So turbo charging term must be part if the force line as well.
I was trying to find correct car charger and second house charger at Walmart, Best buy etc but none of them say made or compatible with force so I am trying to find the correct specs that it needs so I know which brands or models are compatible.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The charger that comes with the phone makes it say turbo charging. So turbo charging term must be part if the force line as well.
I was trying to find correct car charger and second house charger at Walmart, Best buy etc but none of them say made or compatible with force so I am trying to find the correct specs that it needs so I know which brands or models are compatible.

Amps = Watts/Volts
Watts = Amps x Volts
Volts = Watts/Amps
So the charger that comes with phone lists 1.5 amps | 12 volts so it seems that it outputting 18 watts
So the Belkin car charger that says 15 watts may be on the low side an the one that says 27 may be too strong. I wonder if there is a car charger that does 18 watts or if Moto has recommended specs somewhere

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Then buy an OEM Moto charger for your phone from Moto as a spare. No guessing about wattage, voltage, current, and no chance of an exploding battery. As far as car chargers the Verizon brand USB C fast charge car charger will work on your phone and will safely fast charge it.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
one thing to note, it is not really the wattage you have to look at. you gotta look at the amps. the following article will explain things better

https://lifehacker.com/pay-attention-to-charger-amperage-to-juice-up-your-gadg-1492446246
The Belkin lists 5 volts x 3 amps to get 15 watts vs house charger that says 1.5 amps x 12 volts looking at most of the car charges they seem to use higher amps even though where you plug it in says 12 volts. Hmm...
Based off that article the house charger that came from the force will charge slower then the car charger because it's lower amps but the car charger will charge faster but heat the phone. The article says amps are drawn by the device so high amps can't harm phone(hope that's accurate). Gonna watch if the force gets hot on car charger. It's stayed ice cold so far no matter how much I use it or charge it so far. Seems power opimization so far pretty good, hopefully it will last..

Still would like phone makers to post what max values are supported by phones.
I notice most home chargers that don't don't come with phones are 2.1 amps instead of 1.5 amps , havent seen a 3 amo home charger.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Verizon brand USB C fast car charger is compatible with all Z Series phones and you wouldn't have to guess if it works or not.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Then buy an OEM Moto charger for your phone from Moto as a spare. No guessing about wattage, voltage, current, and no chance of an exploding battery. As far as car chargers the Verizon brand USB C fast charge car charger will work on your phone and will safely fast charge it.

I checked mororola web site I only see phones not accessories for sale. Where can oem parts be purchased. I only see third party in Google search

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I got an Anker for the car. It super charges just fine.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just noticed my phone DOES say Turbocharging using OEM plug and 3rd party cable. How long have I had this thing? LOL
f94b4ccb8211bcd2ca83b1e5ee54317f.jpg

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
if you gotta ask, then where were you :p
I got a Belkin combo USB c (15w) USB a(17w) dual port wall charger with usb-c to usb-c cable in the box. This seems to work fine so far as a second wall charger for work
I am using my old turbo 2 wall outlet box with a usb-c to usb-a cable to keep in car if I have to charge in someone's house while out. It just doesn't turbo charge.(ironic).

I tried to charge my phone with a portable fast charger from Samsung that worked on turbo 2 .
When I tried when it was at 20 percent the phone said turbo charging then stopped and the charger flashed 4 LEDs which the manual said incompatible phone. When I charged the phone to 70% the portable charger worked and charged to 100% which I think is because phones pull more from battery when at a lower percent and the portable charger couldn't handle it.

I then tried a generic no name charger that works on iPhones. Phone didn't charge at all

Then I tried an old Samsung 10000 mAh Mophie usb-a to usb-c plug and it charged fine(this is my new current portable I will have to use till I find a compatible fast Charger which is my next search...