d-INC BRICKED need help

sudod2g

Reaction score
Well, ODIN? SBF? new to HTC phones not new to android. Need some help.
Here is the situation:
Rooted SLCD Unrevoked.
S-OFF
HBOOT v092
Flashed CM 7 all was well (ive flashed a ton of roms)
I was trying to install the latest CM nightly on Rom manager.
Rom Manager made me flash clockwork recovery v.3.0.0.7 or something like that...
CM nightly #7 downloaded success reboot. Now this is when things got weird.
1)No clockwork text just black screen with white boarder, hangs permanently.
2) Stuck at HTC incredible screen will not boot.
3) I have tried battery pulls, recovery because i had a PMB... file on the SD card.
4) read forums all methods to "unbrick" require place a file on my sd card. Really?
5) dont have a card reader for micro SD??
6) RUU?

I have done my research, and didnt expect clockwork to fail like this...
any suggestions, can I push the nesesary files or possible use unrevoke to flash the original clockwork mod.

OP
sudod2g

sudod2g

Reaction score
hard reset

Well, ODIN? SBF? new to HTC phones not new to android. Need some help.
Here is the situation:
Rooted SLCD Unrevoked.
S-OFF
HBOOT v092
Flashed CM 7 all was well (ive flashed a ton of roms)
I was trying to install the latest CM nightly on Rom manager.
Rom Manager made me flash clockwork recovery v.3.0.0.7 or something like that...
CM nightly #7 downloaded success reboot. Now this is when things got weird.
1)No clockwork text just black screen with white boarder, hangs permanently.
2) Stuck at HTC incredible screen will not boot.
3) I have tried battery pulls, recovery because i had a PMB... file on the SD card.
4) read forums all methods to "unbrick" require place a file on my sd card. Really?
5) dont have a card reader for micro SD??
6) RUU?

I have done my research, and didnt expect clockwork to fail like this...
any suggestions, can I push the nesesary files or possible use unrevoke to flash the original clockwork mod.

I tried a "hard reset" and it just goes to the htc incredible screen and hangs.

OP
sudod2g

sudod2g

Reaction score
Redo Unrevoked 3.32 or whatever they're up to now. You got the wrong recovery on there somehow.

thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately unrevoked requires the phone to be booted up and working properly.

I went and got a micro sd adapter so that I can put a PB32IMG.zip of clockwork recovery 2.5.1.2. I found something on xda but its a dead end... So i need that fle.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
From Doug Piston, an expert in the field.

There is an issue with the Slcd screens and the current recovery image. But don’t worry our friend Adrynalyne has made his super scroll recovery that also supports that Slcd screen. As long as you have s-off you can flash this through hboot and carry on about your happy hacking ways. Download this file

http://dougpiston.com/files/Recovery…MG_cwm_mod.zip

MD5: 0C000258F92D981861BADAA42D09E922

Make sure your your sd is formatted to FAT32.(Backup your sd and format it if needed) Rename the file so it is PB31IMG and put on the root of sd card. (Root means not in any folders)

Boot into hboot by powering down the device and power it back up by pressing the Vol- and power at the same time. The phone should then ask you if you want to update recovery. Select yes. After that it will ask if you want to reboot. You can say yes, but if you say no you can boot into recovery and then make your back up.

Whats that you say? You don’t want to use Hboot? Fine then. Simply extract the file above. Open the root tool again and select file>custom recovery. Then select the recovery.img from the extracted zip. Then plug in phone, enable usb debugging and re run root tool.

All credit for this file goes to Adrynalyne. I merely borrowed and hosted it

OP
sudod2g

sudod2g

Reaction score
Thank you I created my own PB32IMG.zip using amon-ra recovery... that i snaked from some temp folder in rom manager on the sd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it worked!!!! WELCOME TO ADR6300!! touch the android to begin... dancedroid

Do you think I should turn this experience into a tutorial? With a working link?

Thank you for your efforts.

OP
sudod2g

sudod2g

Reaction score
I just got that clockwork you posted, zipped it renamed it, and I am going to see if it will flash over RA-inc-v1.8.1 that i am using now.

Once again thank you for your help.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Let me know if that works for you, because if so then it's the best idea to run with as a backup.

As for writing a tutorial, I wouldn't hesitate to do so if you wanted to. :)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To clarify, on the Inc the file name is PB31IMG (not 32). That might have been part of the problem.

Doug was no longer hosting the superscroll recovery because that was included in a recent version of unrEVOked (it was in 3.31; current is 3.32).

OP
sudod2g

sudod2g

Reaction score
To clarify, on the Inc the file name is PB31IMG (not 32). That might have been part of the problem.

Doug was no longer hosting the superscroll recovery because that was included in a recent version of unrEVOked (it was in 3.31; current is 3.32).

I just checked out the zip I used in hboot and you are correct PB31IMG.zip it must have been a typo while I was posting.
Thank you for clarifying enlightened. Ill have to check out 3.32.

d2g - liberated Romero v 5
fascinate rooted for my wife
D-inc hacked cracked and I can't keep track of the rom

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

Yeah, and if I'd bothered to check the link first I'd have gone right to Koush's page and tried what I ended up trying that gave me the right recovery. :) My bad for being lazy. :D

david14807

Reaction score
I have followed the instructions and still have the black screen with white bars.