da3902ad7a1b9d270a4d96cd71cfb6e9.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
It's too bad none of the retailers is stocking the 64GB version. I kind of would want that one, as I've blown through all of my storage on my 64 gig Turbo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mcraeh

Reaction score
I thought Verizon did away with the contracts? So what does that 2 year contract thing mean, you have to finance the phone for 2 years?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought Verizon did away with the contracts? So what does that 2 year contract thing mean, you have to finance the phone for 2 years?
Good question.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They did but they didn't. That's one way to keep your UDP and get a new phone for cheap.

Clamshell

Reaction score
BB deal on DPP of 21.83. for 24mths is a reasonable price IMHO. Even better with the JBL thrown in.
I'm really torn about getting this or waiting for the 2016 Nexus or seeing what the Moto X 2016 is like. Decisions decisions. Wonder how long BB will be offering this deal?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
BB deal on DPP of 21.83. for 24mths is a reasonable price IMHO. Even better with the JBL thrown in.
I'm really torn about getting this or waiting for the 2016 Nexus or seeing what the Moto X 2016 is like. Decisions decisions. Wonder how long BB will be offering this deal?

I'd personally wait ....I'm sure there will be other deals out ...smart move waiting on both Nexus and other releases ...I know I say it always right before I pick up the damn phone I'm holding off on

6S PLUS

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I want the Droid Force. have to wait till Payday to Payoff my Line and hopefully this deal will be around next week. Its the exact setup i want at a price too good to pass.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The BB Contract thnig is a racket. Don't fall for it.
No, VZW does not offer consumers contracts. Best Buy does for a mere $40/month connect fee. Yes, they double VZW's connect fee. So I suppose it might be worth it to get the phone for $1.00.
But just be warned... BB does get theirs. $40/mon x 24 mon = $960 as opposed to the $480 VZW gets.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The BB Contract thnig is a racket. Don't fall for it.
No, VZW does not offer consumers contracts. Best Buy does for a mere $40/month connect fee. Yes, they double VZW's connect fee. So I suppose it might be worth it to get the phone for $1.00.
But just be warned... BB does get theirs. $40/mon x 24 mon = $960 as opposed to the $480 VZW gets.
Alright. I'm curious here. $1.99 for the new phone + the free speaker, but the connect fee you're talking about is the upgrade fee, right? VZW charges $20 one-time and BB wants $40?

Or this is $40 extra each month?

Because I'm checking this out and it's showing as $1.99 with new contract and a one-time $40 access fee.

If my bill's not going to change...I'm seriously considering this deal...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Alright. I'm curious here. $1.99 for the new phone + the free speaker, but the connect fee you're talking about is the upgrade fee, right? VZW charges $20 one-time and BB wants $40?

Because I'm checking this out and it's showing as $1.99 with new contract and a one-time $40 access fee.

If my bill's not going to change...I'm seriously considering this deal...

I'm no expert on these Best Buy options, never bought a phone through them but this is in the fine print once you select that phone:

Except as follows, your current Verizon price plan and features will not be changed with this transaction. Each device added or upgraded to your account will incur a Monthly Line Access Fee which may vary based upon your contract or device payment enrollment.

Also, the $1.99 phone is the regular Droid Z, not the Force. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's a really nice phone; but the shatter proof screen and larger battery may be worth the extra $$ to get the Force.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm no expert on these Best Buy options, never bought a phone through them but this is in the fine print once you select that phone:

Except as follows, your current Verizon price plan and features will not be changed with this transaction. Each device added or upgraded to your account will incur a Monthly Line Access Fee which may vary based upon your contract or device payment enrollment.

Also, the $1.99 phone is the regular Droid Z, not the Force. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's a really nice phone; but the shatter proof screen and larger battery may be worth the extra $$ to get the Force.
Thing is, I'm not actually in the market for a new phone and I don't really care about the Shatter Shield, so if I'm going to do this, it's gonna be the cheaper version.

Bigger battery option would be nice, but I think I can manage. If not, and I actually use it as a DD, there's no reason I can't shell out the money for the straight-up battery pack down the road if I'm getting the phone for $41.99 + the $80 speaker mod that has a battery in it...

Pretty sure the wife is napping with the baby right now, because she didn't respond to my text asking her if I'm crazy to go for this...Seems too good to be true, but my bill has been lower since we got her new phone and tweaked the plan, so it's not like I couldn't float $20 extra a month, but the only thing showing for my Verizon plan is the $40 upgrade fee, so far...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
MotoZ.jpg
but the connect fee you're talking about is the upgrade fee, right? VZW charges $20 one-time and BB wants $40?

AND a $40 activation fee.

Why else would BB offer contracts that VZW doesn't for the exact same price? Doesn't make sense.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Other thing is, it's a 1.5 hr. drive to the nearest store, so I have to have it shipped.

Looks like the $1.99 is due today and the $40 upgrade fee must get billed to the VZW account.

I'm on with BB chat support now to see if it'll affect my monthly bill at all before I pull the trigger.