Droid 2.1 Update Delayed?

713King

Reaction score
Hey guys they just recently released this information Verizon confirming 2.1 I guess they had to do testing to make sure the update is good to go. Check it out here it has screen shot

D

Dragon3463

They did to hurry up, if you ask me. lol. Something has to be done about the battery on this phone. That is one of the updates listed onthe list, isn't it?

Nathan801

Reaction score
With other phones listed as Q1 and the Droid as 'soon', i assumed that meant this month. I was wrong obviously and it blows my mind as to why they would list the Droid as soon instead of just Q1 since the difference will be so small, if any.

Just whatever you do, don't check Motorola's facebook page for news.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Well according to someone on howard forums who tests the internal 2.1 builds for the Droid, they are making new builds every few days. They are up to ESE53 i believe and he found 2 bugs on that build he reported. He also said that while it will not use the Nexus One launcher, the recent builds now have Live Wallpapers which is nice. I cant imagine it will be too much longer though but who knows.

Personally I would rather have had a 2.0.2 update in the interm with some bug fixes and then have 2.1 hit when its ready.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Live Wallpaper will be nice but I'd rather have 5 screens.

Well according to someone on howard forums who tests the internal 2.1 builds for the Droid, they are making new builds every few days. They are up to ESE53 i believe and he found 2 bugs on that build he reported. He also said that while it will not use the Nexus One launcher, the recent builds now have Live Wallpapers which is nice. I cant imagine it will be too much longer though but who knows.

Personally I would rather have had a 2.0.2 update in the interm with some bug fixes and then have 2.1 hit when its ready.

slinky

Reaction score
I could care less about live wallpaper. I'll take something that has much better battery management and a more efficient launcher than something that reminds me of my blackberry...

Isaiah

Reaction score

Then use home ++ or something. Thats what i just went back to.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could care less about live wallpaper. I'll take something that has much better battery management and a more efficient launcher than something that reminds me of my blackberry...

I'm running it on my rooted phone, but I have to admit it is highly overrated and while I can't prove it I think it hogs the battery.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score

Then use home ++ or something. Thats what i just went back to.

!Sorry!
Activity Isaiah's Comment is not responding.
[Force close] [Wait]