Choice of next theme...

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think everyone is not seeing my idea of a theme, as the same as their own....

For instance.... lets go with the YouTube app....

Now, you have your general app icon. Now, theming it say, with a light style, would make it all white, with a hint of the red to show what it is, etc. But, say you want your theme to be Mario, as I did before. Now, you have to show, somehow, that that is the youtube app. A TV, video symbol, something... to make the user in the end realize when they hit that button, the YouTube app will open. I have seen a call for Transformers, Godfather, Wolverine, teams, etc.... How or what do I use to show what type of app that is. That is why when I decide on the theme, its hard for me to completely get the entire phone wrapped in....

i hope you guys know I am reading these, and taking all considerations, its just more complicated to get started than pulling off the concept. I do have an idea... its a black and brownish look... I also like an actual "droid" color theme. I like the thought of a stock theme, with just the actual notifications being color. instead of all black and white, have the exact icon for GMAIL shrunk to fit and that be the notification.... etc...guess that one could be called Stock'D. Haha.

Anywho....

BachinPhx

Reaction score

Now, you have your general app icon. Now, theming it say, with a light style, would make it all white, with a hint of the red to show what it is, etc. But, say you want your theme to be Mario, as I did before. Now, you have to show, somehow, that that is the youtube app. A TV, video symbol, something... to make the user in the end realize when they hit that button, the YouTube app will open. I have seen a call for Transformers, Godfather, Wolverine, teams, etc.... How or what do I use to show what type of app that is. That is why when I decide on the theme, its hard for me to completely get the entire phone wrapped in....

i hope you guys know I am reading these, and taking all considerations, its just more complicated to get started than pulling off the concept. I do have an idea... its a black and brownish look... I also like an actual "droid" color theme. I like the thought of a stock theme, with just the actual notifications being color. instead of all black and white, have the exact icon for GMAIL shrunk to fit and that be the notification.... etc...guess that one could be called Stock'D. Haha.

Anywho....

I hear ya loud and clear. The one thing that I would suggest is making all widgets uniform in their appearance regardless of what you decide on. That would inlude, but not be limited to; Google Search, YouTube, Pandora, 3 Music Cube (If you can mess with that one since it is my music widget of choice) and any others you can think of. Also, throw in some unique wallpapers that would set the "flavor" of the theme and BAM!! you have a winner.

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Disregard the wallpaper... too lazy to change it myself. Just testing..

browntest.png

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is not bad at all. Very nice look actually.

Sent from my Droid

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A couple different looks... Green mini offset, one centered... etc.

browntest2.png

Opinions, thoughts, etc?

BachinPhx

Reaction score
A couple different looks... Green mini offset, one centered... etc.

browntest2.png

Opinions, thoughts, etc?

Like the "plainer" look. However, I don't use a lot of on screen icons. Most of mine are in Apps Organizer. I have a pretty plain main screen but sub screens have Widgets. So "tweaking" of widgets would be cool for me. As always, great work.

Armyof2

Reaction score

Anywho....

I totally agree with the thought of more of a stock look...Every theme has a black bar these days, I almost long for a white bar. I'd love to see something similar to the stock look with some flash to the icons and a pulldown transparency ...I could see accent colors in like a carolina blue

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
as usual, your vision and abilities are well beyond my capabilities - nice job!! like BachinPhx said, if you can come up with some wallpapers (or hit jairomeo up for some) that compliment your theme, that would be the topper. personally, i always struggle to find wp's to match the theme.

anyway, i like where you're going with this. ...just as long as i can use my Huskers pulldown, i'm on board!!! :)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think if you made your own version (but even better) of dark edge....it would beat the watermark'D....just ask CK :D

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to show what I had on a couple RANDOM wallpapers.

khaf

Reaction score
So no COD Modern Warfare 2 theme? sad face lol.Wish I had the time to learn Photoshop and theming.

OP
stewart1champ

stewart1champ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nothing is anywhere near decided.... but seriously.. show me an icon I can use for....let's say youtube, to match COD, and I will consider it. Hehehe.

khaf

Reaction score
I'll get on it. If anyone else on the forum wants to see a COD theme get him some icons:icon_ banana:

khaf

Reaction score
I havent looked long Im waiting on a package and my computer is upstairs. Ill try to find some better examples later

Attachments

• hot-iphone-cod-modern-warfare-2-gaming-theme-1.jpg
    hot-iphone-cod-modern-warfare-2-gaming-theme-1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 745
  • cod4.png
    cod4.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 8,944