Fix for the vzw google wallet block

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1465197-425946-warning-big-brother-is-watching-you-red-sign-with-eye-in-a-keyhole.jpg

BIG BROTHER RED

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is it? Should I do it? What are the benefits?

Your bootloader is shipped locked. What that fast boot command does is unlock your bootloader which grants you near limitless freedom. You will be able to flash jellybean even though Verizon has not technically released it. You can flash custom kernels an ROMs meant to improve battery life. You can flash the newest radios which have cured many of data drops. Really more benefits than I can even possibly put into one post.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MonKENy

Reaction score
I thought it was maybe something different than typical root. So its basically just rooting the phone? Can you direct me to the best root prog.? I have rooted and flashed my dx plenty of times.

Im doing the battery conditioning at the moment. Went through 1 discharge im on my 1st full recharge ill fast discharge again tomorrow and then my final recharge.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well unlocking the bootloader and rooting are very different things (just ask owners of Moto phones). If you're interested, there's a sticky by SBenson in the development section on how to get the proper drivers set up so you can unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nubby

Reaction score
Wish I would have seen this before I went to the store without my analog wallet.

Also, is this true?

Security – Google Wallet, in particular, has a vulnerability on rooted devices that could allow other apps to access your PIN and other wallet information. Google Wallet displays a warning message if you run it on a rooted device. If you’re one of the few people using Google Wallet for NFC payments, you may want to reconsider rooting your device.

Last edited:

nubby

Reaction score
Can someone put up this apk again. I unlocked and reinstalled from a different link and now my free card is gone. Still had a few google dollars to spend.

EDIT: I just read that reinstalling after 9/17 would result in loss of prepaid card.
-Crap!

Last edited:

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wish I would have seen this before I went to the store without my analog wallet.

Also, is this true?

Security – Google Wallet, in particular, has a vulnerability on rooted devices that could allow other apps to access your PIN and other wallet information. Google Wallet displays a warning message if you run it on a rooted device. If you’re one of the few people using Google Wallet for NFC payments, you may want to reconsider rooting your device.

Yes it is true. That said I'm rooted and use wallet daily. I just don't install stupid apps.

Versatile1.png

gernerttl

Reaction score
Ok. I've got the latest version of Google Wallet (google wallet v1.5-r79 v5), but when I try to side load it I get an "App not installed" message. How do I get around that?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok. I've got the latest version of Google Wallet (google wallet v1.5-r79 v5), but when I try to side load it I get an "App not installed" message. How do I get around that?

you installing it on your fascinate?

if so it proobably wont work any way .