Fix for the vzw google wallet block

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. I have a Galaxy Nexus. So I know it will work. I just can't get it to install.

Why not just move it to /system/app through a root explorer? Change permissions to RW-R-R It installs as a system app anyway. Don't know why you just can't install it though. Weird

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gernerttl

Reaction score
Why not just move it to /system/app through a root explorer? Change permissions to RW-R-R It installs as a system app anyway. Don't know why you just can't install it though. Weird

Which means I have to root my phone...[sigh] And yes, it is weird that it won't sideload. I had this problem even before Verizon updated me to JB.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which means I have to root my phone...[sigh] And yes, it is weird that it won't sideload. I had this problem even before Verizon updated me to JB.

My mistake. I just assumed you were rooted. ;) All the solutions I know around that error involve being rooted...

gernerttl

Reaction score
My mistake. I just assumed you were rooted. ;) All the solutions I know around that error involve being rooted...

I'm not afraid to root my phone. I've done it before. It's just so damn tedious. I've tried Wug's toolkit, and unfortunately it didn't work. I wonder if I should back up my data and factory reset my phone.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I'm not afraid to root my phone. I've done it before. It's just so damn tedious. I've tried Wug's toolkit, and unfortunately it didn't work. I wonder if I should back up my data and factory reset my phone.

In case you are unaware, Titanium Backup can now back up your unrooted phone's data - ADB required. Head over to the Titanium Track website for the news blurb.

MonKENy

Reaction score
can someone link me to the apk (is that what it is?) The one on the site in the OP is down. Do we know if this is still viable or did VZN block it again?