Exclusive: HTC Thunderbolt MR2 Update (1.66.605.2)

msuperbauer

Reaction score
Kroiky! If I flash this, can I still root via then"easy root" method? My phone is currently NOT rooted, but I am going to, don't want a rooted phone that takes forever to use gps and reboots all the time.... Thisn was so much easier on my droid x..

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kroiky! If I flash this, can I still root via then"easy root" method? My phone is currently NOT rooted, but I am going to, don't want a rooted phone that takes forever to use gps and reboots all the time.... Thisn was so much easier on my droid x..

If u root you will not have any of those. I recommend the manual root method then flash the rooted version mr2

ridin the lightning

msuperbauer

Reaction score
So rooted phones aren't having these problems? (random reboots, Long gps loft, etc) cool! When do we anticipate the rooted version of this update? And can i ask why you are recommending the abd method over the easy root? Thank you for your knowledge!

defcon888

Reaction score
Fast Boot

When I tried to reboot my phone to run the upgrade, it would not go into UPDATE mode...I tried like 7 or 8 times. Then I shut off FAST BOOT mode and did it again.....then I was able too.

So, those of you having that issue....shut off Fast Boot before updating!

thelopenator

Reaction score
Are there any perferred kernels that work real well with the roms we need to flash to install mr2? I was told the mr2 radio will work with GB? I dont want GB though, i was going to flash flyweight or maybe plainjane v3

wooddale

Reaction score
When I tried to reboot my phone to run the upgrade, it would not go into UPDATE mode...I tried like 7 or 8 times. Then I shut off FAST BOOT mode and did it again.....then I was able too.

So, those of you having that issue....shut off Fast Boot before updating!

You were in bootstrap wright? Mine was on and I didnt have any trouble.

wooddale

Reaction score
Are there any perferred kernels that work real well with the roms we need to flash to install mr2? I was told the mr2 radio will work with GB? I dont want GB though, i was going to flash flyweight or maybe plainjane v3

Imoseyons 3.0.1 pretty much works on the roms Ive tried bamf remix gingevits and plain Jane. Im back to bamf its the best for me

pinto127

Reaction score

If u root you will not have any of those. I recommend the manual root method then flash the rooted version mr2

ridin the lightning

Id love to hear what to do if the above advice wasNOT followed. I flashed MR2 and now have 1.66.605.2 as my software version. I want to root so bad and have done so successfully on lower firware versions (I had my phone replaced)

Do we KNOW of any and if so WHICH rooting methods work on the MR 2 firmware??? Thanks

wooddale

Reaction score

ridin the lightning

Id love to hear what to do if the above advice wasNOT followed. I flashed MR2 and now have 1.66.605.2 as my software version. I want to root so bad and have done so successfully on lower firware versions (I had my phone replaced)

Do we KNOW of any and if so WHICH rooting methods work on the MR 2 firmware??? Thanks

I seem to remember reading somewhere that once you did the stock MR2 there was no root avaliable yet. I asked a friend I will post when I get answer or he will

pinto127

Reaction score

ridin the lightning

I seem to remember reading somewhere that once you did the stock MR2 there was no root avaliable yet. I asked a friend I will post when I get answer or he will

of course not!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Ill wait for the OFFICIAL answer before I start cracking skulls but IM WARMING UP!!!!!!!!!:icon_evil:

wooddale

Reaction score

of course not!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Ill wait for the OFFICIAL answer before I start cracking skulls but IM WARMING UP!!!!!!!!!:icon_evil:

Well theres good news and not so bad news you can do it but you have to do manual root(adb)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...ooting-tbolt-through-adb-step-step-video.html. Ive watched the video a few times and read it too its not that hard but I have never did it

pinto127

Reaction score

Well theres good news and not so bad news you can do it but you have to do manual root(adb)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...ooting-tbolt-through-adb-step-step-video.html. Ive watched the video a few times and read it too its not that hard but I have never did it

I think I ORIGINALLY ROOTED THAT WAY. that is GREAT news. Rather be able to ROOT than NOT ROOT.

To ROOT or not to ROOT, That is the question. ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are sure. Original method works for FIRMWARE 1.66.605.2. CORRECT?

If so . . .:icon_ banana:

wooddale

Reaction score

I think I ORIGINALLY ROOTED THAT WAY. that is GREAT news. Rather be able to ROOT than NOT ROOT.

To ROOT or not to ROOT, That is the question. ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are sure. Original method works for FIRMWARE 1.66.605.2. CORRECT?

If so . . .:icon_ banana:
I got the word from Tallica he is on the rescue squad he has 3,189 posts he has helped me with everything I have ever asked him. Thats as good as I can get. You can find him and PM him. Look on the list of members. Good Luck Happy Rooting

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
MR2.5 radio was leaked today.