Droid 4 Update

orangechoochoo

So has anyone noticed if this update helps in any way?

I cant really tell because I did the droid4 utility overclock to 1300 at the same time I did the update, which made it just the slightest bit snappier. How can I undo the overclock hack?

Big D

By the power of DropBox!

http://db.tt/YIiI5SU3

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Thanks for that.

The thing is, in the picture on Droid Life, it has the new installation as: 6.13.219.XT894. All the links I've seen are for 6.13.215.XT894. And I have that installed already. I got the phone on Tuesday of this week. Could I have received a phone with the new update or is 6.13.219.XT894 the new update?

orangechoochoo

They name the files after what version it was coming from, so the update file name will be .215 since it's coming from .215 but after installation you will see your version is now .219.

Big D

They name the files after what version it was coming from, so the update file name will be .215 since it's coming from .215 but after installation you will see your version is now .219.

Ahh. So sorry. yep all good. sorry for the stupidity. On .219 now. Thanks fellas!

racemag

The update was just detailed over on Verizonwireless.com and explains what to expect with this update to build 6.13.219 rolling out this week. Being the first update for the D4 we have bug fixes, but some were needed so lets run through them. You’ll get WiFi improvements, much better battery life, and fixes to sound issues on bluetooth — especially that loud end call tone it would let out.
Other improvements include tweaks to the backlit QWERTY keyboard. The main changes are to the sensor so the backlight will only come on when the device needs it, another function that should help improve battery life. Then the update includes some new MotoCAST widgets that will be on your homescreen on the new software. Usually updates start within a few days of Verizon posting the details, but it appears this is already rolling out so check for updates and you’ll be enjoying the latest from Motorola.
Sadly this isn’t Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich yet, but then none of Moto’s phones have received it officially either. We are still expecting that for most newer phones in the next 4-8 weeks but your guess is as good as mine on the DROID 4 at this point. Let us know how the update goes.

dhaynes

I have read the thread can't find the zip anywhere when I got to find it in recovery

Sent from my DROID4

stkma70

I have read the thread can't find the zip anywhere when I got to find it in recovery

Sent from my DROID4

Ok now, After you download it move it to the ROOT of your external memory (NOT INTERNAL) SD CARD. Should show up in recovery now

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4