Exclusive: HTC Thunderbolt MR2 Update (1.66.605.2)

wooddale

Reaction score

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
ReAD IT BEFORE YOU FLASH IT NOT GOOD FO EVERYONE
Read what? Chingy posted it. He's been running it for a week without issues.

Maybe you should read it.

[Radio] [Leak] [6-16-11] MR2.5 Radio - 1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1 - xda-developers

I wasnt trying to be a dick about it. Says wright in link you sent me only for people using bamf test rom 2.0-5 bite me

No it doesn't. Read the OP by chingy. No mention of any Rom names. It's a gb radio.

wooddale

Reaction score
Read what? Chingy posted it. He's been running it for a week without issues.

Maybe you should read it.

[Radio] [Leak] [6-16-11] MR2.5 Radio - 1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1 - xda-developers

I wasnt trying to be a dick about it. Says wright in link you sent me only for people using bamf test rom 2.0-5 bite me

No it doesn't. Read the OP by chingy. No mention of any Rom names. It's a gb radio.

I appoligize I read it but miss read it. Still wasnt trying to be a dick lol. Anyway did you try it and is it any better. Im on remix#6 and battery sucks. But that the price you pay for being a leak user

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's been running good for me. No reboot or weird fc's. LTE speeds are solid. Haven't had a 3g handoff so I'm not sure about that. God locks are instant still. Battery seems to be the same. Averaging 9 to 10 hours with moderate use.

wooddale

Reaction score
It's been running good for me. No reboot or weird fc's. LTE speeds are solid. Haven't had a 3g handoff so I'm not sure about that. God locks are instant still. Battery seems to be the same. Averaging 9 to 10 hours with moderate use.

Out of all the roms and radios Ive been on I never had a reboot problem from the start. Batterey not good probably like yours. My GPS takes a good 30 seconds to lock that must be my location I am in 4G real close to Ohara airport In IL. Speed about 13 kibts ave.

jerrywesley

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been answered.

What happens if I update my non-root TB with the non-root version then Verizon releases the real MR2?

What happens if the answer is nothing and then, after a period of time they release MR3, will that update OTA?

Thanks

wooddale

Reaction score

What happens if I update my non-root TB with the non-root version then Verizon releases the real MR2?

What happens if the answer is nothing and then, after a period of time they release MR3, will that update OTA?

Thanks

The update for the stock MR2 is a full ROM So once you get it you are stock Ginger you will be able to get any updates that are avaliable. dont believe there is a root yet except manual root (adb)

jerrywesley

Reaction score

Thanks

The update for the stock MR2 is a full ROM So once you get it you are stock Ginger you will be able to get any updates that are avaliable. dont believe there is a root yet except manual root (adb)

Thanks for the quick answer.

I know this wipes the phone/apps and settings. Does it also clean the SD card?

I would like a clear start since I have a lot of orphaned application folders.

Thanks

wooddale

Reaction score

Thanks

Thanks for the quick answer.

I know this wipes the phone/apps and settings. Does it also clean the SD card?

I would like a clear start since I have a lot of orphaned application folders.

Thanks
No it wont do the card or the gallery need to do it manually

95delslow

Reaction score
I have a question!? A buddy of mine has a T.B. and he did the 2.2.1 update and it now restarts all the time threw out the day...??? I dont really know whats up with that? We did the hard reset and its kinda helped but it still does it but not as often. He has an LTE switch to keep his phone from getting 4G because he was told that 4G can kill your battery. Is this true? And if anyone may know whats going on with all the random restarts please let me know! =) oh and it restarts almost everytime he takes a phone call... Idk if that helps but let me know! Thanks so much! This forum is awesome!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wanted to report that even on the MR2 RUU, looks like I get a reboot every 24-30 hours.

ck3jr

Reaction score
I have installed the mr2 update and I seem to be having problems with the 3g running. All morning long I had been in 1x or neither 3g or 1x, I reset and check all setting to make sure nothing was turned off. Later this afternoon the 3g seem to run fine so what could be the issue? i called verizon to make sure the 3g was not down and they said everything was ok.

My question is can I revert back to the original update or stock if need be so I can take it back to verizon if there is a internal problem and if so how?

Or is this my answer?

QUOTE=cnmsales;1403405][ROM]Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release - xda-developers

1. place the zip on the root of your sd card
2. rename the zip, PG05IMG
3. Power off The TB
4. Boot into Hboot by pressing Power and Volume down at the same time
5. Follow the instructions givin threw hboot

Torrent: Click Here

Speeds will pick up once we get a few seeds. Please download and seed for as long as possible. Im sure this is going to be needed for a while.[/

Last edited:

electric6

Reaction score
Ok, installed this update. MUCH BETTER!! Totally makes me a happy camper. Now that im all MR2'd and ready to go, is there a working root for those with full stock MR2 RUU like myself? All the root methods I have found are for MR1. Ideas?