Linear For Gummy Jar

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's going to be any fix to address the haptic feedback and swype issue? Haptic feedback doesn't work for user interface, but if fine for cytown. Swype basically the keyboard has limited features enabled, basically it's just a normal keyboard now. Also are there going to be more icons in this thread for the ADW theme like gosms, miren browser etc? Thanks again!:icon_ banana:dancedroid

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's going to be any fix to address the haptic feedback and swype issue? Haptic feedback doesn't work for user interface, but if fine for cytown. Swype basically the keyboard has limited features enabled, basically it's just a normal keyboard now. Also are there going to be more icons in this thread for the ADW theme like gosms, miren browser etc? Thanks again!:icon_ banana:dancedroid
Do you have the swype keyboard selected or Motorola Multi Touch we provided both. Also for feedback to work it must be turned on in settings, sound feedback then you must enable that in your swype settings.....it is the same swype keyboard included in DX roms just themed.

As far as icons we have 80+ included and it is impossible to theme them all. One more update will be provided before the theme goes to the market but it will only theme the rest of gummyjar existing system icons.

Sent from my DROIDX

mbh87

Reaction score
the vibrate for haptic feedback is a little softer than normal so something must have been changed.

pinhead875

Reaction score
Maps fix for those of you that already had 5.0 installed prior to flashing theme.

Steps:
Extract Maps1.apk from zip
Uninstall maps 5.0 using market or settings manage applications uninstall
Install extracted Maps1 "version4.7.0"(install like non market app)
Reflash theme
Enjoy:)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I uninstalled 5.0 maps, downloaded the apk, and now the new Maps1 won't install. Any thoughts?

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maps fix for those of you that already had 5.0 installed prior to flashing theme.

Steps:
Reflash theme

I uninstalled 5.0 maps, downloaded the apk, and now the new Maps1 won't install. Any thoughts?

Yep use root explorer go to system/ apps and delete the maps that is probably already there. Reboot then try to install maps1. I forgot to add that step my bad.

Sent from my DROIDX

pinhead875

Reaction score

Steps:
Reflash theme

Yep use root explorer go to system/ apps and delete the maps that is probably already there. Reboot then try to install maps1. I forgot to add that step my bad.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ok, deleted maps.apk via RE, rebooted, confirmed apk is gone, maps1.apk still won't install. Tried to rename to just maps.apk, won't install. What next?

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you installing maps1 using root explorer or astro to install like a non market app? If so I am not sure. I just verified the method and it works for me....can someone else please test my method from post 7 to see if I am missing something.

Sent from my DROIDX

pinhead875

Reaction score
Are you installing maps1 using root explorer or astro to install like a non market app? If so I am not sure. I just verified the method and it works for me....can someone else please test my method from post 7 to see if I am missing something.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm using Root Explorer. I tried to install by pressing on the apk, then press install. It's not allowing install (unsuccessful). I tried moving the apk to /system/app and changed the permissions then reboot. That's not working either. What am I doing wrong?

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure.....maybe stale map files still exist....run a search from root explorer for maps with your system in RW and delete any file that shows except for maps1 which should show up 2x both on the sd card....that is just a guess though I just used the procedure again so I am not sure why it isn't working on your DX.

Sent from my DROIDX

pinhead875

Reaction score
Ok, here's a "maps" search. What do you think?
snap20101218_111345.png

pinhead875

Reaction score
One more thing here. The notification bar looks great, but I can't read my Dropbox notification (I know what it's for, but is the font supposed to be white?):

snap20101218_112120.png

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Do you have the swype keyboard selected or Motorola Multi Touch we provided both. Also for feedback to work it must be turned on in settings, sound feedback then you must enable that in your swype settings.....it is the same swype keyboard included in DX roms just themed.

As far as icons we have 80+ included and it is impossible to theme them all. One more update will be provided before the theme goes to the market but it will only theme the rest of gummyjar existing system icons.

Sent from my DROIDX

I do have swype selected and it gives me this message "The swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operated with limited functionality." When i reinstall swype this fixes the issue but I lose the themed version. Haptic is on but a lot (way) softer than usual.