Moto Z Getting Oreo "In a Few Weeks"

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
That fixed it. After asking about deleting all apps' cache and saying I deleted the cache partition, I should've considered that might be a situation that clearing the cache of the app might help!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

so all is well?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
All is well for the Launcher issue he had. There are still other Oreo 8.0 issues we are dealing with on out Moto Z phones

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
so all is well?
Yes, sorry I didn't reply promptly. Literally everything, like notification sounds are great. No battery drain problems.
Not a life and death or misery thing, but I turned off the screensaver, and the clock screensaver persists when charging. I've cleared cache partition and restarted, but it stays.
I can ignore that, everything else is fine.
Thanks for everyone's help

Soccerref12

Reaction score
Yes, sorry I didn't reply promptly. Literally everything, like notification sounds are great. No battery drain problems.
Not a life and death or misery thing, but I turned off the screensaver, and the clock screensaver persists when charging. I've cleared cache partition and restarted, but it stays.
I can ignore that, everything else is fine.
Thanks for everyone's help

Did you try going into settings - display - sleep and turn off screen saver?

Soccerref12

Reaction score
When I plug my phone in, the clock display comes on, but goes away after 30 second of inactivity.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Did you try going into settings - display - sleep and turn off screen saver?

Yes. I changed it to color, Beautiful Widgets, and photo and back to off.
But, it always comes back to click on the off setting.
Thank you for the help.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
When I plug my phone in, the clock display comes on, but goes away after 30 second of inactivity.

That's what is going on. I guess I'm wrong about what I thought vs what was occurring.
And, I'm not hearing beeps during a call. Seems to be only tree two beeps when the call is initially connected.
Thank you for helping

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
"Downloads"
Used to download an image, a photo, a document, a logo, etc., and open the app drawer, and right after "Docs" was "Downloads". Fast and easy to access.
How so I restore that feature? I know I can open a file app and go thru that, but I miss my downloads in the app drawer

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
"Downloads"
Used to download an image, a photo, a document, a logo, etc., and open the app drawer, and right after "Docs" was "Downloads". Fast and easy to access.
How so I restore that feature? I know I can open a file app and go thru that, but I miss my downloads in the app drawer

You can't. They removed the app named Downloads. Now we have to use the File Manager app and navigate to the Download folder on internal storage. It's all part of getting the Z2 Launcher. For years Moto owners bitched & moaned about not getting the Launcher that the newer model has. It was ugly on their Forum. Now, Moto listened and gave us the new Launcher.....and now the bitching & moaning on their Forum is out of control over that (the Command Center, not the Download app).

You can still manage downloaded files using the File Manager app, just not with a direct shortcut from the app drawer.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For me, I go to File Manager > Local > Internal Storage and there are all the folders, including Downloads.
bb9899bef0463efe9be81ca102b788e4.jpg

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
PERFECT!
I got it. I appreciate the detailed explanation and help.
I hope you're by the pool now for a five-day weekend . If not, I hope your week runs smoothly.
I hated holidays in the middle of the week. I had a Monday/Tuesday, holiday, another Monday/Tuesday. Unless, I could work Wednesday and have Thursday thru Sunday, preferred at the lake on a houseboat

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
A while back, some said they got a notification of Tapatalk using too much battery.
I got it, tonight. Battery at 77%, of the charger since noon.
States that Tapatalk is responsible for 0% of battery consumption.
In searching around, I found some reference to the Oreo update "shames"'some app developers with this notification.
Don't know what the facts are, but apparently Tapatalk is not eating battery time.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend .

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A while back, some said they got a notification of Tapatalk using too much battery.
In searching around, I found some reference to the Oreo update "shames"'some app developers with this notification.
Don't know what the facts are, but apparently Tapatalk is not eating battery time.

That was me, and Gudusau. If that is true then Google is shaming themselves also. I received that notification for three days every time I used Tapatalk. Then they stopped all by themselves. But then for the next 2 days I got a notification for "Play Music is using battery" every time I used Play Music to listen to music. And that's a Google app. Those notifications eventually stopped also.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
That was me, and Gudusau. If that is true then Google is shaming themselves also. I received that notification for three days every time I used Tapatalk. Then they stopped all by themselves. But then for the next 2 days I got a notification for "Play Music is using battery" every time I used Play Music to listen to music. And that's a Google app. Those notifications eventually stopped also.

Thanks. I unchecked it. Moon is full. Earth if at its farthest point from the sun, but it's the hottest day

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Thanks TxDoc. Hope you had a good holiday as well my friend.