Looking to buy a new tablet. Suggestions?

musclemilk

Reaction score
I went to best buy and did not like the nook or playbook or htc flyer.

I did however like the kindle fire but its a bit small.

I did like the xoom and galaxy tab, but given price the xoom was expensive.

I am looking to spend 350$
Any suggestions would be great thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX

Reaction score
Hey...i just orderd the galaxy tab...on vz website for $99..w/2 yr and $30 for 2gb..good price...but the tab was released a yr ago...i wanted a xoom bad...but i decided to go small...(traveling etc) but if u want a xoom...i checked ebay...dont have that much selection...i look at amazon..why better...for what u wanna spend...u can find it on amazon...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

skennelly

Reaction score
I have the gtab 10.1, I'm trying to sell it so I can get the 8.9. That's my recommendation. 10.1 is just a little too big. We have two kindle fires for our daughters and they are great for the price. We bought two refurbished fires on Amazon for 169 each.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Depending on what you want to use the tablet determines the size you should get. For business use and general use the 10"tab is really nice. It works great for looking up stuff and using it as a mini laptop. It's also really nice for watching movies. If you plan on just reading or carrying the tablet everywhere, the smaller tablets are nice, but in my opinion I don't see a use for a smaller tablet, you can just use your phone. My girlfriend has the kindle fire and it is really sol and it's great for carrying around fort reading, I just don't care for the user interface that Amazon puts on there. I prefer something with a similar interface as my phone so I would get the g tab or zoom. I like the size and look of the g tab over the zoom.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Samsung just released the new Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Wifi only) for $250. It's close to competing with the FIRE, but has more features.

downtime57

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok, after having played extensively with the Kindle Fire over the weekend I'm now convinced I can really use a tablet. But not the Kindle - want a bigger screen. So far I've narrowed it down to:

o Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
o Asus Eee Transformer 16GB
o Toshiba Excite 10

They're all $450 or less, all have an SD Card slot and all are 1280x800. I like the idea of getting a dock someday so the Asus gets marks for that but the word is that the Samsung is better built and has less problems with ICS. Hadn't thought about a Toshiba at all but just ran across a fairly favorable review (but then PC Mag sort of trahsed it) so just included it for comparisons sake.

I would like to keep the price at $400 or less (not including the SD card when/if I get one) so I guess this qualifies as an 'entry level' purchase.

Any thoughts on the above or other suggestions ?

Thanks,

Peter.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I personally only have in depth experience with the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I enjoyed it and its design is beautiful.

downtime57

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just ordered the Asus Transformer 300TF. It was a close race but I think this one will do for a while.

Thanks for all the help,

Peter.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Congrats. I hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my Red Eclipsed Droid Bionic